Upgrade to Windows 8

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

MS have an offer on till 31st Jan to upgrade to windows 8 for ?25 (normally ?199) was just wondering if anybody's done it and would recommend? Im currently running Vista and ive had some issues lately regarding the speed of my computer and this says it will speed up start up times and performance etc. Anybody done it?

MS have an offer on till 31st Jan to upgrade to windows 8 for ?25 (normally ?199) was just wondering if anybody's done it and would recommend? Im currently running Vista and ive had some issues lately regarding the speed of my computer and this says it will speed up start up times and performance etc. Anybody done it?

There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about Windows 8 - not that great apparently. I am just going to upgrade to Windows7 myself and that was based on the replies in the earlier thread.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/123010-windows-8/

If you're on Vista, i'd highly recommende windows 8.

I have 2 computers running win8.

One is a 6 year old laptop that was previously on vista. The start up times are fantastic and it runs smoothly.

I also have my main PC at home on windows 8 and it's working great.

It's pretty much windows 7 with an extra skin.

Staying in Crazyhill we had 3: my 2 mates' and a pc we built on the cheap with second hand parts (all running XP )

jack D and coke
If you're on Vista, i'd highly recommende windows 8.

I have 2 computers running win8.

One is a 6 year old laptop that was previously on vista. The start up times are fantastic and it runs smoothly.

I also have my main PC at home on windows 8 and it's working great.

It's pretty much windows 7 with an extra skin.

This is my thoughts. I know vista was even by their own admission not a great OS so just wanted some feedback before doing it.

Cheers man.

kingantti1874

It's pretty good (unless your a nip who skips past the instructions and gesture controls thinking they will know their way around)

Archived