Name Change On JKB

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

I notice that certain members on here change their usernames on a regular basis but it does not show that they have indeed done so on their profile which I thought it had to do.

Anyways, why would you want to change your name so often?

But there is a tell tale sign.............they have say 5000 post for instance but when you go into view their posts it only shows they have made 50 posts for instance using that name.

But there is a tell tale sign.............they have say 5000 post for instance but when you go into view their posts it only shows they have made 50 posts for instance using that name.

You have 2,300 posts, but when I search for your posts it only shows 50.

When did you change your user name?

How do you change your username?

I'd like something a bit more creative than when I first signed up.

How do you change your username?

I'd like something a bit more creative than when I first signed up.

You can request a user name change if you are a subscribed member.

MackaysCentreSpot
You have 2,300 posts, but when I search for your posts it only shows 50.

When did you change your user name?

Ah so the number of posts you can view from another member are restricted to 50.

But my original question still stands...........why would you want to change your name so often?

Jambojohnnyboy
Ah so the number of posts you can view from another member are restricted to 50.

But my original question still stands...........why would you want to change your name so often?

Pass, but surely better than creating a fictional persona!

Does that mean you haven't changed your user name? And what do you mean by a "tell tale sign". Sign of what? Why do you care if, when and why someone changes their user name?

MackaysCentreSpot
Does that mean you haven't changed your user name? And what do you mean by a "tell tale sign". Sign of what? Why do you care if, when and why someone changes their user name?

Just making an observation, no need to get aggressive about it mate.

If you read my previous post I accept your point that you can only read 50 previous post that a member has posted as it is seems to be restricted to that.

Wonder who he's referring to.

HMMMMM.

Sorry, I do not know what you are insinuating...............again I was just making an observation. Do I know you Peanut or by a former name perhaps?

I've changed my username twice.

I'd been Jambotodd for years, since KB on the old official site, but it's a bit dull, so when we got to change them I became Sweeney. The film was out and I thought it was apt, but it wasn't really working for me after a while.

After the Hearts, sci-fi is a big hobby and interest and The Doctor rocks, so I changed it to that. I'll stick with it for a while I think. I like it and I can have some nice avatar changes.

I like to change my signature fairly regularly too, just whatever joke takes my fancy. I have a beauty coming up, but I've only had the current one for a short while, so I'll wait a week or two.

chester copperpot

I've been Chester for a while now, and like my new name. My old one was dull and boring, so fancied a spruce up.

Wonder who he's referring to.

HMMMMM.

Got to be honest, I'm kind of curious as well.

Just making an observation, no need to get aggressive about it mate.

Who's being aggressive? You're just making an observation, I'm just asking a question. You seem to have an interest in members changing their user names - or, to use your phrase, "certain members" changing their user names. Why do you care who changes their user name and what reasons they have for doing so?

Doctor FinnBarr
You can request a user name change if you are a subscribed member.

Subscribed member, how do you do that then??

:confused:

Subscribed member, how do you do that then??

:confused:

Click the "subscribe now" button at the top left of the page, follow the directions and pay a fiver. You get membership for a year (the extras are listed on the subscribe page), and at the end of the year you get a reminder to renew, and if you like the service you can pay again for a further year. And a guaranteed minimum of 75p of your payment goes to the McCrae's Battalion Trust.

MackaysCentreSpot
Who's being aggressive? You're just making an observation, I'm just asking a question. You seem to have an interest in members changing their user names - or, to use your phrase, "certain members" changing their user names. Why do you care who changes their user name and what reasons they have for doing so?

I was just asking a question and if you choose to try and turn into something it is not then that is up to you which it certainly looks like you are doing.

I was just interested why people would change their username...........is something wrong in that?

We could always put your response to any question posted on here.........."Why do you care" but that would be a bit stiffling on the debate front would it not as I thought forums were to debate things.

Also interesting to see that some members have a username history but others do not................just another observation.

I was just interested why people would change their username...........is something wrong in that?

All of the members who change their username, or just "certain members"? We make the name change facility available to all subscribed members, including you. If you change your username it's nobody's business but yours. That's my point.

I notice that certain members on here change their usernames on a regular basis but it does not show that they have indeed done so on their profile which I thought it had to do.

Anyways, why would you want to change your name so often?

I changed mine, because I kept getting bombed out the mafia game early. :sad:

Pete Seeger

Just out of interest anyone care to say who they used to be? I can never work it out. Now that the doctor says he was Todd it makes sense. [edited]

I changed mine, because I kept getting bombed out the mafia game early. :sad:

Aye, I was sneakydeek.

andy did you change after watching the Gonnies on tv a couple of weeks ago. i take it your strip next season will have the new name emblazoned across the back

Walter Payton
Just out of interest anyone care to say who they used to be? I can never work it out. Now that the doctor says he was Todd it makes sense. [edited]

Used to be "Andy in Oz" but since I moved back to Scotland last January I figured a namechange was well overdue! Had tried already to get "Hearts Fan 400,001" or "The next JKB Scandal" but neither were approved. Figured I'll use this for a while until I think of a better one!

Say What Again

I find the name chnging pretty annoying TBH, but as has been pointed out on the thread already, it's up to the particular member I suppose.

I knew who you were by the avatar Andy but I've lost track of others.

I find the name chnging pretty annoying TBH, but as has been pointed out on the thread already, it's up to the particular member I suppose.

I think it's because the names changing momentarily stops you from remembering who is a [mod edit] & who is a good guy.

Plenty of both on here it has to be said.

I P Knightley

I'm with you on that.

Until you realise that "new poster X" has x,000 posts to his/her credit, you think that there's yet another Barclays Banker joined the forum. :D

The People's Chimp

tbh i've found the whole username thing a bit irritating. I've not been on here as much lately, mainly because it seems to be an endless cycle of the usual mindless tat; with very little humour. Anyway since the ability to change it gets a bit tiresome trying to keep up with who is who nowadays.

Guest GhostHunter

Funniest.Thread.Ever.

Why it bothers people why other paid members want to change their name, is beyond me...

For the record, and for those interested - I changed mine as well.

I kinda like the new look.

Commander Harris

fo shiz.

how anyone can get annoyed about something as trivial as someone changing their username on a forum is beyond me.

so you'll approve my change to "dexter blows goats" then? :biggrin:

The People's Chimp
Funniest.Thread.Ever.

Why it bothers people why other paid members want to change their name, is beyond me...

For the record, and for those interested - I changed mine as well.

I kinda like the new look.

it's not really getting het up about someone changing the name, but annoyed at thereafter having to sift through their user details to see who is who....

Say What Again
it's not really getting het up about someone changing the name, but annoyed at thereafter having to sift through their user details to see who is who....

Exactly why it bothers me too.

I maybe should have used 'frustrating' instead of 'annoying' in my post, but it is still a pain.

Archived