Wage to turnover ratio

Vlad-Stupid

116%

:cornette:

Absolutely ridiculous so for every ?1 we make we are spending ?1.16 on wages, however that is for season 2010/11. I'd imagine it should be substantially down for 2011/12.

loveofthegame

Key note that was then and this is now...

However, shows the utter incompetence of those running the club that they ever, ever allowed that to happen. Roasters.

It's also pretty disgusting that Celtic can afford a bill of 32 million, compared to all the other current teams.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Now it'll be something like 75%

madness at the time though for what we were getting

However, shows the utter incompetence of those running the club that they ever, ever allowed that to happen. Roasters.

I've actually been looking at this a fair bit recently and I believe in 08/09 it was at 121% which is the peak level for us.

SectionXpunter

three seasons ago.... am I wrong to think our wages have decreased dramatically in that time?

loveofthegame

I've actually been looking at this a fair bit recently and I believe in 08/09 it was at 121% which is the peak level for us.

Frightening! No wonder we have problems!

Imagine the seethe on here though, if they didn't, and the squad was weakened. We saw it with Black, Beattie, Rudi, Temps and Sergio.

Jambof3tornado

Frightening! No wonder we have problems!

Speculate to accumulate. Had we made it into the group stages of the champions league the gamble would have worked. It didn't work but was worth trying. Sick of playing for 3rd place with the old firm dominating(prior to the death of rangers).

Interesting to know how we are doing now.

kingantti1874

Speculate to accumulate. Had we made it into the group stages of the champions league the gamble would have worked. It didn't work but was worth trying. Sick of playing for 3rd place with the old firm dominating(prior to the death of rangers).

Interesting to know how we are doing now.

That was 7 years ago... What have we been paying for since? Unbelievable incompetancy

kingantti1874

On a side note look at kilmarnocks t/o on tiny attendances - I read that the hotel they built is bringing in ?2.5mpa...(at that's in a dump like killie)

Something we should be looking at IMO at some point in future.. Would generate significant revenue in the capital

Mr Brightside

This link says our wage bill went up between 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 how on earth I that possible

http://bit.ly/ViiRkf

Had a look on the link and was surprised that killie had a turnover of ?7.1M. Does this include additional revenue from their hotel?

Had a look on the link and was surprised that killie had a turnover of ?7.1M. Does this include additional revenue from their hotel?

Imagine going on holiday to Kilmarnock.

How do Kilmarnock have a turnover of ?7.13 million?!!

I guess bending over an parting their arse cheeks for the Siamese Twins must work for them since they have no support of their own.

How do Kilmarnock have a turnover of ?7.13 million?!!

Certainly isnt through attendances. The report says their stadium utilisation was 35%, the worst in the league...

Dagger Is Back

Unbelievable incompetence. Only one lot of people to blame too.

Not much difference in turnover figures between us, Aberdeen and Hibs either.

We've wasted so much money and potential.

Sickening

Not if they were promised additional income from elsewhere.

No problem having a wage exceed your income if you can guarantee benevolent funding to cover it. Stupendously, we seem to have had this removed (assuming it was ever there) and hence have a problem.

But it is still poor management or foresight that has put us in a mess.

I do hope it is being resolved sharpish.

That figure for Killie is misleading as yes, it includes the hotel, but at the same time we are still paying off the hotel which is a big part of the debt. Arguable as to whether it is a good thing. Does great business for conferences and events - some of the players live/have lived there too after joining the club but it's not making us profit - at least for now. Apparently it is good in the event of us collapsing financially though as it is something tangible to sell off.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

This link says our wage bill went up between 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 how on earth I that possible

http://bit.ly/ViiRkf

we signed quite a few players in summer 2011, Mehdi, Sutton, Grainger, Hamill.

Wallace, Bouzid and Ruben all left tbf and then quite a few players left in Jan or afterwards (Jonsson, Stevenson, Elliot, various youngsters) but we also brought in Beattie and gave Rudi a couple new contracts last year

It's FACT........BRO

It's fact that it was, at one point in the past, 116%. PeeblesJambo probably thinks it still is!

kingantti1874

Where does it say that? I can't see any mention of 2011/2012 in that link at all!

Look at the table at the bottom - bill up to over 9 m in 2011, increase of 300k ish

Footballfirst

Hearts historical wages to turnover ratios:

2012/13 - 60% my estimate

2011/12 - 95% my estimate (cup win)

2010/11 - 116%

2009/10 - 115%

2008/09 - 126%

2007/08 - 124%

2006/07 - 121%

2005/06 - 97% (cup win)

2004/05 - 54%

2003/04 - 70%