new years derby

Sharpie

My New Year actually started on 31 Dec, when a neighbour invited us over, the lady of the house is also Scots, and her New Year starts at 4.00pm PST. We had a nice visit but I knew my year would start at 1145,PST 3 Jan 2013, and it did.

I watched the game on Sportsnet World.Ca. It wasn't classic 2000's football., but to be honest the hard tackles, the big hoofballs, Towel doing his Jimmy Wardhaugh tanner ba' stuff, and the introduction of some young Hearts talent made it all worthwhile. In some ways for me it was a throwback game, on here people talk about tactics, but somehow the game was deficient of tactics, it was twenty two players running about doing their individual thing. It was about a team struggling in the League and one who think they are good, I was proud of the Hearts efforts, and think they should have won, but what was important to me was Hearts particularly, but both teams, said to Hell with tactics and form and records lets just let it go. I was quite happy with the result it could have been a win, but hey nothing in life is fair.

I finished with the game, sat down and with my wife drank some champagne, some wine, some beer, and revelled in past Hearts glories, but win,lose or draw I am always a winner, because then, now and in the future I will always be a follower of Heart of Midlothian.

My New Year actually started on 31 Dec, when a neighbour invited us over, the lady of the house is also Scots, and her New Year starts at 4.00pm PST. We had a nice visit but I knew my year would start at 1145,PST 3 Jan 2013, and it did.

I watched the game on Sportsnet World.Ca. It wasn't classic 2000's football., but to be honest the hard tackles, the big hoofballs, Towel doing his Jimmy Wardhaugh tanner ba' stuff, and the introduction of some young Hearts talent made it all worthwhile. In some ways for me it was a throwback game, on here people talk about tactics, but somehow the game was deficient of tactics, it was twenty two players running about doing their individual thing. It was about a team struggling in the League and one who think they are good, I was proud of the Hearts efforts, and think they should have won, but what was important to me was Hearts particularly, but both teams, said to Hell with tactics and form and records lets just let it go. I was quite happy with the result it could have been a win, but hey nothing in life is fair.

I finished with the game, sat down and with my wife drank some champagne, some wine, some beer, and revelled in past Hearts glories, but win,lose or draw I am always a winner, because then, now and in the future I will always be a follower of Heart of Midlothian.

Thats nice,now finish your Ovaltine and get to bed you must be shattered :thumbsup:

Well said Bob.

Archived