Ticketmaster

Paisley Jambo

Paisley Jambo

Admittedly over the last few seasons my trips to Tynecastle from Paisley have been few and far between. The majority of games I have been to were away matches, that obviously have no financial benefit to Hearts. The recent situation made me realise if I don't get myself, son and Dad through to Edinburgh more often there won't be a Hearts to support at Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Motherwell. From now on if I am going to go to support Hearts it will be at Tynecastle, so the money goes where it is needed.

I bought my tickets through club site and was happy to part with ?60.00 but was a bit pissed off at the ?4.50 fee to ticketmaster. I think it would only be correct that the extra profits ticketmaster are making on this game at least a percentage are paid to Hearts. If the crowd is 16,000 compared to usual 12,000 at St Mirren home fixture, then at ?1.50 per ticket commission,Ticketmaster have made ?6,000 at Hearts expense.

I realise Ticketmaster may give Hearts a % of commission on ?1.50 charged but the extra sales are lining Ticketmaster pockets, unless Hearts receive all commission, which I very much doubt.

Just a thought!

tartofmidlothian

Admittedly over the last few seasons my trips to Tynecastle from Paisley have been few and far between. The majority of games I have been to were away matches, that obviously have no financial benefit to Hearts. The recent situation made me realise if I don't get myself, son and Dad through to Edinburgh more often there won't be a Hearts to support at Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Motherwell. From now on if I am going to go to support Hearts it will be at Tynecastle, so the money goes where it is needed.

I bought my tickets through club site and was happy to part with ?60.00 but was a bit pissed off at the ?4.50 fee to ticketmaster. I think it would only be correct that the extra profits ticketmaster are making on this game at least a percentage are paid to Hearts. If the crowd is 16,000 compared to usual 12,000 at St Mirren home fixture, then at ?1.50 per ticket commission,Ticketmaster have made ?6,000 at Hearts expense.

I realise Ticketmaster may give Hearts a % of commission on ?1.50 charged but the extra sales are lining Ticketmaster pockets, unless Hearts receive all commission, which I very much doubt.

Just a thought!

Like printing and posting share brochures, it's just one of those things.

Your first paragraph is beyond spot on, though. Anyone who doesn't have unlimited funds should spend strategically so every penny benefits the club, at least for this season.

Archived