peter sheilds

bankies

can anyone help with any photographs of peter shields when he played for hearts from 1980-1983.just been on the london hearts website but couldn't see anywhere your support would be most appreciated

HillmanHearts

Excellent player - Got done by ***** McGrain - who never even got booked for the brutal over-the top "challenge" at Parkhead.

Jimmy McNulty
Excellent player - Got done by ***** McGrain - who never even got booked for the brutal over-the top "challenge" at Parkhead.

They were too busy sending off Bud...

Billy the Jambo

I remember a game against St Johnstone at Muirton when he scored a cracker of a goal from nearly the half way line .When he hit the shot i shouted to him WTF are you doing and as the ball went into the net he turned round and gave the finger .I suppose i deserved it

boabyarsebiscuit
I remember a game against St Johnstone at Muirton when he scored a cracker of a goal from nearly the half way line .When he hit the shot i shouted to him WTF are you doing and as the ball went into the net he turned round and gave the finger .I suppose i deserved it

I remember George Cowie scoring a 50-yarder at Muirton.

Nelly Terraces

My favourite Hearts goal. New Years eve 83. Fecking amazing. We were 1 down, then Doanld Park scored an absolute peach from outside the box. Thought that was a great goal until Georgey boy picks the ball up at the halfway with the wind behind his back and just let fly, I can still see it swerving and bending in the wind. Went totally ape**** when it hit the net, unreal goal. A few of my mates reckon it's their fave goal as well, guess cos it was George and the distance the shot was from. Got absolutely p*shed that night as well. It was New Year after all!

Oh, and Peter Shields, crackin player, did a job for us in Div 1. Mind him being banjoed by thug McGrain, who didn't even get booked, and Willie J got sent off for tapping Davy Provo on the head who then collapsed like he's been punched. Willie J went ape at that cheating barstewards antics. That was my 1st visit to Darkheid, realised there and then what a bunch of cheating barstewards they are.

Billy the Jambo

Was it Cowie oh well i got it wrong again i thought it was Shields .Who ever it was he gave me the finger for the abuse i gave him

Auld Reekin'
got this off the london hearts website in the programme covers

1981013101%20Celtic%200-3%20Tynecastle.jpg

Nae luck, Shieldsie... career ended by McGrain and the misfortune to look like Frank "jist a wee bit o' charlie" McAvennie!

One of our best players at that sorry time in our history.

Archived