Vladimir - Scottish football's 14th most influential person?

redm

The Herald have been running a top 30 who's who of Scottish football over the last few days and Vlad is in today at number 14.

Hadn't seen it mentioned so here you go...

30-21 http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/the-30-most-influential-figures-in-scottish-football-part-i.19910956

20-11 http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/the-30-most-influential-figures-in-scottish-football-part-ii.19920120

Presume the top 10 will be published tomorrow.

A few quite dubious placements in this top 30 so far if you ask me....

Interesting list. Darren and Steven Fletcher aside, the rest looks quite fair and balanced.

Is the boy John Park at Celtic the guy that used to be at Hibs?

Interesting list. Darren and Steven Fletcher aside, the rest looks quite fair and balanced.

Is the boy John Park at Celtic the guy that used to be at Hibs?

You were surprised at Darren Fletcher?

I wouldn't have thought to add him had I been making the list but once I thought about it I totally agreed with his inclusion.

You were surprised at Darren Fletcher?

I wouldn't have thought to add him had I been making the list but once I thought about it I totally agreed with his inclusion.

Influential on the park at club level, yes. Yet to perform at the same level for Scotland.

Is he influential in Scottish football in general? Really?

There are plenty Scots out there who have played and managed at the highest level who could be classed as influential too.

Personally found the 2 Fletchers inclusion strange.

All about opinions I suppose.

Influential on the park at club level, yes. Yet to perform at the same level for Scotland.

There are plenty Scots out there who have played and managed at the highest level who could be classed as influential too.

He has been influential by turning up for 'no mark' internationals, and encouraging others to do so.who wouldn't normally have bothered.

So Celtic steal Hib's head of youth development as he has done a great job bringing through you players and seeing them sold on for millions (mainly to Celtic and Rangers) and what do they use him for? Signing cheap foreigners to try to sell the for a profit. Laughable really.

Big difference playing beside Man Utd team-mates and Scottish tem-mates

He's our best player

Who'll be in the top ten in tomorrows paper? My guess....

Peter Lawell

Charles Green

Neil Lennon

Neil Doncaster

Henry McLeish

Stewart Reagan

David Longmuir

Gordon Strachan (depending on when the list was compiled)

Rudi Skacel (wishful thinking?)

fountainbridgehearts

interesting not to see john Murray not included yet! if he doesnt make the top 5 i'd be shocked. the same with the uefa pro licence in scotland

interesting not to see john Murray not included yet! if he doesnt make the top 5 i'd be shocked. the same with the uefa pro licence in scotland

I'm not surprised at all - most Academy Directors/Youth Coaches are ignored by the MSM and football supporters outside their own club far too often.

When the Herald writes about "influential" - it's going to be a mix between common sense names and how Old Firm fans perceive the game.

If he's listed in the top ten tomorrow then I'll be overjoyed to admit i was completely wrong. :cheesy:

He's our best player

Read what I said, did I criticise him? Nope.

Obviously the whole list hasn't been published yet, but if he is considered more influential to the Scottish game than the likes of Dalgliesh, Souness, Roxburgh etc etc then we clearly aren't seeking advice and discussion with people who have succeeded at the very top of the game.

He's our best player

Didn't say he isn't, although I would argue Mcgregor is our most important player. :thumbsup:

He has been influential by turning up for 'no mark' internationals, and encouraging others to do so.who wouldn't normally have bothered.

Good point, but they are still 'no mark' internationals and serve little purpose in the grand scheme of things.

So Celtic steal Hib's head of youth development as he has done a great job bringing through you players and seeing them sold on for millions (mainly to Celtic and Rangers) and what do they use him for? Signing cheap foreigners to try to sell the for a profit. Laughable really.

Excellent point. If he is such a talented guy why not use to develop some home grown talent. They have a few decent young players, but a club like Celtic have the resources to lead the way on this front. They don't.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Ally McCoist at no. 12 of influential people in Scottish football - the manager of a 3rd division club ahead of the SFA's performance director. They just can't accept what's happened to Rangers can they? Or do they really not understand the meaning of the word "influential"?

this deserves thread of its own but as not allowed to start one post here and hope gets picked up

Romanoff Rumbled (allegedly)

Lithuania Probes Ukio Bankas in Magnitsky Request, BNS Reports

By Ott Ummelas - Jan 22, 2013 2:17 PM GMT

•  

Lithuanian prosecutors are investigating claims that $13 million allegedly stemming from a Russian tax fraud may have been laundered through Ukio Bankas (UKB1L), the Baltic News Service reported, citing prosecutor Donatas Puzinas.

The probe was initiated in response to a request by investment fund Hermitage Capital Management, where deceased lawyer Sergei Magnitsky uncovered the alleged embezzlement, the newswire said. Prosecutors have temporarily frozen offshore accounts at Ukio containing 40,000 litas ($15,430), with only incoming payments allowed, it said.

Shares in bank already at low ebb - watch them tumble if can be proved

Archived