You're the manager

JamboLad

So i'm off work ill and pretty bored and I know we have had these threads before but if you were manager what would you do, who would you sign what would your team be etc..

Firstly I would get rid of Makela, Bednar(he doesnt want to be here), McCann, Jose, Beslija and obviously Ibby Tall is away

I would also punt Ivaskeviuis, Audrey and Cesnauskis and let Michael Stewart leave....how controverial oh aye and Calum Elliot too!

Then I would sign... Andy Dorman from St Mirren, Ross McCormack from Motherwell and a right back (I cant think of one right now)

I honestly dont think we need much to be back where we were when under Burley. I may seem delusional but I assure you I am not, just a wee bit under the weather!

A team of

McDonald/Banks

Neilson/Thomson/new signing

Berra/Zaliukas

Karapidis/McGowan

Wallace/Brown

Larry/Miko

McCormack/Driver

Ruben/Dorman

Eggert

Pinilla/Nade

Glen/Mole

With the rest of the squad being made up of youngsters like Rapnik, Robinson, Visconte(He shoudl be pushign next season) and a few others.

I see no reason why a team like this cannot challenge the top end of the league. Since Frail has taken charge in January credit where credit is due, he would have us in third place if the league started then.

Really bored!

peebles jambo

if i'm the manager!, robbie goes as well, he's gash, i'd seriously think about binning nade as well

Guest JamboRobbo

I see no reason why a team like this cannot challenge the top end of the league.

I take it you haven't been watching the games this year then? ;)

i don't care if we would have been third we are dreadful to watch and are tactically naive with worse than average players

Not sure about challenging the league but this is what I would do:

Let the following leave: Anthony Basso, Robbie Neilson, Marius Zaliukas, Jose Goncalves, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Michael Stewart, Neil McCann, Audrius Ksanavicius, Calum Elliot, Christian Nade, Juho Maklea, Mirsad Beslija, Ibrahim Tall and Roman Bednar.

Possibly one of Saulius Mikoliunas and Deividas Cesnauskis.

And if we cannot get him fit. Mauricio Pinilla.

I would look to bring in Russel Anderson, Andy Dorman, Ross McCormack, Alan Gow, Marius Niculae. Then a keeper, right back and left back.

i think gow is a realistic target he has featured only once or twice this season at greyskull and think he would jump at chance to play first team football. could be the attcking mid option we need. russell anderson would be next on my list and with him at CH with Beraa i would move karipidas to right back and promote the most promising youngster in the position as his understudy. if willo flood is available for reasonable cash i would take a chance on him also.

goodbye to - makela, stewart, iva, chesney, audrey, clum, jose, tall, mole

last chance to - pinilla, do a pre season prove you can get fit and repay us the fecking fortunes we have shelled out to be for you being an international playboy.

if jamie macdonald cannot cut the mustard we must sign a decent goalie and jambo fan smith of motherwell would be a reasonable option.

apart from that if the manager whoever he may be is left to get on with it then what we have would get third i think

OUT: Either to trim squad and add quality or out of contract.

Neilson

Basso

Zaliukas

Goncalves

Tall

Beslija

Stewart

Mikoliunas

Cesnauskas

Ivaskev

Ksana

Elliot

Makela

McCann

Whole squad needs rebuilding to even consider third!

Drylaw Hearts
So i'm off work ill and pretty bored and I know we have had these threads before but if you were manager what would you do, who would you sign what would your team be etc..

Firstly I would get rid of Makela, Bednar(he doesnt want to be here), McCann, Jose, Beslija and obviously Ibby Tall is away

I would also punt Ivaskeviuis, Audrey and Cesnauskis and let Michael Stewart leave....how controverial oh aye and Calum Elliot too!

Then I would sign... Andy Dorman from St Mirren, Ross McCormack from Motherwell and a right back (I cant think of one right now)

I honestly dont think we need much to be back where we were when under Burley. I may seem delusional but I assure you I am not, just a wee bit under the weather!

A team of

McDonald/Banks

Neilson/Thomson/new signing

Berra/Zaliukas

Karapidis/McGowan

Wallace/Brown

Larry/Miko

McCormack/Driver

Ruben/Dorman

Eggert

Pinilla/Nade

Glen/Mole

With the rest of the squad being made up of youngsters like Rapnik, Robinson, Visconte(He shoudl be pushign next season) and a few others.

I see no reason why a team like this cannot challenge the top end of the league. Since Frail has taken charge in January credit where credit is due, he would have us in third place if the league started then.

Really bored!

Really bored ???

I'd say really drunk.

Buffalo Bill

I'd introduce a new thing to the team called 'tactics'.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Now you're just being silly.

:evilno:

Buffalo Bill
Now you're just being silly.

:evilno:

You shut yer face and get to the bar.

Buffalo Bill

Who's this Andy Dorman chap a couple of posters have mentioned? The only player I really noticed playing against us was Mason, he always looks like a tidy player, does his job quietly but effectively.

Given the financial constraints, third in the league and a tilt at a cup every couple of years has to be the target - together with huge reductions to the wage bill.

I would look to augment the following players with a dad's army team of new recruits from the other SPL/Division 1/English leagues modelled on the Doddie/Sandy Jardine teams.

Banks, Neilson, Wallace, Berra, Jonsson, Miko, Stewart, Driver, Mole, Glen and the best of our youngsters.

Would not be at all bothered if all of our other 'big name' players were to leave the club in the summer.

Guest casper

I think most of the people on this thread are missing the point about the real benefits of having a manager and what he would do.

It’s not just about making lists of individual players in and out. That’s what Romanov has been doing for the last 2 years and it obviously hasn’t worked.

If I was the manager I would be introducing recognised training and coaching techniques and tactics, coaching and medical staff and trying to nurture a good team spirit. Only then would I be looking at moving on or bringing in players.

I would also have employed myself before the end of January so the team could have been pushing for the top 6 or even Europe this season and at the very least have the new structure in place this season so the squad could be reviewed and positions needing strengthened and replacements identified before the summer and so everybody would be ready for the start of next season.

I'd boot out Basso, J.Thomson, Goncalves (if there is a decent money offer), Zaliukas, Cesnauskis, Aguiar, Nade, Elliot, Makela, Pinilla, Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius, let Bednar and Tall go and try my best to persuade Banks and McCann to join the coaching staff full time.

I'd then go out and get Russell Anderson, Andy Dorman, Barry Nicolson, Chris Porter, Marius Niculae, Alan Gow, Neil Alexander and Danny Senda (from Millwall).

Squad for next season being:

GK - Alexander/McDonald

DR - Senda/Neilson

DL - Wallace/J. Brown

DC - Berra/Anderson/Karipidis/McGowan

MR - Nicolson/Mikoliunas/Kingston

ML - Driver/Mikoliunas/Visconte

DM - Palazuelos/Jonsson/Stewart

AMC - Kingston/Dorman/Stewart

FC - Porter/Niculae/Gow/Glen

With a starting line up of:

-----------------Alexander----------------

Senda------Anderson-----Berra-----Wallace

----------------Palazuelos-----------------

Nicolson-----------------------------Driver

-----------------Kingston------------------

----------Porter-----------Niculae---------

Maybe not title challengers but 3rd place would be a piece of ****. You can only dream eh?

Buffalo Bill

I always thought we were trying for the 'total football' idea. Everyone with a free role etc:rolleyes:

Archived