The Club Needs To Come Clean

kljambo

How about some clarification from the club

1) How much has been raised for the share issue

2) What are the other donations to date(looks substantial)

3) What funds are UBIG if any paying to the funds

4)Is there an alternative consortium or not

5)Will/do we expect HMRC accept our payment plan

could go on and on but somebody within thin the club needs to tell the fans what is going on AND NOW!!

answers to most of these questions would be spun by the media to make fans think that any more action by us is hopeless or unnecessary depending on whether we're doing well or not.

answers to most of these questions would be spun by the media to make fans think that any more action by us is hopeless or unnecessary depending on whether we're doing well or not.

It might give the fence sitters a push though

Francis Albert

My guess

1) ?150 - 200k

2) ?50 - 100k

3) You're joking

4) Talk but no more

5) No (they have more or less said so)

Now how would the club confirming the above or something like it help or hinder?

What difference does it make? What benefit would they have bringing out thse numbers now?

Like Foxy said, it they come out saying it has been a success then it will probably slow down the contributions and people who were planning to buy into the shares/donate etc. might have second thoughts.

Come out saying it is a failure and people will worry it's too late and you will also anger the people who have already contributed hundreds and thousands of pounds.

The announcements made last week should be enough, for now, to get everyone donating as much money as they can possibly afford. Once we are past the tax bills then it would be a more suitable time for updates from the board.

I agree that it could be manipulated by media and give the wrong message to fans, but also think there needs to be an announcement to some degree.

If we are only a few days away from bill being due then surely its worth the "risk" of just announcing the hard facts and figures. I for one would be furious if (just guessing worst case scenario) we ended up say ?50grand short and the club said "oh we didnt want to tell fans incase you stopped donating thinking we were close enough". Imagine that, i would hope something like the above figure would spur us over the line over next few days.

If were still miles off the mark then tell us, time is running out so we need clear direction. Let the media do what they want, were all big enough and ugly enough to make our own decisions on how to take the news

I agree that it could be manipulated by media and give the wrong message to fans, but also think there needs to be an announcement to some degree.

If we are only a few days away from bill being due then surely its worth the "risk" of just announcing the hard facts and figures. I for one would be furious if (just guessing worst case scenario) we ended up say ?50grand short and the club said "oh we didnt want to tell fans incase you stopped donating thinking we were close enough". Imagine that, i would hope something like the above figure would spur us over the line over next few days.

If were still miles off the mark then tell us, time is running out so we need clear direction. Let the media do what they want, were all big enough and ugly enough to make our own decisions on how to take the news

That was the intention of my original post just some CLARITY as to where we are

What difference does it make? What benefit would they have bringing out thse numbers now?

Like Foxy said, it they come out saying it has been a success then it will probably slow down the contributions and people who were planning to buy into the shares/donate etc. might have second thoughts.

Come out saying it is a failure and people will worry it's too late and you will also anger the people who have already contributed hundreds and thousands of pounds.

The announcements made last week should be enough, for now, to get everyone donating as much money as they can possibly afford. Once we are past the tax bills then it would be a more suitable time for updates from the board.

So you only want the good news if we get there?I would much rather know before its too late that more is needed(only 2 days left)

Just keep it going apace and see where we are at the deadline. :)

Bet we're no a kick in the baws off it on Thursday.

Will be a real KICK IN THE BAWS if we are not God forbid

could go on and on but somebody within thin the club needs to tell the fans what is going on AND NOW!!

IMO

1 & 2 have been answered well by others.

3 I would guess as little as possible. If they do intend to meet this tax bill AND staff wages they will presumably pay whatever balance (beyond contributions) is required in the form of a loan.

4 They'd be mad to say.

5 Clearly not so far, otherwise that game would be over. They need to put something across that is solid, realistic and attainable. No ifs, ands or buts. As an example they MAY accept ?300k payment now with a cast iron guarantee (not just a promise or a hope) that the balance will be met in January from the Rangers money together with an assurance there will be no further defaults meantime. Unfortunately this begs the question of how certain or able are Rangers to pay.

ohwhenthegearts

seems like something going on at Tynie as SSN states live from Tynecastle at 12:oo noon!!

So you only want the good news if we get there?I would much rather know before its too late that more is needed(only 2 days left)

No, the announcements made in the last week should be enough to get everyone donating. If they came out today and said they have enough money for this weeks Tax bill, donations would inevitably slow down, but to concentrate only on this weeks tax bill is too shortsighted. I doubt anything will be announced until Thursday, unless an agreement for a repayment plan is agreed with HMRC earlier.

I also imagine that things are so fluid just now regards to discussions with HMRC/Consortiums etc. it would be hard to make a public statment that would be of any benefit to anyone right now.

seems like something going on at Tynie as SSN states live from Tynecastle at 12:oo noon!!

Hope So

Why?

Would the information make you give more or less?

I would suggest that if that is the case you probably are holding back on what you could give anyway....

Its funny that people on here recognise that the tax bill is the main immediate issue.

Yet the club didnt even mention it when the share issue first kicked off.

We'll never get transparency from the current incumbents at the club guys.

My guess

1) ?150 - 200k

2) ?50 - 100k

3) You're joking

4) Talk but no more

5) No (they have more or less said so)

Now how would the club confirming the above or something like it help or hinder?

What a refreshingly honest and to the point reply, with obviously a bit of knowledge in there.

It's a pity we couldn't have more responses like this on all threads.

All I am asking for is confirmation that the game is going ahead on Saturday (surely they would need to know this to plan staffing, security etc?). Everything else can wait.

All I am asking for is confirmation that the game is going ahead on Saturday (surely they would need to know this to plan staffing, security etc?). Everything else can wait.

I would presume it is going ahead until you have been told it isn't. They will have already booked all the things you have said already for this.

Why?

Would the information make you give more or less?

I would suggest that if that is the case you probably are holding back on what you could give anyway....

Already donated on here as i am sure most people on JKB have but would not want to donate more if the the outcome has /is already decided.Would much rather help out with the situation when all cards are on the table.Thats my take on it others obviously differ and i dont have a problem with their opinion and would expect mine to be treated the same

Its funny that people on here recognise that the tax bill is the main immediate issue.

Yet the club didnt even mention it when the share issue first kicked off.

We'll never get transparency from the current incumbents at the club guys.

They claim they had sort of "agreement" with the taxman and the latter changed his mind.

True or not it should have been mentioned even if it did come within the description "other operating costs".

I would presume it is going ahead until you have been told it isn't. They will have already booked all the things you have said already for this.

I guess, but surely this isn't a "count the pennies on Thursday morning to see if we can pay the bill" exercise?

No, the announcements made in the last week should be enough to get everyone donating. If they came out today and said they have enough money for this weeks Tax bill, donations would inevitably slow down, but to concentrate only on this weeks tax bill is too shortsighted. I doubt anything will be announced until Thursday, unless an agreement for a repayment plan is agreed with HMRC earlier.

I also imagine that things are so fluid just now regards to discussions with HMRC/Consortiums etc. it would be hard to make a public statment that would be of any benefit to anyone right now.

Quick enough at telling us they want our money though as we are in the dung.

I think the fans deserve a update on where we stand at this time.

Take our money but don't let us know whats going on......................transparency is still a word Hearts find hard to grasp.

Stinks like the bankers, bail us out but we will just keep doing what we did before and tell you nothing.

givememychoice

The Romanov era has been shrouded in lies, allegations and obfuscations. Remember at one AGM, when a bit of the finances were questioned Romanov Jr I believe it was said that it was none of our business. Yet now they are begging for our money.

Romanov would spend ?10m on a player if it was the right player.

"hearts have no debt".

The big tax case relates to potentially breaching tax regulations.

When the superstore moved, they didnt get planning permission, their view was "its our buildings we do what we want". (planning permission was got, by a contractor on their behalf).

I havent yet seen any kind of a plan to make Hearts a viable club financially.

Quick enough at telling us they want our money though as we are in the dung.

I think the fans deserve a update on where we stand at this time.

Take our money but don't let us know whats going on......................transparency is still a word Hearts find hard to grasp.

Stinks like the bankers, bail us out but we will just keep doing what we did before and tell you nothing.

That's the point though, there is no update to make. We are still in deep deep shit. We need everyone to donate as much as they can so we can make it until next Summer and shed a number of high wage earners.

Do you want a Blue Peter style totaliser thing going up the side of Tynecastle for every ?10,000 we raise or something? I just can't understand what benefit that would bring us right now.

blue-peter-totaliser.jpeg

Francis Albert

I hope that we don't look back and find we just may as well havemoney+down+the+drain.JPG

That's exactly the risk everyone is taking, wllingly and with eyes wide open.

The Romanov era has been shrouded in lies, allegations and obfuscations. Remember at one AGM, when a bit of the finances were questioned Romanov Jr I believe it was said that it was none of our business. Yet now they are begging for our money.

Romanov would spend ?10m on a player if it was the right player.

"hearts have no debt".

The big tax case relates to potentially breaching tax regulations.

When the superstore moved, they didnt get planning permission, their view was "its our buildings we do what we want". (planning permission was got, by a contractor on their behalf).

I havent yet seen any kind of a plan to make Hearts a viable club financially.

I think that related to about ?4m taken out of the accounts. If that were a provision for the big tax case that would be great. It was maybe around that time they had the possibility pointed out to them that their treatment of loan players might not accord with tax law. If they had answered the question , it might have been construed as an admission things were wrong. On the other hand that might just be my wishful thinking.

Archived