Webster wanted

kljambo

Andy WEbster on the radar of Ipswich Bolton and Legia Warsaw so it looks like WIlson has been secured before he goes

Gregory House M.D.

That is probably the worst news possible.

Would've been delighted had this been Zaliukas.

The reason- Zaliukas is gone. He's on too much. He won't be here next season. If Zaliukas and Webster leave I'd hope there'd be enough to offer Wilson a decent deal for next season. If not, we're messed for next season already unless McKay comes in and is absolutely brilliant alongside Dylan McGowan. Which I can't see.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

The reason- Zaliukas is gone. He's on too much. He won't be here next season. If Zaliukas and Webster leave I'd hope there'd be enough to offer Wilson a decent deal for next season. If not, we're messed for next season already unless McKay comes in and is absolutely brilliant alongside Dylan McGowan. Which I can't see.

We're not really in a position to choose who to sell. We need to get at least one of them off the wage bill. Would be very surprised if we signed Wilson permanently whatever happens. We're going to be offering St MIrren type wages for the forseeable future and Wilson will want more than that.

Tbh both will be away, just a question of when. Although we might keep one..just to cover my arse in splinters..and it'll likely be "stroller" but who knows?

Zal clearly has highest ? factor at the moment so any fee we can get this windae has to be taken and as he's on ?17k a week and costs us a goal a game won't be missed. :rolleyes:

Folk have mentioned Holland. Does this mean that NAC Breda are interested at last? :)

Gregory House M.D.

We're not really in a position to choose who to sell. We need to get at least one of them off the wage bill. Would be very surprised if we signed Wilson permanently whatever happens. We're going to be offering St MIrren type wages for the forseeable future and Wilson will want more than that.

If we got rid of Webster and Zaliukas I'd hope we'd offer Wilson at least ?4k a week as we could afford it IMO.

What's worrying is that the likes of Kilmarnock seem to be showing a higher income than Hearts in their accounts these days :unsure:

If we got rid of Webster and Zaliukas I'd hope we'd offer Wilson at least ?4k a week as we could afford it IMO.

What's worrying is that the likes of Kilmarnock seem to be showing a higher income than Hearts in their accounts these days :unsure:

Didn't know that was true about Killie. Their hotel must be doing well.

ToadKiller Dog

I had heard Webster was/is happy to stay and does not really want to move .

Not that he might have a choice if the right offer comes in .

kingantti1874

Well not quite, hearts T/O is still 3rd biggest but killies investment in hotel is now paying back so they are 4th

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I imagine when you're getting to his age and you've got a young family its probably not the sort of time you'd be looking to move.

There will be the usual speculation sorrounding Webster and Zal with us bringing in Wilson but I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Allowayjambo1874

Mate at work knows Webster, the kids are in same class at school so wifes have become mates. Bottom line is that they are decent grounded people and they don't want to move away. It would take serious money to get them to up sticks as they are happy and have comfortable life though not at all flashy.

In my opinion and this is total speculation is the deal we offer may all hinge around length rather than wage as to whether acceptable or not.

Sell Zal and give Andy a 3 year deal with an eye on turning him into a coach after... Best solution IMO.

Jambof3tornado

4k a week would get you a lot of defenders.

Lets see how wilson does before giving him a 5 year deal.

If you think that killies hotel making money equates to them having lots to spend your wrong.

Price Waterhouse Coopers, conducting the review for the 23rd time, analysed each club?s staff cost in terms of movement from the previous year and how it measured up to the turnover of the club.

ABERDEEN

Wage bill: ?5.09m

Difference from 2010: Up ?492,000

Turnover: ?7.46m

Wage to turnover ratio: 68%

CELTIC

Wage bill: ?32.66m

Difference from 2010: Down ?3.82m

Turnover: ?52.56m

Wage to turnover ratio: 6%

DUNDEE UNITED

Wage bill: ?3.83m

Difference from 2010: Down ?129,000

Turnover: ?5.21m

Wage to turnover ratio: 74%

HAMILTON

Wage bill: ?1.23m

Difference from 2010: Down ?14,000

Turnover: ?2.96m

Wage to turnover ratio: 42%

HEARTS

Wage bill: ?8.76m

Difference from 2010: Down ?350,000

Turnover: ?7.54m

Wage to turnover ratio: 116%

HIBS

Wage bill: ?4.8m

Difference from 2010: Up ?50,000

Turnover: ?7.03m

Wage to turnover ratio: 69%

INVERNESS

Wage bill: ?2.03m

Difference from 2010: Up ?421,000

Turnover: ?3.54m

Wage to turnover ratio: 57%

KILMARNOCK

Wage bill: ?3.77m

Difference from 2010: Down ?272,000

Turnover: ?7.13m

Wage to turnover ratio: 53%

MOTHERWELL

Wage bill: ?3.53m

Difference from 2010: Up ?175,000

Turnover: ?5.96m

Wage to turnover ratio: 59%

RANGERS

Wage bill: ?28.58m

Difference from 2010: Up ?448,000

Turnover: ?57.18m

Wage to turnover ratio: 50%

ST JOHNSTONE

Wage bill: ?2.72m

Difference from 2010: Up ?193,000

Turnover: ?4.08m

Wage to turnover ratio: 67%

ST MIRREN

Wage bill: ?2.21m

Difference from 2010: Down ?744,000

Turnover: ?3.13m

Wage to turnover ratio: 71%

Killie's hotel does bring in a fair bit of cash but not much profit. These figure are not the most up to date but it give an idea of where the clubs are at.

Whats the chances of Webster doing a Gowser and going to any club willing to give us a good fee for him?

Nah me either.

Pre-contract.

CELTIC

I dont think the % figure is correct...

Price Waterhouse Coopers, conducting the review for the 23rd time, analysed each club?s staff cost in terms of movement from the previous year and how it measured up to the turnover of the club.

ABERDEEN

CELTIC

DUNDEE UNITED

HAMILTON

HEARTS

HIBS

INVERNESS

KILMARNOCK

MOTHERWELL

RANGERS

ST JOHNSTONE

ST MIRREN

Killie's hotel does bring in a fair bit of cash but not much profit. These figure are not the most up to date but it give an idea of where the clubs are at.

Couple of important things to note. Hearts turnover figure is for an 11 month period and secondly, the retail arm was spun off into a seperate business. The spinning off of the retail arm means that Hearts will only show the percentage of profits they get from merchandise in their accounts as opposed to the full turnover of that side of the business. Thus turnover is probably understated by ?1 to ?1.5 million.

Complete and utter tosh. Hearts have double the turnover and treble the crowds of St Mirren. Providing UBIG maintain the current level of interest on the debt, we'll still have at least double the wage bill of the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell.

Couple of important things to note. Hearts turnover figure is for an 11 month period and secondly, the retail arm was spun off into a seperate business. The spinning off of the retail arm means that Hearts will only show the percentage of profits they get from merchandise in their accounts as opposed to the full turnover of that side of the business. Thus turnover is probably understated by ?1 to ?1.5 million.

Those figures are for a 12 month period. It was the following year which was for an 11 month period, where turnover dipped to ?6.9m. The missing month was June. These are 2011 figures, when was retail spun off?

Whats the chances of Webster doing a Gowser and going to any club willing to give us a good fee for him?

Nah me either.

Pre-contract.

Harsh!

Been told that as well.

he's willing to take a wage cut and wants to finish his career with us.

Those figures are for a 12 month period. It was the following year which was for an 11 month period, where turnover dipped to ?6.9m. The missing month was June. These are 2011 figures, when was retail spun off?

Think it may have been 2010. I'm sure hospitality income was also spun off and recently taken back in house, but I may have picked that up wrong. If Hearts turnover is not well in excess of the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren given matchday attendances etc, then something is seriously wrong.

Allowayjambo1874

To be fair it seems nearly every club have got their business model in order now and Scottish football is now living within it's means all be it a lot of those clubs have large debt in the background.

The only caution about these figures is that what is declared may not be what is going on in reality, i.e. looking at rangers would suggest all is well meanwhile at that time they had ebt's going on.

We are just going through the pain now what others went through 3-4 years ago.

Also killies hotel may sound like a great way to generate cash but it nearly bankrupt them and i think they still have huge debt sitting their because of it.

Been told that as well.

Best option of the 3 i would say as maybe a bigger fee for Zal or Db

ABERDEEN

CELTIC

DUNDEE UNITED

HAMILTON

HEARTS

HIBS

INVERNESS

KILMARNOCK

MOTHERWELL

RANGERS

ST JOHNSTONE

ST MIRREN

Interestingly the club with the 2nd best wages to turnover ratio has since been liquidated and it's b@$ t@rd offspring plays in the 4th tier of Scottish football.

tartofmidlothian

Sell Zal and give Andy a 3 year deal with an eye on turning him into a coach after... Best solution IMO.

Would be very happy to see this, given that they won't both be staying.

tartofmidlothian

Been told that as well.

If his family situation is as mentioned above it would be a sensible move for him, rather than chasing an extra few grand next year down south then playing for Motherwell or St Johnstone for buttons the year after.

If this is true about his intentions, hopefully the club are shrewd and far-sighted enough to make it happen.

Allowayjambo1874

Whats all this chat about Killies hotel? I must have missed this the first time round?

they built park hotel next to ground cost them about 7m i think and they include it's turnover into their figures hence they seem to be over performing financially and on par with us income wise.

they built park hotel next to ground cost them about 7m i think and they include it's turnover into their figures hence they seem to be over performing financially and on par with us income wise.

Cool never knew that.

Maybe signing Wilson on loan to the view of signing him permanently is at last the start of good organisation with next season in mind? We live in hope anyway.

I think our disorganisation pre-season over the years has led to a few of our mediocre seasons among the good ones.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Does anybody honestly think that Hearts made the decision to get Wilson in on loan with the thought of losing Webster or Zal ??

No chance, far to sensible.

4k? I'm confident that he'll be able to get a deal much better than that down south or with the gruesome. He is likely on at least treble that right now.

Allowayjambo1874

4k? I'm confident that he'll be able to get a deal much better than that down south or with the gruesome. He is likely on at least treble that right now.

yeah he's up here to get games under his belt and put himself in shop window. People should remember since breaking through at rangers he's only had about 40 first team games and Liverpool bought him for the future.

It's a terrific signing but I'm sorry to say i very much doubt it's anything other than a short term fix for all concerned. Did he not sign a four year contract with them so if he's on even 10k a week then you just need to do the maths.

People would rather keep him....

Andy_Webster_1594406c.jpg

Over him.....?

Marius-Zaliukas_1402634c.jpg

hearts-celebrations-image-7-805735103.jpg

:vrface:

No player at this club loves it more than Captain fantastic.

gingerjambo190512

We need to keep webster n zaliukas n get rid of other high earners like driver taoul stevenson etc we dont concede many goals thank to our central pairing

Allowayjambo1874

The decision on who people want to stay or go isn't being based on personality it's based on balancing ability and finance.

Is zal worth double the wages of webster?

if zal going frees up wages to bring in three players in summer is that worth it?

No one wants either of them to go, no one wanted gowser to go but we live in tough economical times and most people understand that.

The lack of interest in Zaliukas has always puzzled me, no more so than this year where he's been outstanding all the time.

We need to keep webster n zaliukas n get rid of other high earners like driver taoul stevenson etc we dont concede many goals thank to our central pairing

Why would Stevenson leave? We need to get rid of our biggest earners. Zal and driver fall into that category.

winston churchill

The lack of interest in Zaliukas has always puzzled me, no more so than this year where he's been outstanding all the time.

It's never puzzled me.He's a donkey playing in a pub league.Nobody outside of JKB rates him-funny that.

He'll end up playing semi pro,just like Silky/Bouzid/The Kello ect.

Been told that as well.

Thats good to hear. Just with how zal and webster have played together the last few years, it would be a shame to see either go, I think however Zal would take a pay cut, where else can he go without seriously upsetting his life ? MLS or lower league russia (Maybe upper npower league 1) so basicly european football and enjoy a decent career after making good money, to drop down to decent money and enjoy the same career (Figure in my head is 9k down to 4.5k)

It's never puzzled me.He's a donkey playing in a pub league.Nobody outside of JKB rates him-funny that.

He'll end up playing semi pro,just like Silky/Bouzid/The Kello ect.

The national manager of Lithuania seems to rate him also.

He may well be over rated by some on here but he's still a very capable defender.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The national manager of Lithuania seems to rate him also.

He may well be over rated by some on here but he's still a very capable defender.

Don't pay this clown any attention, he's a Hibby (or non-Jambo anyway) who spends his entire existence winding up strangers on the internet.

(I don't mean you Jezza, hope that was clear! :lol:)

Don't pay this clown any attention, he's a Hibby (or non-Jambo anyway) who spends his entire existence winding up strangers on the internet.

(I don't mean you Jezza, hope that was clear! :lol:)

True. Surely he must have some reasoned debate in him though. :-).

Archived