Ukio Bankas in money laundering probe; offshore accounts temporarily frozen

shaun.lawson

loveofthegame

Romanov a crook.... Next you'll be telling me Abramovich didn't make his money legitimately...

Also, the frozen offshore accounts hold a total of $15,000! :rofl: ukio dealing with the big bucks.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Quick run down on why I should bother worrying about this please chaps?

Shaun's "hmm" and the fact its been posted in the Terrace seem to suggest its worth worrying about from a Heart's point of view but I can't understand why.

Quick run down on why I should bother worrying about this please chaps?

Shaun's "hmm" and the fact its been posted in the Terrace seem to suggest its worth worrying about from a Heart's point of view but I can't understand why.

Shaun found it on another thread, I dont know why he felt he needed to make a huge title describing the situation and then nothing in the actual post. Almost like he wants to be the guy whos thread gets picked up in the media.

Think I'm going to go down the "They dont care about Hearts anymore, why should I care about them" route. Probably a cavalier attitude to have but sod it!!!!

jamboinglasgow

Shaun, are you trying to do Sirgays job, as this was the kind of thing he would do, in fact he did when Ukio Bankas was fined for allow money laudering.

Shaun, are you trying to do Sirgays job, as this was the kind of thing he would do, in fact he did when Ukio Bankas was fined for allow money laudering.

You'll be telling me you're opposed to a free press next, just because it's something we don't want to hear.

It's Hearts related; I posted it. Big deal.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Shaun found it on another thread, I dont know why he felt he needed to make a huge title describing the situation and then nothing in the actual post. Almost like he wants to be the guy whos thread gets picked up in the media.

Plonker.

What a tedious and pointless thing to do. :unsure:

Ooh, I see. I shouldn't have posted it, because the media might pick up on it! :rolleyes:

The media have already picked up on it, Scott. Bloomberg is part of the media. Could be something significant; could be nothing at all. Hence the "hmm".

You'll be telling me you're opposed to a free press next, just because it's something we don't want to hear.

You never do thread titles like that, Shaun.

Most Hearts fans would've entitled the thread "uh oh" or "oh dear".

You've gone for describing half the article in your title, rather weirdly and out of character.

Shame on you.

Ooh, I see. I shouldn't have posted it, because the media might pick up on it! :rolleyes:

The media have already picked up on it, Scott. Bloomberg is part of the media. Could be something significant; could be nothing at all. Hence the "hmm".

See above.

Shame on you. Don't make Banderson's life easy for him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Funny, that's the first thing that popped in to my head after the anticlimax from reading the thread title and subsequent story.

Can the mods change the title to "Ukio Bankas" rather than that pitiful thread title the boy has concocted.

The truth, you mean?

You never do thread titles like that, Shaun.

Yes I do. I have before too.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can someone please pick up on this trend and start posting financial stories about Wonga, Clydesdale Bank, Adidas and Saltire Catering? All Hearts related and they would brighten up the hum-drum Terrace no end... Far too many football stories on it just now for my liking. :mad:

Can someone please pick up on this trend and start posting financial stories about Wonga, Clydesdale Bank, Adidas and Saltire Catering? All Hearts related and they would brighten up the hum-drum Terrace no end... Far too many football stories on it just now for my liking. :mad:

Wonga, Clydesdale Bank, Adidas and Saltire Clothing don't own part of HMFC's debt, Shaun. Nor are they the majority shareholder's bank.

Footballfirst

Romanov a crook.... Next you'll be telling me Abramovich didn't make his money legitimately...

Also, the frozen offshore accounts hold a total of $15,000! :rofl: ukio dealing with the big bucks.

I think you may find that it means that all offshore accounts with a balance of over $15,000 have been frozen.

ToadKiller Dog

A similar thing came up a few years back for Ukios , can't remember what came of it nothing much I think .

Somebody pointed out at the first time that the same thing had happened to esteemed banks like RBS .

Not an expert on the subject but I imagine it won't be as big a story as Wednesdays EEN will make it .

Wonga, Clydesdale Bank, Adidas and Saltire Clothing don't own part of HMFC's debt, Shaun. Nor are they the majority shareholder's bank.

Shaun, totally agree this is relevant and worth discussion. Many of the negative comments on here are ridiculous.

Shaun, totally agree this is relevant and worth discussion. Many of the negative comments on here are ridiculous.

The childish goading and criticism directed at anyone that posts something that may not reflect positively on the club or owner is out of order.

Maybe we should just ban all posts except 5-1 memories and stupid emoticons?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Saltire Catering don't make clothes Shaun... They make pies. :(

ToadKiller Dog

We ain't owned by Ukios bankas , isn't our debt mainly now held by Ubig and some holding company of Vlads ? .

There is of course a relevance with our club which should be open to discussion , but the inevitable knicker twisting will come .

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We ain't owned by Ukios bankas , isn't our debt mainly now held by Ubig and some holding company of Vlads ? .

There is of course a relevance with our club which should be open to discussion , but the inevitable knicker twisting will come .

Yup.

Unless we sign a forward it will be the biggest thread of the day and knicker elastic will be pinging off all over the shop.

It'll be a long day. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

In what regard will it impact HMFC?

Genuine question.

A similar thing came up a few years back for Ukios , can't remember what came of it nothing much I think .

Somebody pointed out at the first time that the same thing had happened to esteemed banks like RBS .

Not an expert on the subject but I imagine it won't be as big a story as Wednesdays EEN will make it .

This

Saltire Catering don't make clothes Shaun... They make pies. :(

If Lady GaGa can have clothes made from meat, then Shaun can have clothes made from pies.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

This is a stupid thread. Google any major bank name and money laundering...

Do we even have anything to do with Ukio Bankas anymore? We're owned by UBIG.

On another note, UB has the best bank website ever - http://www.ukiobank.co.uk.

Thx for the info, Shaun.

Worth putting this up just to pull out the sorta people who'll be with Vlad to the very, very end ...

On a side-note, I only wish it were true that B Anderson would be following this up. As with Rangers, the Scottish press do far too little digging, not too much. The main reason being: all those lovely people who think that any probling of owners is the same thing as attacking the club.

Anyway, keep up the good work :curtain:

Seymour M Hersh

This sort of post smacks of defensive back-peddling snoreson!!

ToadKiller Dog

Thx for the info, Shaun.

Worth putting this up just to pull out the sorta people who'll be with Vlad to the very, very end ...

On a side-note, I only wish it were true that B Anderson would be following this up. As with Rangers, the Scottish press do far too little digging, not too much. The main reason being: all those lovely people who think that any probling of owners is the same thing as attacking the club.

What does a football reporter know about banking ?

The the report is from Bloomberg a far bigger media company than the hacks at the Hibsman .

If Ukios Bankas are up to laundering ( its more than possible done without their notice ).

If there is anything to report rather than another nonsense peice from the EEN then Bloomberg will find it long before Banderson ever could .

Seriously it's a fuss over nothing , bugger all to do with worshiping Vlad .

Here is proof it's nothing that out if the ordinary

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2218239/U-S-money-laundering-probe-derails-sell-RBSs-subsidiary-Citizens.html

If you are just taking the piss out of pie pants Shaun I appologise .

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Thx for the info, Shaun.

So you think local evening paper sports writers should cover bank money laundering allegations in Lithuania? Rich people have all sorts of fingers in all sorts of pies (Google Dermot Desmond for example. Check out his betting company.) I think reporting something that has actually happened and been proven (ie not this story) AND has an effect on the football club is relevant. Everything else is needless scaremongering.

Will this continue with the new owners? Constant searches for news relating to any companies they are involved in? Have no other owners in Scotland ever had companies that have folded or got into trouble? It's pretty pathetic.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If Lady GaGa can have clothes made from meat, then Shaun can have clothes made from pies.

Lady Blah-blah? :D

Guest GhostHunter

<yawn> Lookatmeson

There's nothing to fear from the truth, kudos to the OP for daring to post something that's not universally popular.

Shaun FWIW thanks for posting, I wasn't aware of this but it's certainly something of interest as it may be relevant to our club.

Nucky Thompson

The bit in the story where 'deceased lawyer Sergei Magnitsky uncovered the alleged embezzlement' I wonder if that's why he became deceased :curtain:

loveofthegame

I think you may find that it means that all offshore accounts with a balance of over $15,000 have been frozen.

Ah, that wasn't my interpretation but on reading it again you may well be correct.

I wonder how this will effect paying the players etc. hopefully not at all but it isn't ideal.

Right, so there's no-one able to say what relevance this actually has to HMFC. Y'know, what it actually means?

Cool. Dafties continue to have a pop at Shaun, and clowns continue to scratch their chins and kid on it's some kind of doomsday.

I'll be cutting my toenails meanwhile.

Archived