U20s away to Hamilton tonight

Ross21

Sorry for the late update, but the u20s are away to Hamilton at New Douglas Park, 7pm kick off

I'm not going along but will post updates

Hamilton Accies just tweeted Hearts team

@acciesfc: Hearts: Ridgers King McHatty Prychenenoko McGhee Mullens Oliver Robinson Smith Nicholson King

@acciesfc: Hearts subs G Scott Keegan Beith A Scott Thomson Hamilton

Just got ripped off Hamilton for correcting the spelling whilst making an error of my own

Footballfirst

It was Billy King who scored Hearts 2nd goal. Billy and Gary Oliver were numbered incorrectly on the teamsheet, hence the confusion. They were also within a yard of one another when the goal was scored.

It was a bit disappointing from a Hearts viewpoint as they lost two soft goals, the first following a Ridgers two fisted punch flap that was knocked goalwards, which Kevin McHattie blocked on the line but the Accies player (in a clearly offside position) knocked the rebound into the net.

Sam Nicholson was upended for the Hearts penalty just a couple of mins later that Scott Robinson dispspatched with some aplomb.

Billy King put Hearts ahead after a good break down the right channel by Fraser Mullen and his cutback was finished well.

A minute later Adam King's attempted passback was then either mishit, misdirected of deflected into the path of an Accies player who cut the ball back for an easy finish.

Billy King and Gary Oliver missed decent chances in the 2nd half, whilst Denis P saw a 35 yard free kick well saved.

Best for Hearts was Billy King in the first half, but I'd give motm to Sam Nicholson who took a lot of punishment (must have been fouled around 10 times), but still got up every time to consistently threaten the Accies defence with his movement and pace.

jamboinglasgow

One thing I thought was funny and really positive thing for Hearts fans to hear was a moment in the first half. Gary Oliver had the ball on the left wing, he was facing a defender with the ball on his right foot. The Hamilton coach yells at the defender "keep straight, he is right sided." Just a second after the coach had yelled that, Oliver knocks the ball to his left foot, gets half a yard past the defender and crosses the ball in with his left foot."

One thing I thought was funny and really positive thing for Hearts fans to hear was a moment in the first half. Gary Oliver had the ball on the left wing, he was facing a defender with the ball on his right foot. The Hamilton coach yells at the defender "keep straight, he is right sided." Just a second after the coach had yelled that, Oliver knocks the ball to his left foot, gets half a yard past the defender and crosses the ball in with his left foot."

Excellent!

Saw the team bus arriving when I was picking up my daughter from nursery, just a pity it wasn't a Wednesday night game or I would have been able to attend.

whats you're thoughts on this team just now FF.

i've not got along to any of the u20's games this season

hows denis playing at centre half, hows mullins fitting in as a midfielder?

and is there any of the younger lads standing out?

Footballfirst

whats you're thoughts on this team just now FF.

i've not got along to any of the u20's games this season

hows denis playing at centre half, hows mullins fitting in as a midfielder?

and is there any of the younger lads standing out?

Denis may well have found his perfect role. I think he actually enjoys the CB position as all the play is in front of him and he can start of moves from the back or on occasions drive forward himself.

Fraser's fine in the holding midfield role. He has a range of passing that is better than anyone else at that level and he will always get stuck in.

Of the younger lads, The King brothers, Sam Nicholson and Gary Oliver are all doing well and will be around next season.

Below that we have half a dozen U17s and maybe another 3 or 4 U16s who will take up the places of those who are too old next season.

The real question is how many of the current U20s will be kept on. Holt Walker and D Smith all have contracts for next season. Tapping, McHattie, Mullen & McKay don't as yet to my knowledge. It may depend on how many "senior" players are released at the end of the season.

Denis may well have found his perfect role. I think he actually enjoys the CB position as all the play is in front of him and he can start of moves from the back or on occasions drive forward himself.

Fraser's fine in the holding midfield role. He has a range of passing that is better than anyone else at that level and he will always get stuck in.

Of the younger lads, The King brothers, Sam Nicholson and Gary Oliver are all doing well and will be around next season.

Below that we have half a dozen U17s and maybe another 3 or 4 U16s who will take up the places of those who are too old next season.

The real question is how many of the current U20s will be kept on. Holt Walker and D Smith all have contracts for next season. Tapping, McHattie, Mullen & McKay don't as yet to my knowledge. It may depend on how many "senior" players are released at the end of the season.

i'd be dissapointed not to see those named at the end there kept on. i'd also be surprized as we are likely going to have plenty gaps in the first team squad that can be filled with inexpensive youngsters

mckay always looked the stand out at centre half when i saw him last year and along with denis they could become vital as zal and webster will be 2 of the first names on the cost cutting list

The real question is how many of the current U20s will be kept on. Holt Walker and D Smith all have contracts for next season. Tapping, McHattie, Mullen & McKay don't as yet to my knowledge. It

may depend on how many "senior" players are released at the end of the season.

B King is another one who is out of contract at end of season. S Nicolson, A King and G oliver have another season ? G Scott an M Thomson ?

Archived