our captain

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Magnificent all game yesterday and despite being visibly gutted at his booking he maintained his composure and set us on our way with a terrific penalty.

Fully deserves the armband, we have been blessed with some wonderful captains at our club.

He's the best Hearts captain of my time supporting the club, easily.

The man Snakely wishes he could be.

A Roy Keane in Turin esque performance in extra time and pens yesterday. Breaks my heart he won't be leading us out in the final :(

Comforts me slightly that he could lift the trophy in a sharp suit and club tie :wub:

The club should be doing their best to retain both Zal and Webster, the Hearts may be on the outset on one of their best spells in their history

Plenty of really good young players at the club just now.

For those who were paying attention as well, his reaction to Ngoo when he scored tells you all you need to know about what a captain and human being this is. Celebrated like a dafty, waited until everyone had gone off back to their positions and then put his arm around him and had a quiet word to congratulate him. Ngoo's chest puffed out like and he walked off clearly feeling 10 feet tall.

Whatever he said, it was inspirational stuff.

PS. Robinson and Ngoo celebrating together at the goal and their chat pre-match made me think that they have already hit it off in a big way. About 5 feet difference in them as well :lol:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The club should be doing their best to retain both Zal and Webster, the Hearts may be on the outset on one of their best spells in their history

Plenty of really good young players at the club just now.

This, I would have total confidence in playing nine of our wonder-bairns if we still had those two at the back. Two of the best centre backs in the country.

Potentially my favourite player to wear the shirt during my time following Hearts. With every game I love him more. Legend.

Guest Dipped Flake

Zal has grown into a true legend as a player and captain and would be gutted to see him go. However, am I the only one who is getting fed up with Webster recenly? His every ball is sideways or backwards. I really hope if we have to lose one of them that it is not Zal

Nelly Terraces

My unashamed manlove for Captain Cooltm knows no bounds, he was simply imperious yesterday, and leading from the front in taking his pen.

I'm absolutely gutted he can't make the final, cheers Norris ya cheating wee welt.

ZAL - The Rock of Gorgie. :crowngrin:

Did anyone else see him giving Mullen's a hard time after he failed to pick up an ICT player?

Was right behind it in the SS upper and big Zal was not a happy man.......think Mullen's got the message that it wasn't to happen again!

I said the other day that he's the best captain of Hearts in a generation. Yesterday was just another chapter in the story.

Missing the final though. Gutted.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He's reaction to the booking suggests to me he's not going anywhere until the summer at least.

I would genuinely accept losing every other first team player if it meant we could keep the hero Zaliukas.

Mr Hearts.

He's reaction to the booking suggests to me he's not going anywhere until the summer at least.

He's not going anywhere and he's giving my son a 1 to 1 coaching session in a few weeks .... My son loves Captain Fantastic!!

Zal has grown into a true legend as a player and captain and would be gutted to see him go. However, am I the only one who is getting fed up with Webster recenly? His every ball is sideways or backwards. I really hope if we have to lose one of them that it is not Zal

I think you might be the only one of that opinion about stroller

Toxteth O'Grady

Thought he could have cleared the ball before their goal. Tin hat on!

Brilliant leadership in taking the first penalty though.

Is it 2 or 3 Bookings? I can only see 2 (3rd round v Livingston and yesterday). On Radio Scotland they are saying its 3 bookings to miss final. Dont think we played in the 2nd and he wasnt booked v Dundee united in 4rth round so surely only 2 bookings for Zal? So will he be available for final???

Did anyone else see him giving Mullen's a hard time after he failed to pick up an ICT player?

Was right behind it in the SS upper and big Zal was not a happy man.......think Mullen's got the message that it wasn't to happen again!

Zal bollocked him, 5 seconds later Webster gave him a wee pat and a whisper, obviously telling him just to concentrate. Nice and nasty routine. Brilliant leadership

Absolutely gutted he's not going to be leading us out at the final. He's the man who deserves to lift both cups more than any other captain in my lifetime.

Hope he gets the opportunity to lift the trophy in his suit.

Not sure if it's an official thing but I'm guessing Webster is our vice captain? He will do a good job and would be more than happy to see him lift the trophy should we win

Yesterday Zal and Webster concreted their place in the Hearts hall of fame as legends. Not quite in the Gary Mackay, John Robertson bracket, but the tier just below.

I remember when Zal was sent off at Falkirk stadium when Frail was manager and we were in free fall, I stood up and roared "get lost and never come back". Zal, I applogise for this. How wrong I was. Who would have thought he would go on to have such a career with Hearts.

As for Webster, he was probably my favourite player in the Levein era. A brilliant brilliant defender, even as a twenty year old. Was I raging when his agent badly advised him and he went to UEFA, of course I was, and I'm sure he would take that back if he could. However, he should have played in the cup final that season as he deserved a winners medal and didn't give it. That is all forgotten now though, as he has been immense since returning and may well have his second winners medal in a couple of months time.

Zal and Webster are the rock of this very unstable club and after heroically getting us through to penalties, they both stepped up and stroked them home.

Legends!!!!!

He's the best Hearts captain of my time supporting the club, easily.

The man Snakely wishes he could be.

A Roy Keane in Turin esque performance in extra time and pens yesterday. Breaks my heart he won't be leading us out in the final :(

Comforts me slightly that he could lift the trophy in a sharp suit and club tie :wub:

Walks out onto the grass in sharp suit and tie with the Scottish Cup in his arms. Congratulates his team mates then raises both cups aloft. one in each hand...

Jam Tarts 1874

Is it 2 or 3 Bookings? I can only see 2 (3rd round v Livingston and yesterday). On Radio Scotland they are saying its 3 bookings to miss final. Dont think we played in the 2nd and he wasnt booked v Dundee united in 4rth round so surely only 2 bookings for Zal? So will he be available for final???

Yeah, I defo heard Radio Scotland saying 3 yellows for a ban. Fingers crossed.

Bombscare

What a heep of crap, try attending games instead of racking up your post count. Watch a replay of our goal on Saturday (as you obviously werren't either their or watching) and see who orchestrated our goal.

Big Zal might make mistakes but bombscare he aInt

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is it not only if you enter in the second round it's 3 bookings for a suspension? We entered in the 3rd.

Hope this is true though, would be a big boost!

Fermit the Krog

Is it not only if you enter in the second round it's 3 bookings for a suspension? We entered in the 3rd.

Hope this is true though, would be a big boost!

3 bookings if you enter in the 2nd round.

2 bookings if you enter in the 3rd.

I read somewhere.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Holy Moly. Love the big man too, but you must have blinkers on if you haven't seen some of the glaring errors. Very regular but a real honest player. A good captain, not sure about the euphoria.

alwaysthereinspirit

WV24-Cup-Final.jpg

You can tell from that photo that he's nothing but a footballing mercenary. In it only for the money.

Cap Zal must be spewing he won't be given the opportunity to lift another trophy for the club, maybe Webster will invite him up in Locke and Fulton style if we win it.

Archived