Man Utd v Barca.

Walter Bishop

The Old Tolbooth
Very similar to the first leg John, lots of possession, lots of pretty little triangles of football in the middle of the park, but no end result. Apart from Lionel Messi they had no one who could really hurt Manchester United.

I totally agree mate, and that hurts because I detest manure :D

Oh well, Liverpool v Man Utd in Moscow it is then ;)

Barca were dire. They passed the ball about fine, but not in the part of the pitch it mattered. As soon as they got into final 3rd, they had no ideas

Messi was excellent though, and was basically doing all the attacking himself. His close control is unbelievable

Man Us performance was quite strange. They looked good on the break, but their ball retention was very poor, and a decent team would have hurt them

Probably won't even bother to watch the final now, as the English teams generally always cancel each other out, and it will be boring. That coupled with the English commentators, will be too much for me to take!

I think Chelsea will win it, as they are coming in to form at the right time, and are just so solid defensively.

I think this competition loses so much of its appeal when 2 teams from the same country reach the final

Clearly learned a lot playing against us:confused:

Unfortunately didn't. Got time off after the Copa. Shame as easily the best player on the world. Will be an all time great in my opinion.

I totally agree mate, and that hurts because I detest manure :D

Oh well, Liverpool v Man Utd in Moscow it is then ;)

I think Liverpool will struggle to contain Essien and Drogba but it can go either way so we will see.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I disagree.

If The Chels win tomorrow they have the beating of United as we saw on Saturday but Liverpool are no match for United, they seem to be scared of them.

It's a different game altogether, there is no way you can take anything from the result in Saturdays game.

This trophy is Fergies holy grail and I for one hope he does it.

Man Utd are on a different level from Chelsea or Liverpool.

Did anyone see the bit where Messi was taking on Scholes and sort of touched it from his left to his right and knocked it past him? It was in the box I think.

Was wanting them to show the reply because that was some of the best close control I have ever seen!

Unbelievable.

It's a different game altogether, there is no way you can take anything from the result in Saturdays game.

This trophy is Fergies holy grail and I for one hope he does it.

Man Utd are on a different level from Chelsea or Liverpool.

You are so wrong.

The Old Tolbooth
I think Liverpool will struggle to contain Essien and Drogba but it can go either way so we will see.

My prediction for tomorrow night is that Chelsea will batter Liverpool for the first 45 minutes and probably go in 1-0 up at half time, but in the second half Chelsea's bottle will crash and Liverpool will equalise, and then go on to win on penalties.

Should get a good price on that one.

Did anyone see the bit where Messi was taking on Scholes and sort of touched it from his left to his right and knocked it past him? It was in the box I think.

Was wanting them to show the reply because that was some of the best close control I have ever seen!

Unbelievable.

That was incredible

I still don't know how he did it, but to totally skin someone of Scholes' class like that was superb

Couldn't believe they didn't show a replay :evilno:

chester copperpot
I disagree.

If The Chels win tomorrow they have the beating of United as we saw on Saturday but Liverpool are no match for United, they seem to be scared of them.

Liverpool 5 CL victories

Man U 2

Chelsea 0.

Now tell me again who's best equipped to play Man Utd in the final again.

Barcelona tried to pass Man Yoo to death. They are all very pretty and small passing triangles but have no cutting edge what so ever.

I was really, really unimpressed by Abidal, Zambrotta, Valdes and especially Deco. He seems to have lost the majority of his ability, couldn't keep the ball, poor in the tackle, only produced a few nice touches.

I thought Park and Tevez were superb. Both players who may not have expected to play but were United's better players.

That'll be Rijkaard gone. If he's looking for a job, there'll be one at Stamford Bridge and Tynecastle at the end of the season if he's interested. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I thought Ferdinand was the man of the match by a street. He held United together superbly at the back, despite all of Barca's probing. He's the main reason they never created a chance, despite Brown looking like a liability beside him.

I'd rather play Chelski in the final - be nice to p*ss Abramovich off in his home city!

I thought Ferdinand was the man of the match by a street. He held United together superbly at the back, despite all of Barca's probing. He's the main reason they never created a chance, despite Brown looking like a liability beside him.

I'd rather play Chelski in the final - be nice to p*ss Abramovich off in his home city!

Thought Rio was outstanding, has been for most of the season.

Think your being a bit critical of Brown, I thought he was solid.

Prepare for English clubs to be banned from Europe now, all going to kick off!

Never saw the game, but now Man U are in the final, menas big bucks for me selling my final ticket!

Gold! :) :) :) :)

crazy_jambo_2006

Tevez awesome tonight. Park was great. Scholes was superb. Evra was brilliant. I would absolutely love it if Liverpool get to the Final. It would be a better final imo than if chelsea got there. I detest chelsea with a passion. They have no history (2 bought premierships). Before anyone kicks off, I'll say Utd do not just buy success. Utd bring on young players + have always had a core of Brits. Chelsea buy nearly everyone, even their English players. It would also be a shame if a man bereft of personality (Grant) did what Mourinho couldn't do ie get to a champ league final. I hate Chelsea, but I admired Mourinho.

Tevez awesome tonight. Park was great. Scholes was superb. Evra was brilliant. I would absolutely love it if Liverpool get to the Final. It would be a better final imo than if chelsea got there. I detest chelsea with a passion. They have no history (2 bought premierships). Before anyone kicks off, I'll say Utd do not just buy success. Utd bring on young players + have always had a core of Brits. Chelsea buy nearly everyone, even their English players. It would also be a shame if a man bereft of personality (Grant) did what Mourinho couldn't do ie get to a champ league final. I hate Chelsea, but I admired Mourinho.

John Terry?

cant think of many others right enough, but JT is the captain

That argument is laughable now!

Granted, about 10 years ago, Man U brought through a great batch of youngsters, but they spend just as much as all the other big teams now

Just because Man U spend 20 million on an 18 year old, it seems to be forgotten. I think their first choice team probably actually cost more than Chelsea's

Dr Ian Malcolm
Park, Tevez, Brown, Ferdinand, Carrick and Scholes - world class tonight.

Hmm, have to disagree there, his passing was por and he wasn't getting near enough to Deco. Good domestically, but don't think he;s got it at that level, hence Fergie buying Hargreaves, who would have sterted in the middle with Scholes had Vidic been fit with Brown at right back.

Messi was the only player Barca had that looked like making something happen - no one was able to tackle the guy all night. The peice of skill he used to go by Scholes near the by-line was brilliant - frightengly quick feet. Tevez put in a great shift up front and held the ball brilliantly. United looked a lot better playing a 4-5-1 without Rooney on the left. Its got to be 442 in the final though.

What a player Brown has become for Man Utd always used to think he was quite shakey but this season he has been tremendous MOM for me tonight just shading it ahead of Ferdinand and Tevez

I felt very sorry for Messi last night.

He had to carry Barcelona by himself and was absolutely magnificent. I think he is the best player in the world to watch at the moment (though Ronaldo due to his strength and finishing might be the most effective player in the world).

I think that United still run the risk of winning nothing this year - and I think the failure to replace the disgrace that is Louis Saha (who puts Pinilla in the shade for shirking) might cost them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe it was the fact I was watching it through bleary eyes here early in the morning, but every time the attack came towards Brown I was panicking. He probably had a better game than I initially thought.

Maybe it was the fact I was watching it through bleary eyes here early in the morning, but every time the attack came towards Brown I was panicking. He probably had a better game than I initially thought.

Watch the game again if you can he was brilliant never put a foot wrong.

He has had a tremendous season.

Last night he made block after block, tackle after tackle, header after header and never lost the shape in defence.

But will he play in the final? Of course Ferdinand and Vidic will play if both are fit. I guess that if Chelsea get through then Brown will play, but if Liverpool get through will Hargreaves?

I felt very sorry for Messi last night.

He had to carry Barcelona by himself and was absolutely magnificent. I think he is the best player in the world to watch at the moment (though Ronaldo due to his strength and finishing might be the most effective player in the world).

I think that United still run the risk of winning nothing this year - and I think the failure to replace the disgrace that is Louis Saha (who puts Pinilla in the shade for shirking) might cost them.

meant to be lining up a ?10m bid for Santa Cruz,might be a bit late though.I would love to see a Luca Toni type player for Utd but who do you sacrifice ut's getting these type of players in that are willing to spend alot of time in and out of the team that is hard.

meant to be lining up a ?10m bid for Santa Cruz,might be a bit late though.I would love to see a Luca Toni type player for Utd but who do you sacrifice ut's getting these type of players in that are willing to spend alot of time in and out of the team that is hard.

You are right.

Solksjaer for example would have been first choice at almost every other Premiership club.

But he had a fantastic career at Man United. Not many like him though.

Walter Bishop
That argument is laughable now!

Granted, about 10 years ago, Man U brought through a great batch of youngsters, but they spend just as much as all the other big teams now

Just because Man U spend 20 million on an 18 year old, it seems to be forgotten. I think their first choice team probably actually cost more than Chelsea's

Van der sar 2m

Brown - 0

Hargreaves - 18m

Ferdinand - 29m

Evra - 5m

Carrick - 16m

Scholes - 0

Park - 3.5

Ronaldo - 12m

Nani - 11m/Rooney 20m

Tevez - loan.

----------------

Cech - 9m

Ferreria - 14m

Terry - 0

Carvalho - 20m

Cole - 5m

Cole - 10m

Lampard - 10m

essien - 24m

Makelele - 18m

Kalou - 7m

Drogba - 26m

Walter Bishop

Never saw the game, but now Man U are in the final, menas big bucks for me selling my final ticket!

Aye because you have one eh??? ;)

:evilno:

Uh-huh.

That's right.

Park, Tevez, Brown, Ferdinand, Carrick and Scholes - world class tonight.

Agree with that.

Before this season I just thought of Ferdinand as over-rated and over-paid who makes really awful tv programmes.

But this season he has been different class so much so is that he is probably the best cnetre back in the world just now. His reading of the game is just superb.

I was also really impressed with park. So much endeavour. He is the type of player who never lets you down. He goes out works hard and can always come up with a bit of quality.

His cross for Nani in the first half (I think) was one of the best I have seen.

Yes it is right.

I have a ticket for the final.

:confused:

Yeah I know.

That's why I said "that's right".

:rolleyes:

Yes it is right.

I have a ticket for the final.

You're very lucky.

Mind you, you always are.

In everything you do.

Gold.