Unfinished dreams

Craigieboy

A horrible thing.

Just at the end of a very good one last night and then the alarm goes off. Tried to get back to sleep to finish it. :facepalm:

:seething:

Was getting right good as well.

:look:

:muggy:

Stuart McNeill

When you dream it means your going to wake up.

Can you remember it?

Usually I can when I wake up and 2 hours later totally forget!

I find setting the alarm for 6/7, then going back to sleep for a few hours usually brings on a vivid dream. And by vivid, I really mean sordid.

:ruiner:

I find setting the alarm for 6/7, then going back to sleep for a few hours usually brings on a vivid dream. And by vivid, I really mean sordid.

:ruiner:

gregorys+girl+red+template.jpg

84070-john-gordon-sinclair-200.jpg

A horrible thing.

Just at the end of a very good one last night and then the alarm goes off. Tried to get back to sleep to finish it. :facepalm:

A horrible thing.

Wifes best friend or sister??

I P Knightley

gregorys+girl+red+template.jpg

:biglaugh:

That one's saved for future use.

Re the ending of dreams. My couple of years of psychology at Uni included the study of sleep cycles and dreams and, although pretty useless (and I went on to a degree in a proper subject), I recall being told that we all have 'dreams' regularly throughout our sleep at a point where we are closest to being awake - far from the deep sleep. It follows that at one of these points, we are most likely to wake up and our brain is still active with the thought process of the 'dream' and, also, that we have numerous 'dreams' about which our conscious self knows nothing. (They're probably the really, really filthy ones).

The mathematician in me then says that it is almost impossible to time the waking up to coincide with the end of the dream and, therefore, that when you wake up, your mind will still be concocting the story.

Therefore, you have to rely on your own consciousness and imagination and take matters in hand.

Archived