Too many cooks

hughesie27

What do we do? Who do we support?

We have 3 large bodies now asking for our money to help save Hearts.

Hearts themselves through the share scheme

1874 fighting fund - with connections to ex players

Foundation of Hearts - Only folk who have made a bid for the club yet and backed by reasonably wealthy individuals as well as Donald Ford

We need 1 pot to throw our cash into and the more folk asking for money the more diluted the funds become, spread out across a strw of bank accounts doing not very much at all to help anybody?

Should 1874 and FoH join forces?

Should Hearts and FoH join forces?

There needs to be some consensus and direction as we are talking about thousands of pounds here...

What are other thoughts?

It doesn't really help that we know very little about the plan either of the new groups have, other than a sentence or 2 about their aim.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Foundation of Hearts aren't asking for money?

They just want you to indicate if you would be willing to back them if they took over the club.

There are still choices. Rather like which cancer charity do to donate too. Too many organisations can actually be a hindrance.

Personally, I have given direct to the club.

I'd have thought that 1874FF would join with FoH now to go forward as one body with the intention of doing a deal with Romanov.

If then they realise they cannot commit to buying the whole club they may be able to work with Romanov in some way that would mean they run the club but Romanov still owns Tynie until we can afford to buy it from him or mortgage it from him

Francis Albert

1874 and Foundation will join forces imo.

I thought to date 1874 were raising money to put into Hearts on "a transparent basis"? It will be interesting to see how thay make a transition to not putting money into Hearts but into a potential new owner of Hearts (or the "stadium, brand and football rights" of Hearts.

It does seem a bit of a mess to me.

What do we do? Who do we support?

We have 3 large bodies now asking for our money to help save Hearts.

Hearts themselves through the share scheme

1874 fighting fund - with connections to ex players

Foundation of Hearts - Only folk who have made a bid for the club yet and backed by reasonably wealthy individuals as well as Donald Ford

We need 1 pot to throw our cash into and the more folk asking for money the more diluted the funds become, spread out across a strw of bank accounts doing not very much at all to help anybody?

Should 1874 and FoH join forces?

Should Hearts and FoH join forces?

There needs to be some consensus and direction as we are talking about thousands of pounds here...

What are other thoughts?

It doesn't really help that we know very little about the plan either of the new groups have, other than a sentence or 2 about their aim.

website now up and running they seem to have the support of Federation, shareholders Association and Gary Mackay of the 1874 FF.

http://www.foundationofhearts.org/

ToadKiller Dog

At this moment you continue buying shares , continue raising money selling out every home game we can .

It's a no brainier , the foundation may or may not succeed either way the club needs cash to see it through to the summer .

The foundation needs to continue talking with the support and with the club , I certainly am not ready to donate to them as yet .

They as yet don't have the support of the federation or the share holders trust , they have testimonials from leading figures it's a difference that should be noted , those two groups will have to hold full meetings and a vote before the foundation can have the full backing of both groups .

Optimus Prime

I think 1874 and FOH will have no choice but to merge at somepoint. Until FOH (who haven't asked for money yet tbf) come up with some concrete proposals and make a credible move for ownership of the club all cash should be directed to the club.

I was disappointed with everything I've read on the club's website in the last couple of days, from the indication that the club is willing to cut off its nose to spite its face with regard to 1874 FF to the scornful dismissal of the FoH initiative; disappointed principally because both statements seemed to speak of closed minds at a time when there needs to be openness. Despite the pretty words about fan control in the share brochure, I'm getting the opposite message from HMFC at the moment. There may come a time when those responsible realise that the fans deserve rather more than simply the full-on Geldof-esque "Give us your ******* money" treatment. Let's hope so.

For that reason I'm very open to giving funds to 1874 FF and pledging money to FoH. I'll keep a close eye on the share issue but won't be giving any more as things stand.

I think 1874 and FOH will have no choice but to merge at somepoint. Until FOH (who haven't asked for money yet tbf) come up with some concrete proposals and make a credible move for ownership of the club all cash should be directed to the club.

The more cash that goes directly to the club the less likely that Vlad will sell up. I quite like the idea of donated money being filtered through 1874, to show Vlad and his allies on the Hearts management team that we cannot trust them any more.

Agreed that 1874 and FoH must align and I think the endorsement by Gary Mackay shows that they will do that.

Get behind them folks, it's our best chance.

I was disappointed with everything I've read on the club's website in the last couple of days, from the indication that the club is willing to cut off its nose to spite its face with regard to 1874 FF to the scornful dismissal of the FoH initiative; disappointed principally because both statements seemed to speak of closed minds at a time when there needs to be openness. Despite the pretty words about fan control in the share brochure, I'm getting the opposite message from HMFC at the moment. There may come a time when those responsible realise that the fans deserve rather more than simply the full-on Geldof-esque "Give us your ******* money" treatment. Let's hope so.

For that reason I'm very open to giving funds to 1874 FF and pledging money to FoH. I'll keep a close eye on the share issue but won't be giving any more as things stand.

Well said sir. The club can't on the one hand give us all the emotional blackmail "give us your money" stuff and on the other hand scornfully dismiss genuine attempts to bring the club into the ownership of the fans.

At this moment you continue buying shares , continue raising money selling out every home game we can .

It's a no brainier , the foundation may or may not succeed either way the club needs cash to see it through to the summer .

The foundation needs to continue talking with the support and with the club , I certainly am not ready to donate to them as yet .

They as yet don't have the support of the federation or the share holders trust , they have testimonials from leading figures it's a difference that should be noted , those two groups will have to hold full meetings and a vote before the foundation can have the full backing of both groups .

I agree with this. The fact is that any sale of the club is unlikely to happen very quickly - and we should not lose sight of the fact that there is a shortfall in income that needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency. The positive thing is that with all the players out of contract at the end of the season - assuming we can somehow bridge the gap between now and then - we will then finally be in a position to live within our means. I also think that its imperative that the club start making contingency plans for the (potential) big tax bill.

john brownlee

Well said sir. The club can't on the one hand give us all the emotional blackmail "give us your money" stuff and on the other hand scornfully dismiss genuine attempts to bring the club into the ownership of the fans.

would you sell your house or car before checking that the buyer achually has money... no I don't think so at least give the board the chance to either check them out or maybe they already have and decided to turn down an offer that is no where near the value or the funds, either way I'm sure you would do that, or maybe not gooing by your reply

ToadKiller Dog

To me it looks like the board at this time has turned them down flatly , With the board talking directly to the supporters contro/ government scheme people .

Hence the Foundation needed to come out argue its case and needs to show a large % of fans on its side as it tries to put pressure on the club as I don't as yet feel they have the money at hand to do so or have fully explained their plans , that will come hopefully .

The club as ever are playing there cards close also .

Lots more thinking and questioning needing to be made before a decision in my part . We have a bit if time now with the tax payments agreed .

No rush to jump behind any banner yet .

It's straightforward for me ... Support the clubs cash flow by going to the games but fundraising money should start to be directed into unified fund to take over the club. Taking ownership drip by drip of a club with ?23m debt is lunacy ... It just means vlad will sit tight knowing money coming in to buy his shares whilst his bank can finish the club when it chooses.

I see GM's involvement with 1874FF & his appearance on the FoH 'legend testimonial' page as quite telling that the two might be closer to working together than we think.

I see GM's involvement with 1874FF & his appearance on the FoH 'legend testimonial' page as quite telling that the two might be closer to working together than we think.

Yup, could be the 1874FF is part of the funding vehicle, with the FoH being the acquisition vehicle.

The club need the money now, we need to bridge the gap which is 2million til the end of the year! IMO we need to get behind the club, once the shares are all gone and the end of the season is secured then let's get behind FoH etc!

I think people fundraising have to be up front and direct and say who the money is going to! If you are fundraising for your own piss pot then say so, right now far too many question that FoH need to answer before people can commit, and as for FF1874, when the questions were asked a few days ago, they choose not to answer them and run away from a thread they started.

We seen what happens, when the support is divided, lets unite now for the sake of the club, once the short term is saved then look at how we can get our club back.

The club need the money now, we need to bridge the gap which is 2million til the end of the year! IMO we need to get behind the club, once the shares are all gone and the end of the season is secured then let's get behind FoH etc!

I think people fundraising have to be up front and direct and say who the money is going to! If you are fundraising for your own piss pot then say so, right now far too many question that FoH need to answer before people can commit, and as for FF1874, when the questions were asked a few days ago, they choose not to answer them and run away from a thread they started.

We seen what happens, when the support is divided, lets unite now for the sake of the club, once the short term is saved then look at how we can get our club back.

This. A million times this.

It is SO important that people have a good sense of where their money is going.

If you're contributing to any of the fundraisers surely the first thing you find out is if the cash YOU contribute is going to what YOU want it to.

If you want to donate to the FF fine. If you want to donate to the club fine. If any event says it's raising money for something but donates it to another then it compromises the integrity of the event and the organisation it's donating to.

If we're all raising money the way we feel we should be then great - not everyone's going to agree but as long as everyone is up front and honest about it then nobody will have a problem with it. If not then all kinds of allegations will fly. It'll be ugly.

Yup, could be the 1874FF is part of the funding vehicle, with the FoH being the acquisition vehicle.

Starting to look that way.

The Fighting Fund guys have not really come back on and answered any of our questions yet either.

If any of you guys read this, some more information would be welcome.

What's the exact relationship between the Fighting Fund and the Foundation, If there even is one?

Starting to look that way.

The Fighting Fund guys have not really come back on and answered any of our questions yet either.

If any of you guys read this, some more information would be welcome.

What's the exact relationship between the Fighting Fund and the Foundation, If there even is one?

There's possibly another thread in which that question could be posed to Alex Mackie... :wink:

Archived