robinson gets 4 year deal

pivotno1

another promising youngster signed up.

I thought for a quick second you were talking about your old mate Chris. ;)

so how did he actually do? has anyone actually seen him play in the reserves? havn't seen the highlights yet but supposedly he is tiny? Im not saying hes not a good prospect but Im not convinced slinging a 16year old in is the best option. Saying that I realise options are limited.

Although if he is good enough to push for a place in the senior squad thats fantastic. Either way still a great piece of business for the contract as he can only get better.

davemclaren
i believe it was signed before the game on sat dave.

Ok, there goes my guess. ;)

Anyway, the one move he actually got involved in he looked fine. :)

must admit ptbcal,wish the wee guys name was robertson,even hearing that name sends a shiver down my spine.

Only a Game
so how did he actually do?

In the 57 seconds he was on he won a decent long ball and headed it out wide to a Hearts player and made a decent run into the box when Wallace was free but (apparently) ran offside and Wallace couldnt/didnt square it to him for a certain goal.

Havent seen him at all at any other level but for such a young ladddie to get himself to the head of the queue as far as pushing into the first team is concerned is pretty good.

I wish he had got longer because yesterday was exactly the kind of game we should be trying youngsters in and I'd like a few more to get a chance before the end of the season as the first stage in re-building our totally inadequate sqaud.

davemclaren
In the 57 seconds he was on he won a decent long ball and headed it out wide to a Hearts player and made a decent run into the box when Wallace was free but (apparently) ran offside and Wallace couldnt/didnt square it to him for a certain goal.

Havent seen him at all at any other level but for such a young ladddie to get himself to the head of the queue as far as pushing into the first team is concerned is pretty good.

I wish he had got longer because yesterday was exactly the kind of game we should be trying youngsters in and I'd like a few more to get a chance before the end of the season as the first stage in re-building our totally indeaquate sqaud.

I agree. Yesterday shouldn't have been about just trying to win. Robinson could have been given the last 10 or 15 minutes.

Only a Game
I agree. Yesterday shouldn't have been about just trying to win. Robinson could have been given the last 10 or 15 minutes.

Also, it might be the rocket that Elliott needs up his erse if he sees a couple of young kids pushing past him and doing well.

(not that a rocket up the erse is going to cure all thats wrong with Elliott of course)

ToadKiller Dog

Have not seen him in the under 19s/reserves ,what i take from his minute on the pitch was that he couldnt wait to get on ,buzzed about with confidence which is all good.

give him 15mins next week if the games allows.

Buffalo Bill
Also, it might be the rocket that Elliott needs up his erse .

(not that a rocket up the erse is going to cure all thats wrong with Elliott of course)

He'd probably just work it into his next dance routine.

Buffalo Bill

Ryan Gosling

Certainly looked confident at half time and when he got on. Better first touch from Lee Wallace and he would have had a goal! His goal against Hibs for the 19s is a beauty.

Mr Quagmire
I assume there must have been an option in his contract triggered by getting a first team game. :cool:

correct, Frail also wanted Glen to get a standing ovation on sat and for us to play our youngest ever first team player.

Apparently he looks likely to get more time next game though.

Another young laddie with nothing too play for now he has a 4 year deal. Great.

Seriously, well done son. Don't feck it up big time by being a big headed erse.

If you need any inspiration, just do completely the opposite of No.22

Dr Ian Malcolm

I'd maybe agree Detty if he was about 18/19, but he's only just 16 - given that he's in the 19s already with club and country, he'd have been signing a twoyear deal anyway, which just now would onl tek him 'til he's 18 - a bit pointless seeing as Glen has only just started to break through at that age. This only ties him down until he's just turned 20, so its not as if he's got a cushy contract (doubt his wages will be anymore than ?200p/w, if that) to see out if it goes wrong.

Cannae believe this guy was born in 1992!

I know, if it wasn't bad enough that I'm starting to be older than a few first team players, with Scott Robinson making his debut I can actually remember a lot of the year in which a footballer was born.

Buffalo Bill

Steve Banks is the only one left older than me!

Buffalo Bill

rudi must stay

nah. He's signing it when he leaves school according to the EEN

Say What Again

It was agreed on the Friday.

It's only a 3 year deal.

It is.

Don't feck it up big time by being a big headed erse.

I honestly don't think that will happen - I'd be amazed if it did. You couldn't hope to meet a more down to earth, level headed lad.

Archived