CHRIS ROCK AT THE PLAYHOUSE

Regal Kingston

Regal Kingston

Any other kickbackers going to see Chris Rock? In my opinion he is currently the best in his profession

?40 a ticket is a bit steep but if its anything like his DVD concerts it will be worth every penny.

I can't wait!

Any other kickbackers going to see Chris Rock? In my opinion he is currently the best in his profession

?40 a ticket is a bit steep but if its anything like his DVD concerts it will be worth every penny.

I can't wait!

sold out already

Sorry but I aint into the whole "black comedian slates whites for a couple of hours" thing. Chris Rock is one of the worst offenders of this if you ask me...just gets boring and quite cringeworthy at times.

I can't wait!

Yes I got 2 tickets on Saturday.

Should be good.

"White people, they do this, but black people, we do THIS!"

Side splitting.

Completely agree.

As funny as a fire in an orphanage.

Regal Kingston
"White people, they do this, but black people, we do THIS!"

Side splitting.

Thats not the case at all!

It is a fair bit of his act but he wouldn't be the critically acclaimed comedian he is if thats all he done.

Who do you like Makween?

LENNY HENRY?

A poor man's Eddie Murphy IMO, only 20 years later.

You could apply the same principal continually, for example ......

Eddie Murphy as a poor man's Richard Pryor. :P

Maybe I would have gone if he was funny. But as he is less funny than 3rd world debt I'm glad I missed it.

Shocking humour.

Maybe I would have gone if he was funny. But as he is less funny than 3rd world debt I'm glad I missed it.

Shocking humour.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh someone's easily offended! :eek:

Think Chris Rock is quite good though I end up agreeing with him more than anything else which usually means I'm nodding my head more than I'm laughing. He is funny, just not one of my top ten all time.

I have to disagree strongly with what the Mak says. I think he slates his own race as much as he slates white people, especially considering his most famous work is the Black People vs N*gg*z bit which, having been heavily into black culture as a teenager, I find funny as ****.

chester copperpot
You could apply the same principal continually, for example ......

Eddie Murphy as a poor man's Richard Pryor. :P

He's just not my cup of tea TBH, but as usual like to have my opinion on virtually every topic in the Shed. ;)

Shocking humour ;)

As in his humour is terrible. He's not funny.

Tell me, how does this make me easily offended?

As in his humour is terrible. He's not funny.

Tell me, how does this make me easily offended?

'Shocking humour'; I interpretend it completely different.

You seem to be offended by me assuming you were easily offended ... :)

'Shocking humour'; I interpretend it completely different.

You seem to be offended by me assuming you were easily offended ... :)

Not at all. Just trying to see where you got your impression of me from.

I dont watch him long enough to be offended, he does my head in with his "impressions" and noises he makes.

Thats not the case at all!

It is a fair bit of his act but he wouldn't be the critically acclaimed comedian he is if thats all he done.

Who do you like Makween?

LENNY HENRY?

What's with the capitals? That's really, really scary. So scary that I'm not even going to answer your question. Leave me alone. :sad:

Think Chris Rock is quite good though I end up agreeing with him more than anything else which usually means I'm nodding my head more than I'm laughing. He is funny, just not one of my top ten all time.

I have to disagree strongly with what the Mak says. I think he slates his own race as much as he slates white people, especially considering his most famous work is the Black People vs N*gg*z bit which, having been heavily into black culture as a teenager, I find funny as ****.

I didn't say that he slated whites. That was lewis2006. I said that all that he seems to do is talk about what black people and white people do differently.

Got tickets as a surprise for the burd, had to pay over the face value as well.

She can't go because she has a school trip (she's a teacher before anyone says anything :)).

Not sure what i'll do with the tickets now, can't imagine any of my mates wanting to pay that much to see Chris Rock.

Probably end up sticking them on ebay in order to get my money back.

Gutted. :sad:

Got tickets as a surprise for the burd, had to pay over the face value as well.

She can't go because she has a school trip (she's a teacher before anyone says anything :)).

Not sure what i'll do with the tickets now, can't imagine any of my mates wanting to pay that much to see Chris Rock.

Probably end up sticking them on ebay in order to get my money back.

Gutted. :sad:

when is it mate?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived