Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Sad news as it's announced that Winham Rotunda has passed away age 36. 

Just seeing this on twitter! What a shocker. He was one of the most creative people in the business. Him and Brodie Lee in such a short space of time is heartbreaking for the wrestling community 

Gotten back into the WWE over the last few years as me and the sprog enjoy watching it together. Bray Wyatt always stood out as one of the last remaining characters that reminded you of when you were a kid and had Undertaker, Kane, Mankind etc had been looking forward to his return. Smackdown tribute was pretty heartbreaking. They really need to be encouraging people with that creativity over the standard Chad Hogan D1 Wrestler with zero personality.

Rip Bray 

• 4 months later...
Americana

Was buzzing to watch The Royal Rumble with the little at the weekend. Pretty dissapointing.

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Was buzzing to watch The Royal Rumble with the little at the weekend. Pretty dissapointing.

Was a very poor event. The women stole the show but there wasn't much of a show to steal. 

Americana
28 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Was a very poor event. The women stole the show but there wasn't much of a show to steal. 

Zelena Vega is on another planet though.

Just now, Americana said:

Zelena Vega is on another planet though.

It was the Naomi entrance right off the bat that hooked me in. 

Then they throw the TNA champ into it. Cargill makes her debut and just looks like an absolute megastar. Liv Morgan makes her return. Bailey wins it which everyone agrees is deserved but also has enough shock value to it because it wasn't someone who you'd expect. 

The men's rumble? Surprises......none......Legends......none....Highlights.....Bron Brekker finally getting an overdue call up from NXT......finish.....predictable. Did nothing for me.

Americana
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Then they throw the TNA champ into it. Cargill makes her debut and just looks like an absolute megastar. Liv Morgan makes her return. Bailey wins it which everyone agrees is deserved but also has enough shock value to it because it wasn't someone who you'd expect. 

The men's rumble? Surprises......none......Legends......none....Highlights.....Bron Brekker finally getting an overdue call up from NXT......finish.....predictable. Did nothing for me.

Youre always expecting a suprise return or a legend doing a one off . CM Punk has been brutal since his return as well. It did throw out my prediction of him winning, challenging Rollins and The Rock meeting Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and ffs give Randy a belt.

RustyRightPeg
58 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Bron allegedly did Lesnar's role. He was pulled given all the Vinny Mac nonsense that came out during the week. 

Womans was better than the mens. It's the rumble, it should have shocks & surprises. It's the one thing HHH doesn't really do that I wish he did (specifically in the mens).

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bron allegedly did Lesnar's role. He was pulled given all the Vinny Mac nonsense that came out during the week. 

Womans was better than the mens. It's the rumble, it should have shocks & surprises. It's the one thing HHH doesn't really do that I wish he did (specifically in the mens).

See I heard that it was actually Pat MacAfee taking Lesnars spot as just a throw away spot. 

Either way yes Lesnar was pulled. The details behind that one are absolutely horrific. The stuff I read in those documents are stomach turning.

2 hours ago, Americana said:

Youre always expecting a suprise return or a legend doing a one off . CM Punk has been brutal since his return as well. It did throw out my prediction of him winning, challenging Rollins and The Rock meeting Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and ffs give Randy a belt.

The CM Punk and McIntyre promo was excellent.

The CM Punk and Cody promo last week was excellent. 

That sold the royal rumble match really well. Unfortunately the build was better than the pay off. 

I don't want to watch a Punk match though. I don't care. He can work. He is very good. I just don't get anything from it. 

Americana
On 29/01/2024 at 15:11, Bauld said:

The CM Punk and McIntyre promo was excellent.

The CM Punk and Cody promo last week was excellent. 

That sold the royal rumble match really well. Unfortunately the build was better than the pay off. 

I don't want to watch a Punk match though. I don't care. He can work. He is very good. I just don't get anything from it. 

I can honestly zone out when he has a microphone. Think he has lost the crowd as well. The reaction he got at War Games to what he gets now has faded a fair bit.

10 minutes ago, Americana said:

I can honestly zone out when he has a microphone. Think he has lost the crowd as well. The reaction he got at War Games to what he gets now has faded a fair bit.

His current gimmick doesn't allow him to be the person the crowd want him to be. He's not got the company trying to **** him to use as a platform.

90% of the current product as total crap but I will say that given the material to work with MJF and Samoa Joe over in AEW are probably the top level workers on the mic right now. 

With credit to LA Knight and Orton in WWE who are also very good.

Edited by Bauld

Americana
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

His current gimmick doesn't allow him to be the person the crowd want him to be. He's not got the company trying to **** him to use as a platform.

90% of the current product as total crap but I will say that given the material to work with MJF and Samoa Joe over in AEW are probably the top level workers on the mic right now. 

Push Chad Gable, his matches are entertaining .

Id watch three hours of Zelena Vega tbh.

7 minutes ago, Americana said:

Push Chad Gable, his matches are entertaining .

Id watch three hours of Zelena Vega tbh.

Liv Morgan for me. 

Alexa Bliss the other.

Stacey Keibler back in the day.

Americana
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Stacey Keibler back in the day.

Offft. Prime Trish Stratus , Vinnie was definetley hitting that.

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Torrie Wilson beat them all lads 😛

I've got Jerry The King Lawler screaming in my head now.

17 minutes ago, Jeff said:

CM Punk out with another tricep injury. Guy has no luck these days

He never looks like he's built to be a wrestler who can go to the age of 50 plus. He's talented because he's worked at his technical stuff but physically he never looks like someone with longevity. 

52 minutes ago, Americana said:

Offft. Prime Trish Stratus , Vinnie was definetley hitting that.

Trish stratus. Theirs a childhood memory I’ll no forget.  Definitely my pick. 

Americana

Wonder how the current womens roster would feel doing a bra and panties match for the womens title.

• 2 weeks later...
RustyRightPeg

Absolute cinema that press conference last night. Totally shaken up what we all thought was the main event....

Mysterion
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Thought it was excellent. Heel Rock is intriguing.

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Absolute cinema that press conference last night. Totally shaken up what we all thought was the main event....

Would have been good if YouTube didn't put adds on every 2mins and wrecked it. 

I'll be more critical - yes it had some great moments, it could have easily had a moment where Cody had the family tree taken down and instead a pic of himself with The Dream and The Natural with the easy quip of "This tree is smaller, but its loved by more."

Heel Rock is Corporate Rock from 20yrs back which fits given his recent ascension to the board. The only problem he has just now is that he has had no involvement & no reason for fans to feel something about his involvement in a match. He's not got anything to lose and anything gained feels like it's being taken from other people who have been working. 

Main event for WM40 just seems like it's knee jerk reactions even if it has been planned. If Rock has any impact on the outcome it feels a bit meh for me. 

It was absolutely tremendous slightly ruined by Cody saying on Smackdown that he will take the title from Roman but not at Wrestlemania. It makes it look like a reverse rather than a work. 

If this was the plan all along then they've played it ****ing brilliant but that one moment took a bit of the shine off it. 

Can't complain too much though. It's been one of the all time stories.

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

It was absolutely tremendous slightly ruined by Cody saying on Smackdown that he will take the title from Roman but not at Wrestlemania. It makes it look like a reverse rather than a work. 

If this was the plan all along then they've played it ****ing brilliant but that one moment took a bit of the shine off it. 

Can't complain too much though. It's been one of the all time stories.

They'll probably cut that out the promo for the match.

Bit like they did when they reuploaded the video of the Rock & Reigns face off, removing the part of the video showing Cody leaving the ring looking demoralized. 

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They'll probably cut that out the promo for the match.

Bit like they did when they reuploaded the video of the Rock & Reigns face off, removing the part of the video showing Cody leaving the ring looking demoralized. 

I just hope they don't do a tag match on night one with Rock and Roman vs Seth and Cody followed by the title matches on night two. That would be horrible. 

Seth is injured and I'd like to see him drop the belt to Drew before then, perhaps at elimination chamber. Drew carries the belt to Mania for a match against Sami Zayn which already has an excellent back story to call on. Zayn wins to get his revenge on Drew and also gets the reward he deserves for his earlier work in the bloodline story.

As for the big main event itself I'd like to see The Rock go in as a heel with the bloodline. Somewhere in the match it breaks down. The Rock turns on Roman, Seth gets the win. That sets up Roman and The Rock for the head of the table match at next years mania. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
RustyRightPeg

What a bloody Mania weekend. Incredible show.

Very much in the HHH era of creative and booking. They pushed the **** out of that this weekend.

No spoilers from me but a 10/10 weekend. Amazing.

boag1874
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What a bloody Mania weekend. Incredible show.

Very much in the HHH era of creative and booking. They pushed the **** out of that this weekend.

No spoilers from me but a 10/10 weekend. Amazing.

Agreed, absolutely fantastic and really feels like it’s worth getting excited about again without you know who there to spoil the party

Seaside Dave
8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Excellent stuff. Raw tonight will be unreal too.

Always the best raw of the year after mania. 

Unreal ending to mania. Apparently it wasn't meant to be taker but they drafted him in late notice. I wonder if it was meant to be Austin 

RustyRightPeg
14 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Always the best raw of the year after mania. 

Unreal ending to mania. Apparently it wasn't meant to be taker but they drafted him in late notice. I wonder if it was meant to be Austin 

I don't know if you saw it on Raw a few weeks ago when The Rock was beating Cody up outside...one of the production trucks had Cena and Austin on it. People had photos of the current art work on the trucks and none of them had those two on them so they came to the conclusion it was a bit foreshadowing. 

Seaside Dave
7 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don't know if you saw it on Raw a few weeks ago when The Rock was beating Cody up outside...one of the production trucks had Cena and Austin on it. People had photos of the current art work on the trucks and none of them had those two on them so they came to the conclusion it was a bit foreshadowing. 

Yea I saw it and automatic assumed it would be him. But then imagine it was Austin who done it. It would maybe take away a bit from Cody winning title as everyone he talking about rock vs Austin again. Where as no one even mentioned rock vs undertaker lol