Vegetarians

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

No offense to any veggies out there and I am not completely against it however there is a certain breed of veggie that drives me nuts.

They state they are vegetarians and will argue with you until they are blue in the face that eating meat is cruel etc but then they will go and eat seafood/fish/chicken!!! How does that work? I live with a girl who claims to be a veggie and spends a fortune on all the organic stuff (trying to hard to be healthy, another thing that drives me nuts) although I was eating a ham, mushroom and olive pizza the other night and she asked me what was on it and after I told her she took a slice and devoured it, ham and all!

As far as I am concerned you are either a veggie or not?

Or can anyone explain why it only applies to certain animals?

:sad:

Nelly Terraces

It doesn't. You either are, or you aren't. She's probably trying to try and be cool and alternative by claiming to be a veggo, without actually being one. Hmmm, now what's the meaning of 'hypocrite' again....

Here's an interesting one then...

I've got a friend who's vegetarian on Tuesdays and Fridays, only Tuesdays are optional.

She doesn't eat beef 'at all', unless its something which she hasn't cooked or it hasn't been cooked in her own house (this includes crap from McDonalds etc.), but definitely not on Tuesday or Fridays.

Is all supposed to be on religious grounds so I can kind of understand, but surely if its bad to eat meat one day its bad every day?

Gets confusing if we're ever trying to go out for a meal as well!

Somebody who eats fish and chicken is not a vegetarian.

I have a friend (well he's a hobo and a punk and I don't really like him that much, so we'll call him an acquaintance) who's a vegan. He goes the whole hog (if you pardon the pun), vegan boots and everything. I don't get that.

What use is an unfertilised egg to a chicken?

Cows want to be milked, if you didn't milk them would their udders not explode? It must at least be awfy uncomfortable.

It's not exploiting the animal, the animal exploits us, we care for it, feed it, provide shelter, get it medical attention. Have you seen the state of those wild chickens and cows? No? Why? 'Cos they don't even feckin' exist that's why. If we didn't farm them they wouldn't be here. They serve no other purpose than to lay eggs for my breakfast and provide milk for my tea.

If you don't want to eat meat, fair enough, your choice, but don't inflict death and suffering on the animals by not eating what they provide.

I bought Linda McCartney sausages today (true story, I'm feeding 2 veggies tomorrow). Why do veggies want their food to look and taste like it's meat anyway? That's perverse. I'll bet the sausages are rank.

One thing though is if you are vegetarian and somebody comes up to you all cocky and smug and says, "Vegetarian eh? Is that not a pair of leather shoes you've got on"?

You reply with "So what, nobody gives you a hard time for not eating polyester do they"?

I love meat, I can't walk past a field, but I'm in there, licking the cows...

Legend Claws

I have a friend (well he's a hobo and a punk and I don't really like him that much, so we'll call him an acquaintance) who's a vegan. He goes the whole hog (if you pardon the pun), vegan boots and everything. I don't get that.

Cows want to be milked, if you didn't milk them would their udders not explode? It must at least be awfy uncomfortable.

It's not exploiting the animal, the animal exploits us, we care for it, feed it, provide shelter, get it medical attention. Have you seen the state of those wild chickens and cows? No? Why? 'Cos they don't even feckin' exist that's why. If we didn't farm them they wouldn't be here. They serve no other purpose than to lay eggs for my breakfast and provide milk for my tea.

If you don't want to eat meat, fair enough, your choice, but don't inflict death and suffering on the animals by not eating what they provide.

I bought Linda McCartney sausages today (true story, I'm feeding 2 veggies tomorrow). Why do veggies want their food to look and taste like it's meat anyway? That's perverse. I'll bet the sausages are rank.

One thing though is if you are vegetarian and somebody comes up to you all cocky and smug and says, "Vegetarian eh? Is that not a pair of leather shoes you've got on"?

You reply with "So what, nobody gives you a hard time for not eating polyester do they"?

God surely they would be well off by now...?

Nice rant by the way!

Legend Claws
It doesn't. You either are, or you aren't. She's probably trying to try and be cool and alternative by claiming to be a veggo, without actually being one. Hmmm, now what's the meaning of 'hypocrite' again....

I agree with the whole trying to be cool thing. She only buys organic food but whinges about being skint all the time! She is also a total sap who always seems to be ill, maybe eat something substantial and you would have some resistance/energy!

Vegetarian dishes just seem to look, smell and no doubt taste disgusting!!!

Surprising attitude Dave,

As for alan being a hibee - he's been to one, maybe two hibs games. Hardly staunch.

Anyway, each to their own eh?

Someone might even believe that that the whole world was created by and our mortal souls are dependent on a super being who created the whole shooting match in a blink of an eye.

Others might say thats ridiculous and look at darwin or carbon dating.

But each to there own eh?

there are many worse people in this world than christians, vegans or even hibees??

Ray Winstone

Knew someone at school who claimed to be a Veggie then when she devoured a McChicken sandwhich infront of us she said she just didnt eat red meat, unless it was cooked for her by someone else - as we then witnessed her eating steak etc etc.

Drives me nuts these kind of people, Just trying to fit in with a fad.

On another note my cousin went proper Vegan for a while and it made her seriously ill - would not recomend that. She is however a proper vegetarian that has not eaten meat in over 20 years.

Legend Claws

I didn't say people shouldn't be Vegetarians, I just think they should either be one or not, not somewhere inbetween and if they are partial veggies, don't preach about not eating meat.

Vegetarianism entirely depends on how far up your own erse you are.

It's simply a nonsense lifestyle that makes its followers feel superior to the rest of us.

BUT what if the entire planet went veggie? Every forest and jungle would be cut down and turned into potato fields.

There would be no more wild animals at all. Just heavily industrialised fields as far as the eye could see.

Veggies are pillocks.

It's simply a nonsense lifestyle that makes its followers feel superior to the rest of us.

BUT what if the entire planet went veggie? Every forest and jungle would be cut down and turned into potato fields.

There would be no more wild animals at all. Just heavily industrialised fields as far as the eye could see.

Veggies are pillocks.

If everybody was veggie there would be no more wild animals?? :confused:

Aye ok then.

Legend Claws

Veggies are pillocks.

Haha well put.

Dix Handley

My mates lodger was a veggie for 20 years, started eating meat again

and died 3 months later, guy had just turned 40?:mw_confused:

Dix Handley

My mate said the only time the bloke had looked healthy

was just before he died.

Too many Cow pies i reckon..

image035.jpg

Legend Claws

I think if you don't eat meat for a long time then start eating it again it can be pretty bad for you.

I heard it changes your organs to those of the meat source, thus making your body reject them and passing them through your sphincter and making you turn inside out!

Also heard that female menstruation attracts bears.

Here's an interesting one then...

I've got a friend who's vegetarian on Tuesdays and Fridays, only Tuesdays are optional.

She doesn't eat beef 'at all', unless its something which she hasn't cooked or it hasn't been cooked in her own house (this includes crap from McDonalds etc.), but definitely not on Tuesday or Fridays.

Is all supposed to be on religious grounds so I can kind of understand, but surely if its bad to eat meat one day its bad every day?

Gets confusing if we're ever trying to go out for a meal as well!

Raises interesting (not really) issues around leftovers - If she has some meat leftover from Thursdays meat dinner, she cannae take it for her piece the next day!?!? WTF? :confused:

Veggies are pillocks.

Entirely correct. I chose to become veggie simply because I wanted to feel morally superior to meat eaters, no other reason. Nothing to do with disagreeing with the needless slaughter of animals, anything like that (I do agree however that claiming to be veggie, then eating meat is ridiculous).

The second part of your post is utterly insane.

As for the OP's point that veggies eating meat sausages are weird, sausages don't actually look like that when ripped from the dead animal. Humans make them that shape.

Meat eaters spouting pish are pillocks.

Legend Claws

I didn't mention sausages.

Again I haven't said that being a veggie wrong, just either a fully fledged one or not at all.

I didn't mention sausages.

Again I haven't said that being a veggie wrong, just either a fully fledged one or not at all.

Oops, sorry Bruno. It was The Doctor that mentioned sausages. And your point is entirely correct. I do however, take issue with being called a pillock (not by you).

Veggies eat beans and lentils and all enjoy a good fart. Unfortunately all this methane is contibuting to global warming.

Veggies should be shot and eaten for the sake of the planet.

Legend Claws
Oops, sorry Bruno. It was The Doctor that mentioned sausages. And your point is entirely correct. I do however, take issue with being called a pillock (not by you).

Apology accepted. Now watch you don't faint...

(Just kidding mate)

jamboinglasgow

I am mad about meat, cant have enough of it, every time I go past a field of cows I just want to go in there and lick the cows, so I could never be vegetarian.

There are two types of vegetarian I have met, those who veggies cause they feel it is wrong (or cause everyone else doing it) and those who do it just cause they dont like meat.

My best friend at school was a vegetarian because he didn't like meat, though thats probably cause both his parents were veggies. My flatmate is sort of becoming that because she is sort of going off taste of meat (unless it is around the flat)

I dont have a problem with people who are vegetarian because they dont like the taste of meat, I think it is unnatural for someone to say meat is wrong. If we go down to our basic human nature we are omnivoires which means we should plants and meat. I can understand there are issues over the ethnicity over how food is made but surely you can eat some meat sourced from an ethical source if your worried.

Peta annoy me, they try and spread perverse lies about meat, milk and other things which come from animals. I remember a few years ago they tried to do an ad campaign in the papers where they claimed milk gave you spots, made you fat etc and to back it out it had grotesque drawings of these had designed to make children horrified at drinking milk.

I am mad about meat, cant have enough of it, every time I go past a field of cows I just want to go in there and lick the cows, so I could never be vegetarian.

There are two types of vegetarian I have met, those who veggies cause they feel it is wrong (or cause everyone else doing it) and those who do it just cause they dont like meat.

My best friend at school was a vegetarian because he didn't like meat, though thats probably cause both his parents were veggies. My flatmate is sort of becoming that because she is sort of going off taste of meat (unless it is around the flat)

I dont have a problem with people who are vegetarian because they dont like the taste of meat, I think it is unnatural for someone to say meat is wrong. If we go down to our basic human nature we are omnivoires which means we should plants and meat. I can understand there are issues over the ethnicity over how food is made but surely you can eat some meat sourced from an ethical source if your worried.

Peta annoy me, they try and spread perverse lies about meat, milk and other things which come from animals. I remember a few years ago they tried to do an ad campaign in the papers where they claimed milk gave you spots, made you fat etc and to back it out it had grotesque drawings of these had designed to make children horrified at drinking milk.

I actually got a leaflet handed to me once, think it was from a hare krishna or something like that, that said our teeth were not designed to eat meat, but just fruit and veg etc. Now i'm no expert, but.....

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My ex is vegetarian because of the cruelty aspect, but I love a good steak (one of the reasons why she's my ex...)

I've spent a lot of time looking into the pro's and cons of the two ways and there are some interesting facts

Eating meat is an incredibly inefficient way to feed people given the finite land and water we have available. An acre of land will feed 10x more vegetarians than carnivores and a theres is a vast increase in the amount of fresh water needed to to produce meat over vegetable matter.

On the plus side if you eat dairy products then you should eat veal as otherwise 50% of calves (ie the males) raised are slaughtered in infancy and basically end up as pet food.

Don't get me started on farmed fish....

I P Knightley

My wife eats this sort of stuff. She had a Linda McCartney breast fillet the other week but it had a lump in it.

Seriously, she eats fish & seafood but won't eat any animal that makes a loud noise when you kill it*. She describes herself as vegetarian, not because she's saying she only eats vegetables but more out of convenience to avoid being given a plate of meat.

Her choice is not out of a moralistic stance or anything religious; simply, she never really liked the taste and then worked on a meat counter which put her right off the stuff.

All the more for me! Although I do have to put up with quorn once in a while and I'll make a confession: in a lasagne or a bolognaise, it hard to tell you're not getting a proper mince. (Could be something to do with the wife's culinary skills, that one...)

Rib-eye-steak.gif

240px-Tofu-beijingchina.jpg

Steak or Tofu?

If you are making a stir fry, tofu works better than Steak. You made a bit of an invalid comparison, like comparing apples and pears.

If you want to compare to a steak, try comparing to a Quorn steak:

2.jpg

I'm vegetarian and had one of them tonight. I've been vegetarian for over 25 years, since I was a bairn. I just went off meats gradually as I grew up, because I didn't like the taste and threw it up.

One of the best vegetarian foods is curry - mainly because most of India is vegetarian. It is only over here that you find it difficult to locate a vegie curry because most shops only stock chicken and beef curries.

I like the seriously hard-core Indian sects who won't even eat root veggies because it causes the death of the plant.

Leaves, seeds, fruits and pulses is all they eat. Amazing.

Veggies are a huge pain in the ar$e.

Have you tried inserting smaller ones, maybe start off with an asparagus tip and work your way up to parsnips and cucumbers?

Legend Claws
Have you tried inserting smaller ones, maybe start off with an asparagus tip and work your way up to parsnips and cucumbers?

Gold mate, gold.

Entirely correct. I chose to become veggie simply because I wanted to feel morally superior to meat eaters, no other reason. Nothing to do with disagreeing with the needless slaughter of animals, anything like that (I do agree however that claiming to be veggie, then eating meat is ridiculous).

The second part of your post is utterly insane.

As for the OP's point that veggies eating meat sausages are weird, sausages don't actually look like that when ripped from the dead animal. Humans make them that shape.

Meat eaters spouting pish are pillocks.

Was getting pretty pished off at the small mindedness of some retards on this board and was gonna post a bit of a rant but you have responded perfectly!

Live and let live...

It's human nature to eat meat. Who am I to mess with nature?

Nothing better than a nice steak. Lovely stuff.

Say What Again

A guy I used to work beside didn't eat any meat. He used to boycott one of the sandwich shops in the area because the meat was too close to the salad and some of it could fall in. He used to preach on and on at me about 'how could I eat an animal', 'if you ever saw what goes on in a slaughter house you wouldn't be eating that' etc.

Yet he ate fish (and dairy products he practically lived off tuna and eggs).

So, one day I cam across a clip on the internet of dolphins being caught and (pretty brutally) slaughtered in Asia.

I sent him the clip and he reported me to my manager for sending him images he found deeply disturbing.

I got in right s***. :mad:

My bird is an alledged veggie (one that eats fish)...I'm slowly getting used to eating food now and again that doesn't contain meat. The funny thing is that I can't stand seafood.

By far the worst veggie product is that fake bacon. It's vile.

My bird is an alledged veggie (one that eats fish)...I'm slowly getting used to eating food now and again that doesn't contain meat. The funny thing is that I can't stand seafood.

By far the worst veggie product is that fake bacon. It's vile.

As others have said, and speaking as a veggie myself, you can't be a vegetarian if you eat fish or anything that is a bit of a dead animal. I used to have a boss that said he was vegetarian for a while, but liked Tuna. I thought it better not to argue with him about it.

Archived