New location for the Haymarket memorial

jambojim52

No-one has noticed that they have cars speeding down the road, with the tram travelling in the opposite direction on the same side.:evilno:

Stuart Lyon

The video doesn't show any of the unsightly overhead cables needed to power the trams so how accurate is the rest of it?

I`m not to keen on the monument being moved to be beside Ryries , especially to be next to the knuckle draggers who frequent this pub prior to being transported through to Bridgeton X every 2 weeks.

You only have to attend each year to see the response, draped from above the Haymarket Bar, which has been going on for quite a few years now , until after the last one when things changed AT LAST !!!!

I may be wrong, but if the memorial is moved to where it is shown in that little clip is not going back to its original site?

Aye, it's still under discussion I believe................although thats not to say that the council havent already decided that's where it's going :mad:

It would be nye impossible to perform the Remembrance Day service at that location though :evilno:

Aye, it's still under discussion I believe................although thats not to say that the council havent already decided that's where it's going :mad:

It would be nye impossible to perform the Remembrance Day service at that location though :evilno:

Why?

I noticed the guy has a phlegm roblem as well.

Also, is it compulsary that everyone who uses the station MUST wear those heelie things? Or be a ghost?

Why?

It looks grand to be honest, catches the eye and would be great for tourists in the main. However, going from my view, there appears to be very little pavement area around it, whereas it currently sits on a sizeable traffic 'island' which is extended further out into one lane of the traffic with barriers

It just doesn't look to me like there is a great deal of scope for having people standing x many deep without spilling onto the Tram tracks or blocking Ryrie's door

It looks grand to be honest, catches the eye and would be great for tourists in the main. However, going from my view, there appears to be very little pavement area around it, whereas it currently sits on a sizeable traffic 'island' which is extended further out into one lane of the traffic with barriers

It just doesn't look to me like there is a great deal of scope for having people standing x many deep without spilling onto the Tram tracks or blocking Ryrie's door

Would that be a problem at 11am on a Sunday morning though? I don;t mean to be faceatious but would it? Ryries would be shut as it is a Sunday and pubs don;t open until 12.30. I also assume that they would stop the traffic as they currently do. If they didn;t stop the traffic then I conceded it would be a problem. I would gladly protest if they somehow didn't respect that.

Would that be a problem at 11am on a Sunday morning though? I don;t mean to be faceatious but would it? Ryries would be shut as it is a Sunday and pubs don;t open until 12.30. I also assume that they would stop the traffic as they currently do. If they didn;t stop the traffic then I conceded it would be a problem. I would gladly protest if they somehow didn't respect that.

From the quotes that TIE are giving out, they do not want the tram stopped for any reason. They have a timetable and want to stick to it. This IMHO is wrong ,If the service is in progress the trams should be stopped.:evilno:

From the quotes that TIE are giving out, they do not want the tram stopped for any reason. They have a timetable and want to stick to it. This IMHO is wrong ,If the service is in progress the trams should be stopped.:evilno:

I think pressure could be brought to bear for one Sunday.

From the looks of it you would have to Shut just Dalry Road and Morrison Street and put up barriers to stop the congregation spilling on to the tram tracks.

This would mean that instead of the congregation surrounding the monument as they do now they would all be to one side of it presumably this would make it easier for whoever is taking the service to face everybody as they addressed them so it's not all bad.

dodethejambo

The glass roof looks ****in' awful from the outside, can you imagine that in a windy day, wouldn't want to be standing underneath that.

No taxi rank or pick-up points

Archived