Underdogs against Inverness

Muppetboy

Jambof3tornado

Agreed. We are underdogs against most of the spl this year and Dundee who we arent underdogs against are our new bogey team!!!

Think we may see that repeated a few times before the seasons end, Dundee still have to be given get another 3 points from us.

You can say its a transitional season, blame the financial position or put it down to youngsters inexperience, truth is that Mcglynn has no tactical awareness, inability to work on set pieces and lacks ability to motivate etc.

That has a far bigger impact on performance and results, I reckon Mcglyn could stay home and the team could have a chat between themselves before the game to work out who is playing where and they would achieve far more than Mcglyn could.

Can I be the first to say

What was the point of that bud? Give me a break

Can i be the first to say.

Troll/WUM/under cover Hobo

Every team in the league except Celtic would /should be underdogs against Inverness this season.

So whats the problem ?

Will the plumber go 451, and hang on for spot kicks.

For once Winston I think you are correct. Don't go making a habit of it now though. ;)

Will be like a home game for us which will give us a major advantage. However they have strikers and we have Mcglynn in charge...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can I be the first to say

What was the point of that bud? Give me a break

He's parodying the abuse he gets for trolling. Wouldn't let it bother you too much chief.

ToadKiller Dog

Clearly the Form Inverness are in puts them favourites by a long way ,not an easy cap the wear though if you ain't used to it .

Have not beat us this season yet ,

He's parodying the abuse he gets for trolling. Wouldn't let it bother you too much chief.

ok mate, ta

maroonlegions

ok mate, ta

just in case though..............

1998_583023565057551_52965746_n.jpg

:verysmug:

Can i be the first to say.

Troll/WUM/under cover Hobo

That is genuinely funny coming from you :lol:

Still think we'll beat Inverness.

What to do, if we take the game to Inverness you play right into their hands as they'll want to counter attack us yet sit back and the crowd get on your back.

I don't think we are underdogs. This game will be like a home fixture for us. We also have quite a good record against Inverness don't we?

I don't think we are underdogs. This game will be like a home fixture for us. We also have quite a good record against Inverness don't we?

Of course we are underdogs

The fact it's at Easter Road will probably play into our hands. We just need to travel across town whereas they've got a 3-4 hour drive. I'd be surprised if they took a lot more than 1,000 fans.

The fact it's at Easter Road will probably play into our hands. We just need to travel across town whereas they've got a 3-4 hour drive. I'd be surprised if they took a lot more than 1,000 fans.

We've already sold over 1000 tickets and have only lost one game away from home this season.

Inverness are unbeaten in ten, scoring 25 goals in those games, they deserve to be classed as favourites.

This actually astounds me because i think they are an average side, what they have is the knack in front of goal and making it count in the last third.

Of course we are underdogs

That must be why Ladbrokes have us as 2nd favourites to win the Cup behind Celtic

And why William Hill have us joint odds with Inverness.......

SmokeyHMFC1994

Why don't we take the h1b5 approach we haven't won the League cup for ages,we are the underdogs,it's written in the stars etc.

:facepalm:

Think we may see that repeated a few times before the seasons end, Dundee still have to be given get another 3 points from us.

You can say its a transitional season, blame the financial position or put it down to youngsters inexperience, truth is that Mcglynn has no tactical awareness, inability to work on set pieces and lacks ability to motivate etc.

That has a far bigger impact on performance and results, I reckon Mcglyn could stay home and the team could have a chat between themselves before the game to work out who is playing where and they would achieve far more than Mcglyn could.

thoosands o' times this

That must be why Ladbrokes have us as 2nd favourites to win the Cup behind Celtic

And why William Hill have us joint odds with Inverness.......

Form wise we are underdogs.

Mckay & Shinnie will take the piss out of us, then get a move to another club in the window leaving inversneckie without their two most influential players thus leaving the LC for smellick to just turn up to collect said cup, thread over.

I'm not expecting Hearts to win.

The Inverness side remind me of Hearts in that really good run under Jefferies second spell.

Can't see how our side with John Mcglynn in charge will get anything from a side managed by Butcher and full of confidence.

Hope I'm wrong.

Caspian Primrose

Mckay & Shinnie will take the piss out of us, then get a move to another club in the window leaving inversneckie without their two most influential players thus leaving the LC for smellick to just turn up to collect said cup, thread over.

to be fair Celtic would just need to turn up against us as well.

The Old Tolbooth

On current form we're very much underdogs, ICT have been playing very well recently and deserve all the credit they're getting, however on the day we'll outnumber them 10:1 and that could make a difference!

fountainbridgehearts

Yeah a vocal hearts support for a national cup semi final with a real good chance of progressing. The 12th man will make all the difference.

We need this jmg. Don't muck it up

south morocco

This actually astounds me because i think they are an average side, what they have is the knack in front of goal and making it count in the last third.

With the greatest respect debut, I wish HMFC done this

We've already sold over 1000 tickets and have only lost one game away from home this season.

Congratulations. Great achievement for such a small club.

Our record in League Cup Semi Finals is horrendous in the past 15 years or so. The last one V St Mirren at Fir Park was a horribly insipid performance. We've beaten Celtic twice in Quarter finals at Parkhead and then not turned up in the Semi. Motherwell 2005 (1-2) and St Johnstone 1999 (0-3) were both good chances to get to a domestic final thrown away. The Barry Ferguson handball game was at least a contest and unless my memory is playing tricks there was one other Semi against Rangers where we lost 1-0, might have been 2004.

Nucky Thompson

Even with teams like ICT in form and playing out of their skins, Hearts should never have anything to fear from them. I think we will turn them over no problem

south morocco

Even with teams like ICT in form and playing out of their skins, Hearts should never have anything to fear from them. I think we will turn them over no problem

love the user name . wish Nucky was really a hearts fan

south morocco

Our record in League Cup Semi Finals is horrendous in the past 15 years or so. The last one V St Mirren at Fir Park was a horribly insipid performance. We've beaten Celtic twice in Quarter finals at Parkhead and then not turned up in the Semi. Motherwell 2005 (1-2) and St Johnstone 1999 (0-3) were both good chances to get to a domestic final thrown away. The Barry Ferguson handball game was at least a contest and unless my memory is playing tricks there was one other Semi against Rangers where we lost 1-0, might have been 2004.

the motherwell one at easter road sticks out , a terry butcher side doing well against a hearts side with off field matters at Easter road Mmmm , same thing .8 years later hopefully we can see them off, will be hard ,they are a good team , but do-able with our support

Doctor FinnBarr

Yeah a vocal hearts support for a national cup semi final with a real good chance of progressing. The 12th man will make all the difference.

We need this jmg. Don't muck it up

Still want to know who you are Fountain, you can even PM me

Don't worry folks, we've got a great recent record in League Cup semi-finals at Easter Road. We're superb at beating smaller clubs managed by Terry Butcher at that stage too.

:cornette:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3-0 Heart of Midlothian :(

south morocco

I'm not expecting Hearts to win.

The Inverness side remind me of Hearts in that really good run under Jefferies second spell.

Can't see how our side with John Mcglynn in charge will get anything from a side managed by Butcher and full of confidence.

Hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately ,I agree with you ,maybe Lockie can have a word and give us a real chance to get to another final and a day oot !!

Congratulations. Great achievement for such a small club.

Straight from the Old Firm fan handbook of patronising tosh. We've achieved nothing special until we win the tournament.

Nucky Thompson

love the user name . wish Nucky was really a hearts fan

What do you mean? Nucky was there in 1935, 8-3 veteran don't you know :whistling:

Straight from the Old Firm fan handbook of patronising tosh. We've achieved nothing special until we win the tournament.

True but accurate , to do as well as ICT have done this on their budget is remarkable not patronising think it was genuinely a compliment

south morocco

What do you mean? Nucky was there in 1935, 8-3 veteran don't you know :whistling:

course he was ,clean forgot :11100: :11100:

south morocco

Don't worry folks, we've got a great recent record in League Cup semi-finals at Easter Road. We're superb at beating smaller clubs managed by Terry Butcher at that stage too.

:cornette:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3-0 Heart of Midlothian :(

Eh ???? why bother

I was just taking the piss, calm down :lol:

But seriously, what Terry Butcher has achieved on such a limited budget is something that Inverness fans should be proud of.

Archived