What situation do you see Hearts in at the beginning of next season?

Jambotastic

Just had a difference of opinion with a hibbee mate of mine about where HMFC will be at the beginning of next season.

He is actually one of the few half decent ones and thinks that we will be in a bit of a status quo, not much different to now.

I think we will be in a slightly worse position than we are now due to Romanov and his whims continuing throughout the next 8 months.

? Reduced quality of squad with youngsters replacing current first teamers (Not neccessarily a negative long term thing I grant you)

? Still skint with no viable way of generating extra income

? Romanov still threatening us with his 'bull' and treating us like a unwanted pet

? No new buyers because i) Romanov wants too much money or won't relinquish Tynie as part of the deal ii) Nobody want to invest in Scottish football iii) No-one can afford it

? Romanov still making Hearts a laughing stock with his outbursts and lies

But long term will this be a step back to go two forwards? Maybe, but I think we won't take those two steps forwards whilst Romanov is in charge.

Only a change in owner will make things better for HMFC before next season..... :disappointed:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think we will be better off.

The clear out will have been completed and we will have a squad that we can afford.

It will be more balanced though.

It's all about making it over the line until then financially.

Oh and the only idiots that try and claim we are a laughing stock are jealous Hibs supporters who cannot handle the fact we humiliated them in front of an audience of millions in a Cup final.

People do not laugh at clubs finances, most folk just don't care about these things... Three Scottish Cups in 14 years and a tremendous derby record makes us look anything but funny.

Hibs on the other hand? Everyone laughs at them, because their record speaks for itself. :rofl:

New owner/board and new manager. Manager will be an ex player: one of Elvis, Hartley or Cameron.

Young but attacking team with a couple of lower league potential thrown in.

I think we will be better off.

The clear out will have been completed and we will have a squad that we can afford.

It will be more balanced though.

It's all about making it over the line until then financially.

Good call SWR, but with Romanov still here I don't see the balance or us making it over the line financially....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good call SWR, but with Romanov still here I don't see the balance or us making it over the line financially....

I do.

Too big and loyal a fan base and too much money tied up in just a small number of big contracts. Once we rebuild the squad it will be built on the second largest budget in the SPL.

I do.

Too big and loyal a fan base and too much money tied up in just a small number of big contracts. Once we rebuild the squad it will be built on the second largest budget in the SPL.

Ok, just before I go back to work I have to disagree with you on this one as our fan base (With expected generated income) and the reduction of overheads when we get rid of the big contracts will not be anywhere enough to level out the books against our current debt.

Debt that is currently being held by a disgruntled, disinterested and unpredictable owner....

That a interesting one what state will we be in next season it can go one or two ways -

1) Vlad still our owner and he sells his own shares to the fans over the next few years ( screwing the nut and having a budget to suit our needs without breaking the bank ).

2) Vlad sells up by the start of next season, all the players on big contracts gone and wages just above the other 10 teams outwith Celtic also us taking more loan players ie. being a feeder club for one of the top four or five EPL teams ( I know wages for those loan players could be the sticking point but we must try ).

So my prediction for the next few years looks a lot better than the present time a lean mean fighting machine making small profits every year selling on our most promising youngsters and to be honest with you know who popping back to the top league third place europe and the odd cup final seems our best bet as it was always in the past.

Grumpy :10900:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ok, just before I go back to work I have to disagree with you on this one as our fan base (With expected generated income) and the reduction of overheads when we get rid of the big contracts will not be anywhere enough to level out the books against our current debt.

Debt that is currently being held by a disgruntled, disinterested and unpredictable owner....

Are you his councillor likes? You seem to know an awful lot about his mood and state of mind. Or (as I suspect) are you just making shit up in order to suit your conjecture?

Good but difficult question to answer with any real belief.

I think we can only look short term for now and just get to the end of the season, still in the SPL and hopefully a new ownership with the club in a more stable position.

Are you his councillor likes? You seem to know an awful lot about his mood and state of mind. Or (as I suspect) are you just making shit up in order to suit your conjecture?

Nope.

1) I'm not his counsellor

2) Don't think i've said that I know 'an awful lot about his mood and state of mind'

3) And certainly am not just making shit up in order to suit your conjecture

So will show restraint in lowering myself to your antagonistic attitude and will reply by saying that at times Vlad has made it blatently obvious what his mood, state of mind and opinion is withot me 'making any shit up' so before you reply take your head out of the sand, remove the Vlad tinted specs and respond to fact rather than making unfounded and aggressive accusations.

Thanks.

New owner/board and new manager. Manager will be an ex player: one of Elvis, Hartley or Cameron.

Young but attacking team with a couple of lower league potential thrown in.

As i noted on another thread, McCall is out of contract. If that is the case come May I would go and get him over them. Builds good young attacking teams and not afraid to use youth. Be a good signing for us.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nope.

1) I'm not his counsellor

2) Don't think i've said that I know 'an awful lot about his mood and state of mind'

3) And certainly am not just making shit up in order to suit your conjecture

So will show restraint in lowering myself to your antagonistic attitude and will reply by saying that at times Vlad has made it blatently obvious what his mood, state of mind and opinion is withot me 'making any shit up' so before you reply take your head out of the sand, remove the Vlad tinted specs and respond to fact rather than making unfounded and aggressive accusations.

Thanks.

Perhaps I went too far, if so then I apologise.

However, in my experience, "laughing stock" is the stock and trade of idiots and Hibs fans. If you are neither then I am sorry that it looked that way to me... Although not all the blame for that can rest on my shoulders.

Just had a difference of opinion with a hibbee mate of mine about where HMFC will be at the beginning of next season.

He is actually one of the few half decent ones and thinks that we will be in a bit of a status quo, not much different to now.

I think we will be in a slightly worse position than we are now due to Romanov and his whims continuing throughout the next 8 months.

? Reduced quality of squad with youngsters replacing current first teamers (Not neccessarily a negative long term thing I grant you)

? Romanov still threatening us with his 'bull' and treating us like a unwanted pet

? No new buyers because i) Romanov wants too much money or won't relinquish Tynie as part of the deal ii) Nobody want to invest in Scottish football iii) No-one can afford it

But long term will this be a step back to go two forwards? Maybe, but I think we won't take those two steps forwards whilst Romanov is in charge.

Only a change in owner will make things better for HMFC before next season..... :disappointed:

i think you`ve summed it up......It`s going to be a long struggle for the FoH to depose VR if they continue to pursue this.

Part of me says VR is struggling to let go. He loves the media attention and what would be left for him in the darkest corner of Lithuania if he gave it all up?

Generic Username

What we need to do at the end of this season (or in January) is get shot of every single player on what you'd class as a "high wage" and then batter folk over the head about buying season tickets/merchandise/shares should the oppertunity present itself again so that we can survive the following season.

I think it'll be more of the same unfortunately.

What we need to do at the end of this season (or in January) is get shot of every single player on what you'd class as a "high wage" and then batter folk over the head about buying season tickets/merchandise/shares should the oppertunity present itself again so that we can survive the following season.

I think it'll be more of the same unfortunately.

It'll be the same until the current owners are gone.

The danger is apathy. If our current situation continues indefinitely then people will probably lose any remaining faith they have and stop buying season tickets/shares/merchandise.

As I've said before, the fans have just bailed the club out the shit. I don't think they'll do it again.

We're relying on other people now, be that FOH or other interested parties.

If the club are planning on spending the 2012/13 season ticket money on this season's wage bill there will have to be another capital raising next summer/autumn.

I'm just glad that it looks like we'll make it to the end of the season now. It's not going to be easy being a Jambo for the next few years (not that it ever is) and thepriority now has to be stabilising the club, meeting payments due to the taxman, bringing young players through and slashing the running costs.

Exciting times that will be a test of the fans loyalty.

A very young team apart from a couple of players, the rest will be the best of the youngsters coming through.

I expect some good football to watch but serious inconsistency due to the age of the team.

A very young team apart from a couple of players, the rest will be the best of the youngsters coming through.

I expect some good football to watch but serious inconsistency due to the age of the team.

I agree, it'll be good to see more of the academy youngsters coming through but the inconsistency will be frustrating at times. Not sure I'd describe the immediate future of the club as "exciting" though: I think nail biting would be more appropriate!

i think you`ve summed it up......It`s going to be a long struggle for the FoH to depose VR if they continue to pursue this.

Part of me says VR is struggling to let go. He loves the media attention and what would be left for him in the darkest corner of Lithuania if he gave it all up?

I've said in the past basically the same thing Debut'.

Obviously the day will come when he'll sell up. But. like you, I think he'd miss the old 'Jam Tarts.' Which do we think he'd prefer, Vladimir Romanov, owner of HMFC'. Or, Mr Romanov, who 'used ' to own HMFC' ?

I've got a feeling it could be a wee while yet before 'Oor Vlad' lets us go. :cool4:

Generic Username

An equally as relevant question to ask would be "what situation do you see Hearts in at the end of the January transfer window?"

If the club are planning on spending the 2012/13 season ticket money on this season's wage bill there will have to be another capital raising next summer/autumn.

I suspect you've nailed the board's 'plan'.

I think Hearts will start next season in the SPL but our financial problems will be far from over.

Diadora Van Basten

If you ever want to know anything about Hearts ask a Hibs fan.

They are obsessed with us and its more important to them than supporting their own no mark team.

Midfield Dynamo

Vastly reduced wage bill.

Five or Six experienced 1st team players kept on the books and the rest made up of younger players coming through the ranks .

Vlad still has the keys to Tynecastle but a buy out of the club.

Or...

Vlad does a deal with Abramovic at Chelsea and we become a feeder club.

Either or.....we will be ok.

Would agree... its pretty much what our lesser neighbours have been putting up with for the last few years.

I always believed that this season we would take one step back to move two steps forward.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

It all depends on finances.

If there are more outstanding tax bills yet to resurface then we'll be at best in a similar position that we are now.

If the wage bill savings after all out of contract players leave is not enough to cover the ?2m per year shortfall (does that include the HMRC installments?), then we'll be in a much worse position as we'll still rely on fan-support, and we'll have a much crapper squad, with no money to strengthen it.

Basically I think things will still be dire next year.

A better question, apart from it being near impossible to answer, is what the situation will be in 5 years time? Ideally we'll still be in the SPL, with a team mostly of academy graduates, and we'll be making minor profits to service the debt.

How we get there could be painful. We may have to settle for several years of mediocrity (even below our current levels) to try and get ourselves rebalanced. The current mess can't be cleared up in a year or two I'm afraid.

Two above posts are bang on. Clearing McGlynn isn't going to help either. Too many folk have gotten used to these good old days but this season and next won't get better. We need to build for the future.

Libertonian_II

Andy Webster, Andy Driver, Darren Barr, Marius Zaliukas, Danny Grainger, Ryan McGowan, Dylan McGowan, Scott Robinson, Arvydas Novikovas, Kevin McHattie, Gordon Smith, Brad McKay, Dale Carrick, Jack Hamilton, Fraser Mullen.

Being realistic, who from the above will still be a Heart of Midlothian player at the beginning of next season? We will still have the same owner and a squad of players which will probably be the weakest that we've had for many a year.

Bleak is about the most optimistic outlook I can come up with

Perhaps I went too far, if so then I apologise.

However, in my experience, "laughing stock" is the stock and trade of idiots and Hibs fans. If you are neither then I am sorry that it looked that way to me... Although not all the blame for that can rest on my shoulders.

It looks that way to me.

Oh wait it's only THE rangers that can get away with that you say? Well bugger. In all honesty I think we'll be in the Europa league, get a tie against Newcastle or Liverpool/ Tottenham again and we'll still have the club asking for money.

With a licence having been granted by UEFA? You sure?

I think we'll be under new ownership.

To me, it depends how we are come the end of January. It's inevitable that our high earners will be touted around and we'll accept any half decent offer for anyone else.

If a transfer embargo remains in place preventing us from replacing departing any players with replacements on lower wages, I still worry slightly about what division we start next season in.

Archived