Question re Edinburgh Pub

WavyGravy

Am I right in thinking there was a bar in Edinburgh called Chesterfields? If so where was it and what is it now? Or am I talking Gladys Knight?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Was on Royal Terrace. It was later Chimes nightclub, Dream Bar and then Bonds. Last two were lap dancing. Used to work behind the bar. :)

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Was a bit of a yuppie place in it's day? Round about the 80's?

Dunno. Too young for Chesterfields. Seemed to be a decent 80s/90s hangout though. Minor celebs like Sarah Heaney and McCoist and that would be there.

Royal Terrace and it was a Halloween party google chesterfields bar Edinburgh then click images it takes you to the stills in the video and then takes you to a photo album and click a picture of chesterfields and it gave the location as Royal Terrace

Edited by Serj Tankian

Does anyone know the names and locations of hangout's (pub's club's etc) that the yuppie well to do set would have gone to in town in the 80's?. It's for a book I'm helping to write and whilst I remember Edinburgh at that time I was too young to be on the pop so it's really all just names to me. Any help would be very much appreciated

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Does anyone know the names and locations of hangout's (pub's club's etc) that the yuppie well to do set would have gone to in town in the 80's?. It's for a book I'm helping to write and whilst I remember Edinburgh at that time I was too young to be on the pop so it's really all just names to me. Any help would be very much appreciated

My old man went to Cinderella Rockerfellas. :). No idea if it was yuppie or not but they're the 'most 80s' photos I've ever seen. :)

Go on " lost Edinburgh " on Facebook and ask the question there

Whigham's Wine Cellars & Harry's Bar (both still on the go), The Waterfront in Leith (now Teuchter's Landing, or something like that), and The Edinburgh Wine Bar in Hanover St. (no idea what it is now) were popular hooray-henry / henrietta hang-outs. The Golf Tavern in Bruntsfield was also a hard-core rugby / private-school pub, which amounted to the same thing. <_<

Great info folks. I will try other places but any other information or memories anyone has will be greatly recieved. Thank you.

Goldstone Wonder

PJ Clarks, The Rutland, L'Attache and Biancos were all yuppie hangouts back in the day, I believe.

• 8 years later...

I came up from London in the summer of 1988 and worked the doors for CSS and know as specialized security and I worked on quite a few doors the 1st being Fingers piano bar in Frederick street then places like Rutland no 1 down stairs at lattaiche , Harry’s bar, mad dogs, cafe ca’va, the tron, and Finsbury Park which is now or was a McDonald’s there were a loads more but just seem to go straight out my head now back in London and still visit old friends up there 

happy new year all 

I came up from London in the summer of 1988 and worked the doors for CSS and now known as specialized security and I worked on quite a few doors the 1st being Fingers piano bar in Frederick street then places like Rutland no 1 down stairs at lattaiche , Harry’s bar, mad dogs, cafe ca’va, the tron, and Finsbury Park which is now or was a McDonald’s there were  loads more but just seem to go straight out my head now back in London and still visit old friends up there 

happy new year all