hearts reserves 1 v 0 celtic reserves

savage

hearts

ridgers, tall, rapnik, zaliukas, devine, wagner, screpis, mackle, ivaskevicius, wallace, mearns

at half time bruno and husband came on for screpis and wagner

i only got there at half time so can only give you a report on that. i thought hearts played some nice stuff and looked solid enough at the back although killen was winning his ariel battle with rapnik but they were coming to nothing.

ryan wallace was furrowing a lone role up front and i reckoned bobo balde was going to eat him at one point he must have had a 10 stone weight advantage. i thought husband, bruno and mearns ran the midfield and sno really looks a great big dumpling for celtic and cannot see him getting anywhere near the first team again.

very impressed with sean mackle today and from what i saw MOM was either him or Husband.

husband is a real prospect and at 17 is a very big physical lad who also has some lovely touches and can pass a ball. rapnik also is some size for a 17 year old and i reckon physically he could handle the step up and he has some left peg on him.

all in all hearts deserved there win and two or three of them deserve a wee run in the first team over the last three games.

five minutes after i sat down i heard an irritating irish accent and on turning to my right found i had sat four seats from mr lennon whose hair was not quite as gingery as it sometimes looks on telly. he was defo not impressed with what he saw in particular sno who at times looked awful.

Ryan Gosling

CELTIC (4-4-2) M Brown; Perrier-Doumbe, Balde, Cuthbert, O’Dea (Cawley 45); Caddis, Sno, Millar, McGlinchey (O’Carroll 80); Killen, McGowan

Good win against a strong team.

Goose Baxter

Looks like a good result considering some off the players you have mentioned that played for celtic. I do always enjoy going to see the reserves as most off the time the team is full off youngsters and playing against experienced players can only help them progress.

Drylaw Hearts
hearts

ridgers, tall, rapnik, zaliukas, devine, wagner, screpis, mackle, ivaskevicius, wallace, mearns

What was the formation..... 4-6-0 ??

MackaysCentreSpot

A good team performance today but a few stood out.

Zali had a really solid game today and broke forward well......MOTM for me.

Eddie Mearns was superb in midfield again..........had a silly two footed tackle though that could have seen him walk but he was lucky the ref just showed him yellow.

Some of Screpis's passing and touches were exquisite in the first half.

Evander Sno saw yellow for cheating when he took a a blatant dive.

The officials missed two blatant penalty claims for hand balls, one against both sides.

A win was a bit flattering. Probably a draw would have been the right result but who is complaining. Its always nice to take 3 points of the m at anytime.

A entertaining game indeed.

eddie fenwick
hearts

i only got there at half time so can only give you a report on that. i thought hearts played some nice stuff and looked solid enough at the back although killen was winning his ariel battle with rapnik but they were coming to nothing.

ryan wallace was furrowing a lone role up front and i reckoned bobo balde was going to eat him at one point he must have had a 10 stone weight advantage. i thought husband, bruno and mearns ran the midfield and sno really looks a great big dumpling for celtic and cannot see him getting anywhere near the first team again.

very impressed with sean mackle today and from what i saw MOM was either him or Husband.

husband is a real prospect and at 17 is a very big physical lad who also has some lovely touches and can pass a ball. rapnik also is some size for a 17 year old and i reckon physically he could handle the step up and he has some left peg on him.

all in all hearts deserved there win and two or three of them deserve a wee run in the first team over the last three games.

five minutes after i sat down i heard an irritating irish accent and on turning to my right found i had sat four seats from mr lennon whose hair was not quite as gingery as it sometimes looks on telly. he was defo not impressed with what he saw in particular sno who at times looked awful.

good to see you getting paid for watching football;)

Sounds like a few of the lads have upped their game in seeing that the likes of glen, robinson and thomson are being included for these last few games. If these players see some of their buddies gettin selected then it can only motivate them into pushing for a place. Certainly a good result against what seems like a good celtic team. Hopefully a few of these guys will now also get their chance in the next few weeks

Nucky Thompson

That was a very strong Celtic team. Well done the wee JT's:) We are starting to see the fruits of having the Academy.

Winston Ingram

Interesting "unused subs"...

Basso obviously bombed completely and Stewart (I presume that's Michael) not even handed a run-out for reserves. Has he been told he has done enough this season and it's time to give youth a chance, or is he now toiling for that new deal, I wonder?

Ryan Gosling
Interesting "unused subs"...

Basso obviously bombed completely and Stewart (I presume that's Michael) not even handed a run-out for reserves. Has he been told he has done enough this season and it's time to give youth a chance, or is he now toiling for that new deal, I wonder?

It'll be Jonathan Stewart.

Winston Ingram
It'll be Jonathan Stewart.

Thanks mate. Is Mikey injured? Surprising disappearance from action.. without entering another debate about his form, he has always been deemed worthy of a place in the squad, never mind reserve team.

Ryan Gosling
Thanks mate. Is Mikey injured? Surprising disappearance from action.. without entering another debate about his form, he has always been deemed worthy of a place in the squad, never mind reserve team.

No idea. I assume he's injured as he's a favourite of the manager

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'd imagine the young uns are raising their game big time after seeing Gary Glen stepping up to first team action with ease.

Very good stuff.

ScottishSandstorm

How did Ivaskevicius play? Was Mackle better?

I think we will see Zal, Rapnik, Mackle, Husband, and Screpis all involved before the end of the year.

The Wicker Man

According to Hearts World on Saturday Michael Stewart injured his hamstring in the Warm-up against St Mirren.

Malinga the Swinga

Funny how a positive post about a reasonably young reserve team beating a strong Celtic reserve team gets a handful of responses, but a negative slant from George Foulkes and the negative posters go overboard with doom and gloom predictions.

Can't some people just be positive for once nad actually enjoy something, or are they only happy when they moan.

scott herbertson
Funny how a positive post about a reasonably young reserve team beating a strong Celtic reserve team gets a handful of responses, but a negative slant from George Foulkes and the negative posters go overboard with doom and gloom predictions.

Can't some people just be positive for once nad actually enjoy something, or are they only happy when they moan.

I remember going to some of my first games (usually early season League Cup) in the mid 60's with my grandfather.

I was shocked by the angry old men all around me, shouting and swearing. I couldn't understand why they had paid money to stand in the cold for 90 minutes and get angry and distressed.

Don't think much has changed, only they now use keyboards.

Oh well as people try and claim every other week when we get turned over the reserves dont actually matter :>

scott herbertson
Oh well as people try and claim every other week when we get turned over the reserves dont actually matter :>

Hey, I mentioned grumpy old men and up you popped!

;)

Nucky Thompson
It matters when a young side turn over a very strong Celtic side:rolleyes:

WeeToonJambo
hearts

Funny how we all see things differently. I thought Rapnik had Killen in his back pocket for most of the game. For a 17 year old he is really impressive. The funniest thing for me was when Ryan Wallace outmuscled Bobo Balde. It only happened once but it made my day. I thought, after the first 15 minutes which Celtic dominated, we were the better team and, towards the end, could have scored again.

jambos are go!

Saw Husband in a pre season friendly and thought he looked a great prospect but he does not seem to be grabbing much praise from those who go to Reserve matches. Strong and skilful midfielder in the Jim Bett mould. Hope he makes it.

Susie-Jambo-66

They all had a good game today. The best reserve game I have watched this season. Just a shame its the end of the season.

They play again on Thursday at Forthbank so hope they have another good game.

wilson_hmfc

I watched Eddie Mearns against ICT and he was superb, i would much rather have him in the holding role when a few injuries occur than putting the likes of Tall and Zali there again! apparently though he is getting punted because he is a trouble maker, just something i heard today.

Wilson

jamboinglasgow
Saw Husband in a pre season friendly and thought he looked a great prospect but he does not seem to be grabbing much praise from those who go to Reserve matches. Strong and skilful midfielder in the Jim Bett mould. Hope he makes it.

it was interesting to hear Darren Murry reckon in an interview that we wont see him shine until next season as this season has been about settling in and get used to Hearts. Think he will shine next season.

i agree that rapnik had killen in his back pocket but killen won all the high balls in the second half which with his height advantage i expected. i also said that his headers came to nothing as rapnik challenged well not allowing killen to direct his flick ons.

Was just speaking to Mearns uncle, who was at the game. Said he was/is good.

But, his deal is up in the summer and a couple of teams want him. Frail has said he might get a first team start before the end of the season, but as yet there is no contract offer for him.

A few guys on here seem to rate him, so it's a bit strange if he isn't getting a deal.

Hilary Briss
Should be worth a watch on smelly TV, anyone know if it will be shown?

I was just thinking that.......I think its Thursday mate

Was just speaking to Mearns uncle, who was at the game. Said he was/is good.

But, his deal is up in the summer and a couple of teams want him. Frail has said he might get a first team start before the end of the season, but as yet there is no contract offer for him.

A few guys on here seem to rate him, so it's a bit strange if he isn't getting a deal.

I've heard from a couple of sources he's as good as gone but spoke to a couple of the other under-19s players and they said this was wide of the mark. They basically said what you have said in your post. That his contract is up in the summer and he hasn't been offered a new one yet.

MackaysCentreSpot
Should be worth a watch on smelly TV, anyone know if it will be shown?

5.15pm Thursday night seemingly.

I've heard from a couple of sources he's as good as gone but spoke to a couple of the other under-19s players and they said this was wide of the mark. They basically said what you have said in your post. That his contract is up in the summer and he hasn't been offered a new one yet.

Seems unlikely that he would be playing every game if he was getting pumped. Then again...

How did ridgers look?

We paid a decent bit of money for him but the 2 or 3 times ive seen him he's been a bombscare

Did he look any better yesterday?

and husband looks pretty good, he should get a start before the end of the season

Archived