IPod help

Benzinho

My old computer packed it in and now I have a new one I want to transfer all of my tunes on my IPod on to my new ITunes but it doesn't let you you do that.

Anyone had the same problem and know of any good software I can use or ways to get around it so I can transfer it over? I've had a look and there seems to be a few different programs you can download for free but it's hard to tell which would be the best, i.e. most effective and straightforward.

Any recommendations?

you can use your ipod as a hard drive and transfer your tunes over to your new itunes.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-7899_1-6477981-1.html

don't be put off by it looking complicated as its very very easy.

DON'T let your ipod sync with your new itunes. if its going to sync automatically open itunes before you plug your ipod in, pull down the edit menu and select preferences. if you leave this window open itunes won't "notice" your ipod when you plug it in, therefore it won't sync

Cheers guys. I think the Apple one is to transfer tunes for an ITunes on an old computer on to a new computer via the IPod so no use in this instance as i can't access my old computer. I'll give the other one a shot and see how it goes.

Archived