Time for us to make a move for Rudi.

Tambojambo

I'm not sure where I'm coming from with this, but there have been so many threads about Rudi in recent months, the vast majority pleading for his return to his adopted home, is it not time that there was some concerted effort to campaign for such a return? I know that Vlad is a hard man to get to, persuade, or influence, but it seems to me that the time for simply posting comments is past and we need to do more to let our owner know how we feel about this legend, his aura on our club and what he could bring to our fortunes, now and in the future. We all know that Rudi's greatest wish is to return to Heart of Midlothian, to play a part in our destiny and to take a role in our longer term future. Is there no way the Hearts support could petition Mr Romanov with such an aspiration, not by way of a " Poll ", but by a concerted campaign aimed directly at him? I'm useless at anything like this, but if there was anyone out there who felt willing and able to co-ordinate such a campaign, I would like to think that the support would be overwhelming and that we would be able to " move on " from just the talk we have seen on this Board since that great day in May 2012. Today's episode was simply a manifestation of where this man should be in his current and future career and where he feels he belongs. Let's make it happen.

I'm not sure where I'm coming from with this, but there have been so many threads about Rudi in recent months, the vast majority pleading for his return to his adopted home, is it not time that there was some concerted effort to campaign for such a return? I know that Vlad is a hard man to get to, persuade, or influence, but it seems to me that the time for simply posting comments is past and we need to do more to let our owner know how we feel about this legend, his aura on our club and what he could bring to our fortunes, now and in the future. We all know that Rudi's greatest wish is to return to Heart of Midlothian, to play a part in our destiny and to take a role in our longer term future. Is there no way the Hearts support could petition Mr Romanov with such an aspiration, not by way of a " Poll ", but by a concerted campaign aimed directly at him? I'm useless at anything like this, but if there was anyone out there who felt willing and able to co-ordinate such a campaign, I would like to think that the support would be overwhelming and that we would be able to " move on " from just the talk we have seen on this Board since that great day in May 2012. Today's episode was simply a manifestation of where this man should be in his current and future career and where he feels he belongs. Let's make it happen.

We have a signing ban in place

Any fundraising must go on the running costs of the club and not into a rudi fund. That's why legends like Robbo and Rudi understand the club always comes first.

portobellojambo1

At this moment in time we cannot sign anyone. And if the embargo is lifted I would like to hope, given our present financial position, that before we sign anyone else we first of all release players to make funds available, not simply sign additional players we cannot afford.

Signing embargo... :unsure:

Don't you think I know about the vindictive " signing embargo "! This isn't just about the short term, it's about someone who could do so much to vitalise our club in the longer-term, not just in a playing capacity, but in the broader sense of involvement with the club. I appreciate the problems which may be encountered in such a " campaign ", but continuing to simply " talk " about how valuable Rudi would be to our club will produce nothing and I know that, in the not too distant future, he will be lost to Scottish football altogether. He's not going to be staying with the Arabs and that's a fact. In all the years I've been on this Board, I have never started a topic. I have only done so on this occasion, because I passionately believe in the rewards Rudi could and would bring to our club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Don't you think I know about the vindictive " signing embargo "! This isn't just about the short term, it's about someone who could do so much to vitalise our club in the longer-term, not just in a playing capacity, but in the broader sense of involvement with the club. I appreciate the problems which may be encountered in such a " campaign ", but continuing to simply " talk " about how valuable Rudi would be to our club will produce nothing and I know that, in the not too distant future, he will be lost to Scottish football altogether. He's not going to be staying with the Arabs and that's a fact. In all the years I've been on this Board, I have never started a topic. I have only done so on this occasion, because I passionately believe in the rewards Rudi could and would bring to our club.

I'd like to see him back too. It wasn't the sentiment of what you were saying that I was referring too... It's the fact that it is impossible while we have the ban in place.

I'm confused now... What is the plan you are advocating, as I must be clearly missing the point. :unsure:

I'd like to see him back too. It wasn't the sentiment of what you were saying that I was referring too... It's the fact that it is impossible while we have the ban in place.

I'm confused now... What is the plan you are advocating, as I must be clearly missing the point. :unsure:

I know Shaun and I wasn't meaning to get at you. I don't know what the " plan " would be, all I know is, there is so much desire out there to bring Rudi back into the fold, but at this moment in time, all we do is constantly talk about it. If someone was able to co-ordinate all this intense feeling for Rudi, into some pro-active campaign, maybe, just maybe, we could bring about the desired result. As I said in my original post, sadly, I have no skills in such a process. I accept that I may be simply expressing my frustrations, probably shared by many others!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know Shaun and I wasn't meaning to get at you. I don't know what the " plan " would be, all I know is, there is so much desire out there to bring Rudi back into the fold, but at this moment in time, all we do is constantly talk about it. If someone was able to co-ordinate all this intense feeling for Rudi, into some pro-active campaign, maybe, just maybe, we could bring about the desired result. As I said in my original post, sadly, I have no skills in such a process. I accept that I may be simply expressing my frustrations, probably shared by many others!

I share your frustration Tambo... I would love him back. I suppose it all depends on the legal advice we get about the embargo. Frustrating, isn't it? :(

We are all the same Tambo, but I don't think people have fully grasped that we may have been weeks from extinction. Let's not make any rash financial decisions unless we can definitely afford it.

Don't think he had a great game yesterday, also thought he looked a bit heavier than when he played for us, maybe we've seen the best of him.

We should not be signing anyone while we are unable to pay in full the players we have at the moment.

Sad but true.

Italian Lambretta

As much ad iove the Great man i would rather we stuck by MCHattie, Holt, Walker, Paterson, Novikovas and Smith

Rudolf's Mate

Taking him on in any other capacity as a player would be ludicrous! We don't know what's happening with the embargo simple as that therefore looking for loopholes until its sorted is nonsensical.

Guest GhostHunter

You're at it, aren't you ?

I know it'll not be a popular view, and I know that he was an outstanding player for us both times around, but I think at 33 and with the limited amount of football he has played in the last 6 months, and given that I think his rear end has doubled in size since the cup final, I think I'd pass on him returning. I'd rather we set our sights on a young up and coming player at our or someone else's club. Tin Hat time.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I know it'll not be a popular view, and I know that he was an outstanding player for us both times around, but I think at 33 and with the limited amount of football he has played in the last 6 months, and given that I think his rear end has doubled in size since the cup final, I think I'd pass on him returning. I'd rather we set our sights on a young up and coming player at our or someone else's club. Tin Hat time.

he would instantly be our best player

Guys, signing ban aside, given his anonymity in the game yesterday I dont see a place for rudi again at tynecastle. Maybe once he's qualified as a coach sometime in the future, he could return in that capacity.

Under our new financial regime, the money he'd want will simply not be on the table, not for him at his age, not for anyone.

So lets just remember the good times, his cup final goals, his ability to score against hibs, and mostly his tremendous season in 2005-2006.

Thanks for the memories Rudi....good-bye & good Luck!

Guys, signing ban aside, given his anonymity in the game yesterday I dont see a place for rudi again at tynecastle. Maybe once he's qualified as a coach sometime in the future, he could return in that capacity.

Under our new financial regime, the money he'd want will simply not be on the table, not for him at his age, not for anyone.

So lets just remember the good times, his cup final goals, his ability to score against hibs, and mostly his tremendous season in 2005-2006.

Well that's my Christmas ruined then

Short memory from 7 months ago.

As much ad iove the Great man i would rather we stuck by MCHattie, Holt, Walker, Paterson, Novikovas and Smith

Novikovas aint sticking with us.Signed a pre contract with Pozan

Didn't think that had been confirmed.

I just seen the article on here so maybe not.I still think he will be gone.Its scarey to think that it is not just our experienced players that could leave but so many promising youngsters as well.D McGowan can leave and i am sure Holt and Walker can as well,thats 3 players thst could form our midfield for years and potentially bring in good money.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I just seen the article on here so maybe not.I still think he will be gone.Its scarey to think that it is not just our experienced players that could leave but so many promising youngsters as well.D McGowan can leave and i am sure Holt and Walker can as well,thats 3 players thst could form our midfield for years and potentially bring in good money.

Before I heard about interest from them, I was sure he would be amongst the few most likely to attract interest. Unfortunately the only players anyone will be interested in will be the ones we don't want to lose... Novikovas and the McGowans included in that list. I hate the thought of losing them so early but have resigned myself to the worst happening in order to save the club.

Irony is, everyone was going batshit the last time we tied down our best youngsters on long deals, now they are going mad because they are all out of contract.

It's a shite position we are in.

Any fundraising must go on the running costs of the club and not into a rudi fund. That's why legends like Robbo and Rudi understand the club always comes first.

Robbo knows only too well , back in the day , we couldnt afford him either and he was subsidised by A FAN, never did much harm then, embargo s aside , whats the problem? :smart:

Robbo knows only too well , back in the day , we couldnt afford him either and he was subsidised by A FAN, never did much harm then, embargo s aside , whats the problem? :smart:

Some nonsense chat you are giving it, maggieb.

I must have just imagined all the stuff about financial problems, inability to pay wages, HMRC winding up orders, etc.

We should not be signing anyone while we are unable to pay in full the players we have at the moment.

Sad but true.

:spoton:

she's right though ... robbo was subsidised by a fan ... at least for a while

Could not agree more, lets just drop these threads, he wont be back end off

jack D and coke

she's right though ... robbo was subsidised by a fan ... at least for a while

No he wasn't. A local greengrocer donated ?50,000 to his transfer back from Newcastle. His wages etc were all covered by Hearts.

"nonsense" as you put it , was a fact at the time, monies being paid by a fan to get Robbo back here :pleased:

Sad but true.

A few players leaving should free up the wage bill a wee bit though. Completely agree with you though we shouldn't take on any more players now. But this is Rudi!!!

until the players bonuses and appearance money is paid we wont be signing anyone and the fact that they have not been paid to date gives the impession the sums involved are considerable in which case we dont have the money to pay them set aside in our current budget.

So the embargo stays.

The embargo is only vindictive if there are other clubs with payments outstanding to players that the SPL know about.

And if any club has payments outstanding that they aren't telling the SPL about then they should be in serious trouble.

There's a lot of merit on keeping good servants and legends associated with the club in some way, I would have hoped we could do a bit more to have people like Rudi, Robbo, mr jim about the club in some capacity. It might be to attract sponsors or help out in scouting or coaching. Unfortunately these people have also to make a living and at the moment I don't suppose we're in a very good position to offer money to them

BRAVEHEART1874

Skacel had a poor last game for united wait what a supprise ! oh yes he was playing against the club he really wants to play for with the fans all chanting his name in 51 mins - he may be past his best aye but potential goalwise far better than taoul Sutton Patterson all together some people on here ;)

Archived