Wireless Hard drives.

magicjohnston

magicjohnston

Hey Guys,

I remember there was a thread a wee while ago, but I can't find it, about wireless hard drives.

I was hoping people had might have experiences of which ones are good to use, internet reviews are all so varied.

Getting fed up of using a usb hard drive to transfer videos and films, to and from the laptop to watch when the memory is full.

Looking at one that I can keep on constantly to allow me to stream videos etc. through the xbox or laptop at my leisure without too much faffing...

a couple that came up were the WD my live book, 2tb. and the iomega home media, cloud edition, 2tb. Any suggestions?

Cheers for any info!

BoJack Horseman

If you already have an external HD you can get attachments that will turn them into wireless drives.

My router has a usb port on the back. I plug my hdd into that and share media from there. Maybe cheaper to replace router, maybe?

magicjohnston

Thats actually a really good idea, i do have usb ports on the sky router, will give a bash when i get home from work.

cheers

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

i bought this WD my live book, 2tb for treaming through my TV, no problems with it and easy to set up. Would recommend

Archived