Experience

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Listen massive fan of the young guys, they will do well for us in the future but surely tonight was a night for some experience... Sutton, driver even novi... FFS

J.T.F.Robertson

People moan when they're not played, then moan when they are. The only way they're going to learn (assuming, of course, they have the ability in the first place) is to play and I'm afraid that means going through shite like tonight.

Maybe want to tell that clown mclynn that buddy, because he is the problem the fact he has not got a clue, you only had to look at our bench tonight for experince, beyond me why that fool mcglynn can't see that

Agree. Men against boys at times.

What i dont get is we cant score goals but wont try anything different.

Smith and Sutton up top for me would score in spl and novi has been our best player.

Experience key for Sun

Experience? While McHattie was out of position for 3 of the goals, he was let down by Zal for the first and fourth, Barr for the second and Stevenson for the third.

It was the "experience" that let us down tonight.

kingantti1874

People moan when they're not played, then moan when they are. The only way they're going to learn (assuming, of course, they have the ability in the first place) is to play and I'm afraid that means going through shite like tonight.

Listen I'm not slagging the kids, holt and walker in particular have bucket loads of ability an will e great.. But mcglynn must have known tht we'd be under the cosh tonight an would have I dig it out... No need to put the kids in that position, at least not all of them at the same time...

Quite frankly Sutton is murder and leaving in the summer if not before. So I am for giving game time to the other young guys. I agree though would have thought Smith was worth a try. However, successive managers have not given him much of a chance and thy see him every day in training.

What is an absolute definite though is that Novikovas should start every game. The only attacking player with any quality.

Rubbish. Our defence is under pressure every week. Patterson is a good player but our lack of anything up top is killing us.

Back to the drawing board as we are better than that tonight and better than 9th and our lack of goals

our lack of goals is embarrassing, in all my years supporting Hearts I have never seen us so weak in attack and it is killing us.

Stuart McNeill

You wont earn much experience getting hammered every week!

Those young players are fantastic and deserve all the credit!

The younger players seem to be doing fine indeed, but John McGlynn seems to have zero tactical flexibility. We do have a squad of individual players who are far better than the results - and that reflects on the manager/motivation/tactics. At 3-0 down, you might as well do something radical like throw, oh I don't know, TWO players up front. 3-0 or 6-3 still gets you zero points but at least you make a game of it!!! Can Sutton really not score goals? Is Smith really bad in training? Why is Novikovas sitting on the bench? Why bring on Taouil who seems to contribute only slightly more than Obua?

I'm very, very worried about Sunday...

Seymour M Hersh

Experience? While McHattie was out of position for 3 of the goals, he was let down by Zal for the first and fourth, Barr for the second and Stevenson for the third.

Actually The problem with the first goal was McGowan and Stevenson standing off the scum ******* and allowing him all the time in the world to cross.

Actually The problem with the first goal was McGowan and Stevenson standing off the scum ******* and allowing him all the time in the world to cross.

Another two experienced players then?

Quite frankly Sutton is murder and leaving in the summer if not before. So I am for giving game time to the other young guys. I agree though would have thought Smith was worth a try. However, successive managers have not given him much of a chance and thy see him every day in training.

What is an absolute definite though is that Novikovas should start every game. The only attacking player with any quality.

you say that sutton is murder what is that based on? a guy that scored 17 goals for a mediocre motherwell side and yet for some reason doesnt get a start in our side? he can score goals and unless i am very much mistaken we are crying out for a goal scorer and yet we start yet another game with no recognised striker on the pitch! we really need to change things and at least have an actual striker on the pitch and personally i would like to see 2 up front. we are getting crap results so may6 as well go for it. we control huge amount of game albeit not tonight but we have nothing in the final third of the pitch

Don't agree with this... We have had plenty of games against weaker teams this season when could have played more of he younger players. Doesn't make a lot of sense to do this against Celtic, but against the likes of Dundee it's worth a go.

No fan of Sutton, but surely has to start ahead of a 17 year old defender or stevenson. Also thought Smith looked good when he came on against dundee. Mcglynn refuses to acknowledge that playing paterson up front isnt working.

Armadale Jambo

Sutton is murder, driver is a shadow of his former self, taoul looks like he hasnt kicked a baw for months - I'd rather stick with the young lads

HeartsForever

The last time we played H1b5 in the Scottish Cup Celtic had just pumped us in the league. Just sayin ??

Only Webster, Zaliukas & Barr were the ones who started that have been playing first team football for over a year. MacDonald and Ryan McGowan were on the fringes but only started playing regularly last season. McHattie, D.McGowan, Walker, Holt and Paterson have all broke through this season. Then there's Stevenson who has been playing First Division football for most of his career.

Edit - Barr could also be considered as one of the players who was on the fringes actually. So technically only Webster and Zaliukas.

To be honest, the players will learn far more from that kind of game than a scrappy 1-0 at home to St Mirren. a harsh lesson, but shows the importance of full concentration and physical presence. The young boys should be persevered with.

We do however, need to sort out the forward position. Sutton us too immobile for a 4-5-1, Patterson and Stevenson clearly can't play there. Either we try Smith, or we play 2 up.

What makes you say that?

I'd rather not say as it is little more than talk. If I said it and it turned out to be false, he'd be laden with Chinese takeaway before you can say "stop smiling". For what it's worth, I hope it isn't true as I rate the kid, but, time will tell.

Malinga the Swinga

I'd rather not say as it is little more than talk. If I said it and it turned out to be false, he'd be laden with Chinese takeaway before you can say "stop smiling". For what it's worth, I hope it isn't true as I rate the kid, but, time will tell.

Fair enough

The Mighty Thor

Pictures of the boaby over t'internet?

Continue to be really impressed with the young players. Thought Holt and especially Walker shone again tonight.

All the teams who have been taking points from Celtic are filled with experienced journeymen. We're playing half a youth team and it showed. But the young players kept going and I think they will keep getting better as a result of the experience they are getting :thumb:

Keeper at fault for 4th. Hooper has tap in from 4 yds

Caspian Primrose

great to see the youngsters in the team. they look enthusiastic, hungry and technically better than the experienced players mentioned in the O.P.

we were always in for a pounding the night with the way the manager sets the team up without a striker.

It was brutal to watch at times but I saw alot of positives tonight and that will help me sleep tonight. got pumped off a fired up Celtic team that beat Barcelona...im over it already.

bring on the Hibees!!!!

Continue to be really impressed with the young players. Thought Holt and especially Walker shone again tonight.

All the teams who have been taking points from Celtic are filled with experienced journeymen. We're playing half a youth team and it showed. But the young players kept going and I think they will keep getting better as a result of the experience they are getting :thumb:

Nice to see someone speaking some sense! They were going to get any better by watching the game from the stands. They earned their respective places, they all gave it their best, and they'll hopefully come away all the better for it.

McGlynn has been as good as his word in giving youth a chance, and he should be congratulated for that at least. We've been crying out to see more of Holt, Walker, etc. and now we're seeing them produce on a weekly basis. Let's get behind them...the future's bright!

The young guys were our best players tonight going forward. Yes they lacked experience defensively but we were always going to struggle tonight. Wee Holt definitely looks a good player, not scared to get on the ball and links up the play well. Stick with them for Sunday and we'll dump that wee team out the Cup

Patterson will end up going the same way as Clum unless he is 'managed' properly. Leaving him isolated and losing confidence every week is not helping him.

I like Paterson but he is wasted playing the main striker role get him into midfield where he belongs.

Grumpy

Jambof3tornado

I like Paterson but he is wasted playing the main striker role get him into midfield where he belongs.

Grumpy

Or give him a striker as a partner.

magicjohnston

At 3-0 down why not hang your dick out and throw a forward on!!!! Ffs mcglynn is an erse

By then it was damage limitations, there was no way mcglynn was making a positive change. Injuries didn't help though

There's no question that players with a bit of experience should have started the game tongiht i.e. Driver and/or Sutton. Having a Rudi or a Beattie on the park would have helped...

Keeper at fault for 4th. Hooper has tap in from 4 yds

This seems even crazier second time reading it. You've basically answered your own question. Do you honestly expect MacDonald to save a tap in from 4 yards?

tartofmidlothian

You've heard as well? :(

Are we talking Thomson Mk.2? Should we be readying the PEEDOS OUT!! banners again?

mahgrassyshoes

We played 442 at Utd in the cup and looked more a threat until barr got sent off. Never played like that since.

Incorrect, we played it the following Saturday and we were absolutely pish against the side rooted to the bottom of the League.

The experienced players have let us down all year. None of them are willing to take responsibility and drive us forward, take a risk trying to create something (Zal excepted). It's been so refreshing having Jason Holt in the team. A midfielder who always looks for the ball regardless of whether he is marked or not. A man who is willing to run at men and take risks with passes to create something. I'd much rather watch the youth for the rest of the season that the "experienced" players who have continually let us down this season. It's embarrassing watching our "experienced" players who have been playing the game for years be technically outclassed by the current crop of youngsters.

The People's Chimp

Was Stevenson playing.....hopeless

Thought his set pieces were at least half decent. He looks really unfit though.

This seems even crazier second time reading it. You've basically answered your own question. Do you honestly expect MacDonald to save a tap in from 4 yards?

Well maybe he could if he came off his line for a cross that's about 5 yrds from his goal line rather than waiting and hoping that a defender who is running towards his own goal will do anything about it. A shout to Zal and four paces was all that was needed to get to the ball ahead of Hooper.

Archived