This week's Ryan Stevenson thread

tartofmidlothian

I thought he was great for about 15 mins in his first game back when he was plsyed right up top.McGlynn then changed it and put Paterson up top in that game and Stevrnson fell right out thst game and has hardly played well again since.Has he played right up top since?

As he has been pish when we have played him as a DM,AM and RM.Ah forget it the guys just shit.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

His heart isn't in it either, first time around he masked his shiteness by running around a lot, he was grateful to get his move and it showed .. It isn't there now.. Not only is he shite, he runs around like a billy big baws.. Stevenson was finished at hearts when he broke ranks

It beggars belief.

One guy couldn't give a **** about the club and the other an absolute legend who loves the club and the fans and was our talisman.John Murray hang your head in shame/John McGlynn hang your heads in shame.

Plays out wide but never stays there, can't lead the line, can barely run 5 yards, yet gets 90 minutes every week.

I've not even touched on the fact he's a complete throbber.

Makes me feel physically ill.

He makes me feel like Daley Thomson in his prime.

How can he look less fit now than when he left the 3rd tier of Scottish football 2 and a bit years ago?

Floyd Mayweather

How could we have signed Rudi instead of Stevenson? I thought Ipswich were picking up part of his salary until the end of the season?

Alba gu Brath

Needs to get fitter for sure.

However, he could be the kind of player to do well against Hibs. At the very least he should stand up to their donkey tactics though with McFlake and Deegan out, Hibs' 'muscle' is wearing thin.

Your hero and mine Mr Sergio played Ryan Stevenson as his first choice striker. McGlynn is now getting dog's abuse for doing the same.

The problem is the way the team's set up, no support and very little movement along with his lack of fitness mean that he just looks horrendous

at the moment. I don't think it is his fault.

But then, Zaliukas is everyone's top boey now and Driver is out the team so we need to find a scapegoat to have a thread about every week eh :rolleyes:

Your hero and mine Mr Sergio played Ryan Stevenson as his first choice striker. McGlynn is now getting dog's abuse for doing the same.

The problem is the way the team's set up, no support and very little movement along with his lack of fitness mean that he just looks horrendous

But then, Zaliukas is everyone's top boey now and Driver is out the team so we need to find a scapegoat to have a thread about every week eh :rolleyes:

Come on now Tommy, he's not being played up front and his effort and fitness levels are not at the level they were then.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You've chucked it on this matter son.

How is a lack of fitness not his fault? It's not even that, it's the way he sulks after a misplaced pass or if a move doesn't go right. His attitude is stinking. He was played right midfield today, so the excuse of no creativity and little movement can't really be used in his favour because it should be him that's providing those things. Instead, the few times he picked up the ball he would just shoot from ridiculous distances with little thought about what is going on around him.

There was one great run by Zaliukas and if had just played a simple pass he was in on goal. The guy was a ******* mile in space, yet Stevenson failed to see that and played a shit pass out wide. He is humpty.

Stevenson played a few games for Mr Sergio because there was literally no one else. Once we got shot of him and Beattie came in, we were like a different team.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I didn't even realize he was playing in the 2nd half as the commentators didn't mention him until about 80 mins gone. Waste of time.

How is a lack of fitness not his fault? It's not even that, it's the way he sulks after a misplaced pass or if a move doesn't go right. His attitude is stinking. He was played right midfield today, so the excuse of no creativity and little movement can't really be used in his favour because it should be him that's providing those things. Instead, the few times he picked up the ball he would just shoot from ridiculous distances with little thought about what is going on around him.

There was one great run by Zaliukas and if had just played a simple pass he was in on goal. The guy was a ******* mile in space, yet Stevenson failed to see that and played a shit pass out wide. He is humpty.

Stevenson played a few games for Mr Sergio because there was literally no one else. Once we got shot of him and Beattie came in, we were like a different team.

Spot on, has been a passenger since his return.

3 years contract, whoever gave him that needs to be shown the door immediately

I'm sure it'll work out for Stevenson and he'll get back to the form he showed under JJ and Paolo.

Floyd Mayweather

Reminds me a bit of Michael Stewart at the moment the way he struts about the park blaming everyone else for what's going on around him.

You'll pop a blood vessel Partridge.

Didn't watch the game today so can't comment on any of that, other than what the **** was he doing being played on the right wing? I mean, that is beyond a joke. No wonder he was gash if that's right :lol: In terms of fitness; after he left for Ipswich he barely played a minute of football. It'll take time for him to build up sharpness, especially being shunted here there and everywhere. If he's not showing his best form under McGlynn where he did under JJ and Sergio, he's hardly alone in that regard is he?

Also, he played under Sergio because "there was no one else" you've said there - the options then were Smith and Sutton. The options now any different likes?

I find it very hard to criticise players who have shown what they can do for us in the past but are being misused by current management. The boy has never been a great player, but knives out for him when he's being played right wing, defensive midfield and Christ knows where else? Not for me.

i find it incredible we signed him when we could have had rudi :10800:

He was the cheap option. And it shows....

:sob:

I find it very hard to criticise players who have shown what they can do for us in the past but are being misused by current management. The boy has never been a great player, but knives out for him when he's being played right wing, defensive midfield and Christ knows where else? Not for me.

My issue is he can't nail down a position, despite my thoughts on McGlynn who can't seem to change things when we're up against it.

My issue is he can't nail down a position, despite my thoughts on McGlynn who can't seem to change things when we're up against it.

Yet he nailed down a position when he was last here under competent managers. I'm reserving judgement on our players until we have that again tbh

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You'll pop a blood vessel Partridge.

Didn't watch the game today so can't comment on any of that, other than what the **** was he doing being played on the right wing? I mean, that is beyond a joke. No wonder he was gash if that's right :lol: In terms of fitness; after he left for Ipswich he barely played a minute of football. It'll take time for him to build up sharpness, especially being shunted here there and everywhere. If he's not showing his best form under McGlynn where he did under JJ and Sergio, he's hardly alone in that regard is he?

Also, he played under Sergio because "there was no one else" you've said there - the options then were Smith and Sutton. The options now any different likes?

:lol:

I'm perfectly calm.

On fitness - I'm not talking about match fitness, I mean fitness in general. He's about 3/4 of a stone above fighting weight, and that is a sign of a poor attitude for me.

The rest of it - I thought he was terrible under every Hearts manager he's played under, so we are coming from different angles on that.

Nelly Terraces

That **** Murray, laughably, our DoF has so far brought his mate John 0-0 McGlynn in, and 'scouted' a division 1 subsitute back to our club. Great work you mug. Stevenson is f'ing torture and adds nothing to our team.

Sack. Now.

Stevo has limited ability, but he used to work his socks off. Now, he is unfit and can't be bothered. It can't be good for the young lads having him as a role model.

Having said that, it's not helping him by playing him in a different position each week. Same goes for Patterson.

We need two up front, or have a more offensive midfield lineup.

I'm sure it'll work out for Stevenson and he'll get back to the form he showed under JJ and Paolo.

And i'm sure he's not one who has deferred their wages !!! Just sayin

I thought he was much better today.

Dont know if you was at the game or watched it on TV but from my view behind the goals he was awful, a complete waste of a wage, we are trying to save money not waste it on this. If this was a McGlynne signing its time to hold the hands up and bin him

Nonsense. The laddie is awful. I'm not saying he is in position/out of position, I'm just saying he is yad. I've only ever hated one other Hearts player whilst they were at the club. He's not as bad as Jamie McAllister but he's in that bracket for me.

i hereby offer my services to hearts.I will play for hearts and do exactly what Stevo does on the park but i wont take a penny for doing it.So john mcglynn for christ sake play someone else up front or possibly two

he isnt playing anywhere from what i see he just there to make up the numbers along with some of the others

One guy couldn't give a **** about the club and the other an absolute legend who loves the club and the fans and was our talisman.John Murray hang your head in shame/John McGlynn hang your heads in shame.

Why do we need John Murray - its not like were going to be signing anyone soon so this could be a reduction in costs

Utter shite, and a waste of skin!

How some people think he has contributed anything since he has being back is beyond me!

Nonsense. The laddie is awful. I'm not saying he is in position/out of position, I'm just saying he is yad. I've only ever hated one other Hearts player whilst they were at the club. He's not as bad as Jamie McAllister but he's in that bracket for me.

Fully aware that there is zero point in arguing with you, given you don't respond well to disagreement, but he did a perfectly good job in his first spell. Never a brilliant player but a valuable member of the team and called up to a Scotland squad as reward for good form and important goals.

Behaved like a ****** when he left and I get that it is easy to slate a player you don't already like, but the boy is coming into a team that already was under performing with a poor manager and has been played out of position all over the shop. Right wing yesterday FFS :lol:

Same as how I didn't criticise mcgowan's awful performances in the Totti role, I can't criticise Stevenson when he is being used so poorly.

IMO you can't be harsh on him at the end of the day he aint a striker, if McGlynn has decided he's our goal threat then we are in trouble cause we aint going to score goals.

holt and walker have showed us the likes of driver and taouil are a waste of money the youngers will give you 100% all the time , smith should be given a go upfront.

youngsters are the way forward for us , oh and please rest paterson for god sake!

Fully aware that there is zero point in arguing with you, given you don't respond well to disagreement, but he did a perfectly good job in his first spell. Never a brilliant player but a valuable member of the team and called up to a Scotland squad as reward for good form and important goals.

Behaved like a ****** when he left and I get that it is easy to slate a player you don't already like, but the boy is coming into a team that already was under performing with a poor manager and has been played out of position all over the shop. Right wing yesterday FFS :lol:

Same as how I didn't criticise mcgowan's awful performances in the Totti role, I can't criticise Stevenson when he is being used so poorly.

Your spot on about playing right midfield but he is too slow for centre mid so does that leave him with being played upfront?

He did do a decent job in his first stint but we would probably agree he had better players around him.

IMHO if Stevenson plays in this team it needs to be with a partner upfront, whether that is Sutton or Smith or whoever, but doubt McGlynn will ever go 2 up top

Fully aware that there is zero point in arguing with you, given you don't respond well to disagreement,

:rofl:

I'm sorry, precious! :)

but he did a perfectly good job in his first spell. Never a brilliant player but a valuable member of the team and called up to a Scotland squad as reward for good form and important goals.

He was average first spell and, for me, less than that now. He seems to lack the desire that he did as an unproven player from the lower leagues. Shame really, as the desire was one of his assets. I appreciate the positional comment you make as he is being shuffled around, but for me he's being shuffled around as he's been shit everywhere he has played this season.

Cant help but think that Stevenson gets such a hard time on here from many due to his nationality.

I'm sure he wouldn't get such a hard time if he was a 'guid Lithuanian laddie' rather than a dirty jock.

Sad in this day and age really.

;-))

He actually stresses me out. Makes no effort to chase balls down, expects the ball to come right to him and if it doesn't he won't bother his arse. Beginning to think his wife made sure there was some clause in his contract that allowed him to play the full 90 of every game.

Cant help but think that Stevenson gets such a hard time on here from many due to his nationality.

I'm sure he wouldn't get such a hard time if he was a 'guid Lithuanian laddie' rather than a dirty jock.

Sad in this day and age really.

;-))

:awful:

I'm sorry, precious! :)

Just an observation I've made as an objective observer. You love a wee lash out when someone disagrees with you. Good job I've got lots of posts or you would no doubt pull out your party trick of throwing out a wee Hibs supporter accusation :)

He's only played about 10 games since coming back to the club. So hopefully he will improve much the same as he did the last time he came to the club.

I think he's only a goal away from rediscovering his form.

He's only played about 10 games since coming back to the club. So hopefully he will improve much the same as he did the last time he came to the club.

I think he's only a goal away from rediscovering his form.

Unfortunately he looked quicker and sharper in his first appearance after returning than he has done since then.

I do think he'll score at ER on Sunday, though.

Maybe he has had a similar problem as Freddie

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/ljungberg-infected-by-his-tattoos-7250919.html

Maybe! I tend to attribute his form to the general malaise that afflicts semi-decent players who arrive in or return to the SPL. It never takes them long to realise that mediocrity is the gold standard here. Lack of fitness, speed, work ethic and will to win are no barrier to continued selection.

Just an observation I've made as an objective observer. You love a wee lash out when someone disagrees with you. Good job I've got lots of posts or you would no doubt pull out your party trick of throwing out a wee Hibs supporter accusation :)

I'm glad you pay so much attention to me. :wub:

Having said that, I'm gutted you don't pay enough attention as you obviously have me confused with somebody else. I cannot recall calling any poster a Hibs supporter just because they disagree with me.

You give it with one hand...... :sad:

Archived