Are you looking forward to playing Hamilton next season?

Leebo

Are you looking forward to playing Hamilton next season  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to playing Hamilton next season

• Yes
    • No
    • Not to bothered

As the poll says....

Do you think they may be another team that has been promoted, that Hearts struggle to beat Home and Away?

It's only 20 mins on the train from Glasgow, i'm looking forward to it.

First time i've ever seen Hearts play a league game v Hamilton. I can remember them playing us on Scotsport when i was a kid though.

As the poll says....

Do you think they may be another team that has been promoted, that Hearts struggle to beat Home and Away?

Are you even looking forward to next season?

hearts_crazy

I voted yes simply because I live in East Kilbride so I could virtually walk to Hamilton if I needed to

Yes.

Mother in law comes from Hamilton - me and the wee fella will stay the weekend and I'll have a babysitter while I go out and noise up the Smelltic fans. Her whole family are Celtic mad.

last time they were up we horsed them 7-0 at tynie a repeat of that is unlikely so i will take 4 1-0 victories. i say four because they will be in the bottom six with us

ToadKiller Dog

they played some positive attacking football in winning promotion ,hope they stick to that style.

Say What Again
First time i've ever seen Hearts play a league game v Hamilton. I can remember them playing us on Scotsport when i was a kid though.

They were in the top flight season 88/89. I thought you were older than me cosa!

Was at that 7-0 game as well savage, had a good time at Leith Academy the following week telling all the Hobos that I'd actually seen my team beat someone 7-0 ;)

Quite happy they came up. It's a ground I've never been to.

Didn't fancy many more trips to Dundee. 2 at the max is enough for me, thanks.

They were in the top flight season 88/89. I thought you were older than me cosa!

Was at that 7-0 game as well savage, had a good time at Leith Academy the following week telling all the Hobos that I'd actually seen my team beat someone 7-0 ;)

Nah, you're a few years older than me mate.

I only started going to games regularly about 1994, i would have been 15. The manager when i started going was Sandy Clark, must have been his last few games. I can remember watching the Sunday afternoon highlights of the 7-0 game and being so proud that we'd scored 7. Both my brothers decided to be glory hunters and support the Huns. They had Mark Walters playing some great stuff, usually beating us, but that 7-0 score was pretty amazing at the time.

Buffalo Bill

I would say yes.

Hamilton Accies are as old as Hearts, and unlike Livingston and Gretna, have a bit of 'soul' as a football club.

I last saw them in a 1991 League Cup tie at Douglas Park.

Hearts won 2-1 or 2-0, and for some reason, I remember we wore white socks that night!

Buffalo Bill

Say What Again
Nah, you're a few years older than me mate.

I should clarify that the age part was tongue in cheek. I knew we were of a similar age.

You hadn't given me any reason to think you were old mate :eek:

No.

Its not the fact of hearts struggling but all we need is more Weedgie wannabes coming through here. Plus for away games hamilton is a complete and utter dump. Horrible place.

(granted I don't get to every game anyway, before someone starts waving the finger)

I have voted yes. Simply cos I have never been to New Douglas Park, in fact I have never been to an away match at Hamilton at all so its somewhere new to visit. Inverness is also on my list.

What I am not looking forward to is Hearts playing anybody next season based on what is going on just now, but thats another story!

portobellojambo1

Will be a decent away trip, a good day out.

From the limited bits I have seen of them they look like a good footballing side, with a lot of young players in the side.

Hopefully they will learn from Gretna's mistakes, and not try to run before they can walk, if they take their time they may well establish their position within the SPL.

Will be a decent away trip, a good day out.

From the limited bits I have seen of them they look like a good footballing side, with a lot of young players in the side.

Hopefully they will learn from Gretna's mistakes, and not try to run before they can walk, if they take their time they may well establish their position within the SPL.

Apparently from what I have heard/read in the press, Hamilton have a very good set-up in terms of finances and youth etc and if they manage to bed themselves in in the SPL in the first season then they could be there for a wee while. I hope so because the more teams that come up and make an impression then the better the argument for an extended top flight.

Theres a lot of good good outfits in the First Division.

Ally Alexander
Apparently from what I have heard/read in the press, Hamilton have a very good set-up in terms of finances and youth etc and if they manage to bed themselves in in the SPL in the first season then they could be there for a wee while. I hope so because the more teams that come up and make an impression then the better the argument for an extended top flight.

Theres a lot of good good outfits in the First Division.

The day after they secured the title, a Hamilton fan was on 606 extolling their youth policy stating that it was the best in Scotland after the Old Firm!

Of course, the presenter was unable to challenge this. Arguably the OF has the worst record for promoting youth when you consider their resources and the strength of their under-age teams.

Woul be interesting to see if Hamilton's youth is good enough or the SPL but chances are 3 or 4 of their best players will be snapped up by English clubs and the OF.

Sexton Hardcastle

Got a friend who works with the u14/15s i think it is at Hamilton(used to do the same at Hearts) and he says the lieks of McCarthy/McArthur are being looked at by clubs down south. Chelsea had a scout in the stands the day the won the league and apparently had a bid of a millions or 2 kb'd. He still must only be 17/18. Shame hes Irish

is it a plastic pitch?

Even if it is, it's better than the Plastic Paddies. ;)

Archived