HDTV's

The Merse

Right, I've had an HDTV for a while and it was bugging me that the graphics on my x-box weren't as good as they were on my mates tv's, then I realised today that the HDTV cable wasn't set to HD...

Now, when I switch it to that I lose signal completely but can still hear the game going on.

Am I missing a wire or something? I'm totall confused.

All I have plugged into my TV is the power socket, scart from sky box and scart/hd wire from the X-box...

Am I missing a wire?

jack D and coke
Right, I've had an HDTV for a while and it was bugging me that the graphics on my x-box weren't as good as they were on my mates tv's, then I realised today that the HDTV cable wasn't set to HD...

Now, when I switch it to that I lose signal completely but can still hear the game going on.

Am I missing a wire or something? I'm totall confused.

All I have plugged into my TV is the power socket, scart from sky box and scart/hd wire from the X-box...

Am I missing a wire?

Go to the video settings before you switch the hd button and set the resolution depending on your tv. 1368*768 i think is the 720p setting but you can obviously go to the last one if your tv is 1080p. That might work.

Think you have switched it to tv. I don't think it would have been visible before on normail tv settings.

Go to the video settings before you switch the hd button and set the resolution depending on your tv. 1368*768 i think is the 720p setting but you can obviously go to the last one if your tv is 1080p. That might work.

Tried that too and it just goes to a blank screen.

Arghhh!

Just to cap off my day when *****ing about with the X-box I managed to feck my copy of GTA4! Just been to Game to get it repaired.

Have you been into console settings and changed video mode from Scart to HD/Component?

Have you been into console settings and changed video mode from Scart to HD/Component?

Yup, thats when it loses signal :sad:

Stuart Lyon

I'm sure my son had similar problems. It turned out the cable provided with my son's XBox was not good enough in quality terms so I bought a Panasonic one from Dixons and it worked perfectly.

Turns out I've been a bit of a tube...

When I change the setting to HD the signal was obviously going to a different input, so different channel!

Oops...

Still having problems though, I now have no sound!

Archived