Well said Stevo

HeartsForever

HeartsForever

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4727564/Man-up-Hibees.html

RYAN STEVENSON last night told his Hibs rivals to quit bleating.

Stevenson clattered James McPake in the 0-0 draw at Tynecastle but he escaped punishment.

The challenge had been branded ?disgusting? by Hibs stopper Ryan McGivern and irate gaffer Pat Felon called it a shocker.

But Stevenson hit back: ?It?s a man?s game. Back in the day that would have been a GREAT tackle.

?I went for a ball I thought was there to be won. I went in trying to win it.?

Stevenson accepts the TV pictures are damning and he could yet face SFA action despite referee Willie Collum waving play on. SFA compliance office Vincent Lunny will review the incident next week.

Stevenson added: ?People will obviously have their opinion on it, but it is getting to the stage now where we are not allowed to make a challenge.

?Don?t get me wrong, when you look at it in slow motion it might look a bit bad.

?I would not pull out of a tackle like that in any game, let alone a derby. The Hearts fans won?t be happy if I just let him take the ball.

?Emotions are high in matches like that.

?I went in whole-heartedly and to be fair, so did McPake.

?It is not as though he pulled out of it either.? McGivern pointed to TV pictures which show Stevenson looking at McPake seconds before lunging in on him.

SFA official Lunny could opt for a retrospective ban if he deems the tackle to be reckless. Celtic star Kelvin Wilson was this week hit with a two-game ban after being found guilty of elbowing Dundee?s John Baird.

Stevenson added: ?As soon as I knocked the ball down the line, I had a look to see how much time and space I had. I saw McPake coming over and knew he was going to go for it.

?I went for it, he went for it.

?Some people are making a mountain out of a molehill. A tackle is a tackle.

?I know when you slow it down it shows I have left the ground and people could argue that makes it a red card.

?But he went for it as much as me and in my book it was two men going in for a tackle.

?McPake did not seem to have much of a problem with it, although a couple of their other boys did have a go at me.

?You have to expect that as emotions are running high, and people get caught up in the heat of the moment.

?But I?m not going to let what anyone says bother me.?

Alwaysinourshadows

He's spot on with everything he said there. Hibs players and wee pat need to man the **** up!

You know, between the fantastic challenge and his bang on the cash comments here, I think I'm just about ready to forgive Mr Stevenson for his past transgressions :lol:

rossthejambo

You know, between the fantastic challenge and his bang on the cash comments here, I think I'm just about ready to forgive Mr Stevenson for his past transgressions :lol:

As soon as he put that tackle in and stood up to that prick Deegan I said the same thing to my mate :lol:

Needs to start playing better mind but I've regained a lot of respect for him after that challenge and the aftermath.

The People's Chimp

Boom. This one is even better. STEVO TELLS HIBS 'STOP BUMPING YOUR GUMS'

?Nothing was said from the Hearts side. The build-up was all Hibs bumping their gums with comments about how the tide had turned.

?Well, I think it was evident at Tynecastle on Thursday night that?s not the case. It was something we spoke about before the game.

?The boy Eoin Doyle was in the paper saying he missed a couple of chances against Celtic ? but he wouldn?t be missing any against Hearts.

Bang on the cash.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Left Murray in a heap last year, let McPake know what was what on Thursday. Plus two goals against them.

Stevo has those welts sussed.

If Stevo gets done for this they are as well pulling the shutters down on football as it is finished as a physical sport. This retrospective punishment nonsense is supposed to be fir elbows, spitting, off the ball incidents etc not for tackles which ultimately are subjective. Mcjake was also going for the ball, on this occasion he won it but who knows what his intention was. Like Stevo said its a derby and we would have givem him pelters if he had pulled out.

Jambomullins

Mcpake is an awful defender who thinks that he is world class. He also likes to play the hard man but realised quickly that Ryan took him down a few pegs hence his whinging that it was an unfair challenge. Funny how he doesn't talk about his other 'tackle' on Scott Robinson which he somehow got away with but should have resulted in a Hearts penalty.

Like the rest of his pathetic wee club, he realises that had we had more composure we would have have done them good and proper again.

I know people have maroon goggles on and I agree with the sentiment that people should 'man up'

But under current refs guidance/rules that will be a retrospective red card and ban every day of the week.

He's off the ground, 2 footed, studs showing and he connects with McJake's shin. It's technically a red.

If Stevo gets a ban after Gollum deemed it a 50/50 then shouldn't Gollum also be in the dock? He's the ref and its his decision, should be left at that unless its an incident that he hasn't seen

This compliance officer and retrospective decision making is a load of nonsense.

What about goals incorrectly chalked off for being "offside"? If the officials make the wrong decision during the game, it stands. If the officials have full view of challenges - as Collum did and his official - and don't even give a foul, i can't see any justification for retrospective punishment unless it's for off the ball incidents or incidents which the officials have not witnessed.

part_time_jambo

Very shallow. And you're not alone on this thread,

rossthejambo

I know people have maroon goggles on and I agree with the sentiment that people should 'man up'

But under current refs guidance/rules that will be a retrospective red card and ban every day of the week.

He's off the ground, 2 footed, studs showing and he connects with McJake's shin. It's technically a red.

Maybe you need to put those goggles back on.because clearly they help you see properly, it wasn't a 2 footed tackle and he barely leaves the ground.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have been a red because I've said in the original thread that it should have been, but not for the reasons you've gave.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

If Stevenson's should be a retrospective red card, presumably this will be a retrospective arrest for assault..?

post-525-13574734084968_thumb.jpg

Stevenson accepts the TV pictures are damning...

?Don?t get me wrong, when you look at it in slow motion it might look a bit bad.

Damning is the same as 'a bit bad', huh? Cracking reportage.

The Old Tolbooth

I didn't hear Barr whining like a bitch when he was half murdered at Perth and their player wasn't even spoken to, it was a shocker of a challenge, much worse than Stevo's.

McPake really is a horrible, snidey, whining little bitch, man up ffs you gimp!

maroonlegions

Stevo hits the nail on the head with this .

But Stevenson hit back: ?It?s a man?s game(what was, that song again, oh aye,"oh the hibees are gay",. :verysmug: Back in the day that would have been a GREAT tackle.

?I went for a ball I thought was there to be won. I went in trying to win it.?

So Mcfake ................. :symf:

The problem with these retrospective Lunny bans is that they are only being used for some incidents - surely it's only fair if he watches every single challenge and makes a judgement on them all?

In fact why not get rid of the refs entirely and we can ref the games with a robot afterwards. So we all go to the game on a Saturday and wait til Sportscene on the Monday to find out the actual result after Lunny-bot has processed all the studs and elbows.

Just like their scummy wee horrible fans the players are whinging pussys. The more i read from ****** like fenloan, mcpikey and deegan the more i wish Stevo had snapped that vermins legs in two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's spot on with everything he said there. Hibs players and wee pat need to man the **** up!

Agreed. I thought it was a bad tackle at the time, but it happens all the time without anybody whinging on about it. And how they kept 11 on the park is beyond me. They were like this when Gowser stood up into Sproule's midrift, bunch of *******

Clancy's tackle on Kevin.

gingers wipeout of Jaimie.

McPikey's assault on Pum.......................are they whinge-ing?

STFU wee team, you're becoming more pathetic than I thought possible.(and do you remember Murray's "challenge" on Blackie? What was said/done about that?) W@nkers!

FTH

I stumbled on this video. Might be something about hibs that just tempts hearty challenges? Tackle has some similarities though the hibs player was closer to the ball.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nViAiKWeI

If Stevo gets done for this they are as well pulling the shutters down on football as it is finished as a physical sport. This retrospective punishment nonsense is supposed to be fir elbows, spitting, off the ball incidents etc not for tackles which ultimately are subjective. Mcjake was also going for the ball, on this occasion he won it but who knows what his intention was. Like Stevo said its a derby and we would have givem him pelters if he had pulled out.

Exactly this. They would never retrospectively look at a goal that wasn't given. That's part of football. Tackles are part of football and the same goes here. Like you've pointed out, retrospective punishment is for those things that aren't part of football e.g. Spitting, elbows etc

Mcpake is an awful defender who thinks that he is world class. He also likes to play the hard man but realised quickly that Ryan took him down a few pegs hence his whinging that it was an unfair challenge. Funny how he doesn't talk about his other 'tackle' on Scott Robinson which he somehow got away with but should have resulted in a Hearts penalty.

Like the rest of his pathetic wee club, he realises that had we had more composure we would have have done them good and proper again.

Doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere that both McPakes feet left the ground at his challenge on Robinson. No studs, but Robinson was lucky not to have the full weight of McPake on the middle of his leg.

Did Robinson make a meal of McPake's "off-the-ground, two-footed, out-of-control" tackle?

NO.

I don't mind hard men in football. Proper hard-men who will TAKE it as well as GIVE it.

McPake is a sneaky coward.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

The best thing is that ginger hillbilly Doyle ranting on about not missing any chances against us and then skying their best chance of the game over the bar.

If Stevenson's should be a retrospective red card, presumably this will be a retrospective arrest for assault..?

post-525-13574734084968_thumb.jpg

If so then should we also consider retrospective reds for McJakey and Doyle for the assaults on Robinson and Jamie Mac?

Vince the tackle inspector ? has a certain ring to it

Nothing will happen, i mean if he does anything for that he has to for mcjakes tackle on robinson and its a derby, shit happens move on

Stevo must have a shirt memory as this time last year he was getting pussy whipped into leaving for Ipswich and moaned like feck in the papers about not being paid.

I wish it was any other player that done Mcjake and then told him to man up not that wee sweetie wife.

Vince the tackle inspector ? has a certain ring to it

Nothing will happen, i mean if he does anything for that he has to for mcjakes tackle on robinson and its a derby, shit happens move on

Stevo will get a ban. Mcjake should also because he was the last man but probably won't.

Archived