Is Frail EVER going to get any credit?

Examiner

Ok, might have not have been a scorcher, but that's twice he's won against ICT (home and away) that's never easy.

Also notched up another win - albeit against Caley (but see above)

Just windering if, however, grudgingly, anyone is willing to speak up for the boy.

I'll go first:

Well Done Stevie.

Ok, might have not have been a scorcher, but that's twice he's won against ICT (home and away) that's never easy.

Just windering if, however, grudgingly, anyone is willing to speak up for the boy.

I'll go first:

Well Done Stevie.

Ditto!

thehibsareintheirbeds

aye fair play....thought he'd lost the plot when zal came on for elliot but it worked well

Destruction Derby
aye fair play....thought he'd lost the plot when zal came on for elliot but it worked well

same

Loss Dundee United (A)

Draw Kilmarnock (H)

Win Hibs (H)

Win Aberdeen (A)

Win Gretna (H)

Loss C*lt!c (A)

Win Motherwell (A)

Loss R@ng*rs (H)

Win ICT (A)

Draw St Midden (A)

Draw Falkirk (H)

Win Dundee United (H)

Draw Kilmarnock (A)

Win ST Midden (H)

Win ICT (H)

That is Frail's run of fixtures. Given that selection of fixtures, I would have expected a decent coach to have got Hearts in excess of 30 points, nearer 33 to 35 IMO, Frail brought home 28.

Decent result today, barely decent. I will give him praise when he earns it.

Frail's a complete mug since he was put in charge he always picks Miko, today he had Fud Miko playing and Chesney and Elliot. Three players who should not be at Tynecastle. Then he gives the young lad 57 seconds for his debut.

Loss Dundee United (A) TOO SOON - Don't know anyone who blames him for that.

Draw Kilmarnock (H) - Turned the tide with only ten men

Win Hibs (H)

Win Aberdeen (A)

Win Gretna (H)

Loss C*lt!c (A) - Scoreline flattered them

Win Motherwell (A)

Loss R@ng*rs (H) b- Agreed, rubbish

Win ICT (A)

Draw St Midden (A)

Draw Falkirk (H)

Win Dundee United (H)

Draw Kilmarnock (A)

Win ST Midden (H)

Win ICT (H)

That is Frail's run of fixtures. Given that selection of fixtures, I would have expected a decent coach to have got Hearts in excess of 30 points, nearer 33 to 35 IMO, Frail brought home 28.

I discount the game against DU away as it was clearly not possible for him to "turn the ship" so quickly, so going by your standards - and allowing my adjustment - I would say he fits -at least - the standard of a "decent" manager.

Based on results

Only a Game
Loss Dundee United (A)

Draw Kilmarnock (H)

Win Hibs (H)

Win Aberdeen (A)

Win Gretna (H)

Loss C*lt!c (A)

Win Motherwell (A)

Loss R@ng*rs (H)

Win ICT (A)

Draw St Midden (A)

Draw Falkirk (H)

Win Dundee United (H)

Draw Kilmarnock (A)

Win ST Midden (H)

Win ICT (H)

Ditto.

He's lost or drawn EVERY key game he has been in charge of, aside from having a significant hand in the shambles we were before New Year.Also a manager who persists in selecting Calum Elliott long after its apparent that he isnt good enough AND leaves him on the park way too late into games when he proves it yet again, cannot be trusted with the job full time.

Hasnt been all that bad. Hasnt been particularly good either. Indifferent is how I'd describe him. I'd be significantly indifferent if he got the job.

Frail's a complete mug since he was put in charge he always picks Miko, today he had Fud Miko playing and Chesney and Elliot. Three players who should not be at Tynecastle. Then he gives the young lad 57 seconds for his debut.

Who were part of a WINNING TEAM. Who would you have played instead?

Sheeesh

Malcolm Tucker

Miko was quality mate. Where were you?

I won't give Frail credit until he realises that Calum Elliot is not good enough to be a sub, but Frail rates him as the no 1 striker :confused:

Only a Game

Whooooooooooa there. Miko has been one of the top performers under Frail and he's shown enough IMO in the last couple of months to get another season.

Agreed on the other two. Elliott certainly has to be kept well away from the first team for Frail to gain any respect as a Hearts manager.

It's funny, but other managers were always given a chance at Tynie. Even inexperienced one's were given a chance to learn and grow into the job. It was the same with the players. However, a lot of the attitudes on here now seem to suggest no one is going to be good enough. Unless it's George Burley and Rudi etc.

Frail has a crap squad to select from, no proven goalscorers, and I think he's done OK with what he has. Don't think he'd admit to being the finished article, but given some decent players he'd probably do OK.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but with the current squad, especially on the goal-scoring front, what's Mark McGhee or anyone else for that matter going to achieve?

I discount the game against DU away as it was clearly not possible for him to "turn the ship" so quickly, so going by your standards - and allowing my adjustment - I would say he fits -at least - the standard of a "decent" manager.

Based on results

Ditto.

He's lost or drawn EVERY key game he has been in charge of, aside from having a significant hand in the shambles we were before New Year.Also a manager who persists in selecting Calum Elliott long after its apparent that he isnt good enough AND leaves him on the park way too late into games when he proves it yet again, cannot be trusted with the job full time.

Hasnt been all that bad. Hasnt been particularly good either. Indifferent is how I'd describe him. I'd be significantly indifferent if he got the job.

OAG has answered your point perfectly. Key games (Falkirk, Kilmarnock, St Midden) he has failed to win. I was not at any of the four games mentioned, my self imposed ban had commenced by then. Falkirk? I am led to believe we did not get a shot on goal. Kilmarnock? Similarly, either one or no shots on goal, St Mirren? A barely deserved and late salvage of a point. Would it be fair to say less than five shots on goal in three games?

Managers live and die by their results, IMO Frail has been short of the required level.

BTW, key games against such great teams like Kilmarnock, Falkirk and St Midden and we STILL cannot win? How far we have fallen.

It's funny, but other managers were always given a chance at Tynie. Even inexperienced one's were given a chance to learn and grow into the job. It was the same with the players. However, a lot of the attitudes on here now seem to suggest no one is going to be good enough. Unless it's George Burley and Rudi etc.

Frail has a crap squad to select from, no proven goalscorers, and I think he's done OK with what he has. Don't think he'd admit to being the finished article, but given some decent players he'd probably do OK.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but with the current squad, especially on the goal-scoring front, what's Mark McGhee or anyone else for that matter going to achieve?

Eh?

We are talking about the same Mark McGhee that signed two first team players pre season and took second bottom Motherwell to third in the league aren't we?

He has some decent strikers to work with, we don't. Dead simple.

Eh?

We are talking about the same Mark McGhee that signed two first team players pre season and took second bottom Motherwell to third in the league aren't we?

portobellojambo1

Anyone that thinks Calum Elliot is a footballer, and brings on Marius Zaliukas as his replacement deserves a credit rating of zero.

He is NOT the man to manage Hearts going forward, he knows it, the fans know it so he will probably get the job.

chester copperpot

Sorry guys, you can argue with me if you want, I dont really care, but that substitution today was a disgrace. Yes Zaliukas set up Glen, and did replace Clum, but at a time when we were 0-0, then it was a shocker.

He got lucky IMO, but I suppose you sometimes need that in football. Seeing Zaliukas in some of the reserve games, he should be nowhere near the 1st team.

It still makes me wonder about the whole control thing, but I left pretty disappointed when Zaliukas came on today.

OAG has answered your point perfectly. Key games (Falkirk, Kilmarnock, St Midden) he has failed to win. I was not at any of the four games mentioned, my self imposed ban had commenced by then. Falkirk? I am led to believe we did not get a shot on goal. Kilmarnock? Similarly, either one or no shots on goal, St Mirren? A barely deserved and late salvage of a point. Would it be fair to say less than five shots on goal in three games?

Managers live and die by their results, IMO Frail has been short of the required level.

BTW, key games against such great teams like Kilmarnock, Falkirk and St Midden and we STILL cannot win? How far we have fallen.

Don't forget the two cup losses against Motherwell and Rangers.

Pathetic performances once again.

The only way I was going to warm to Frail was as if he got us in the top six which a competent manager would have done with a game or two to spare in my opinion.

Today was the first time I think he has actually changed a game in our favour with a substitution. To be honest even if he put Ridgers up front he would have done a better job than Elliot.

It may be a bit close minded but I can't see myself ever coming round to the point where I reckon Frail could do a job as manager. Sooner he leaves the better.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He deserves credit each time we win a match.

My personal opinion though, and I realise this isn't necessarily the majority view, is that I couldn't give a toss if he had won every single match he's been 'manager' for - I want somebody who is completely untainted by Romanov so I can at least start to feel connected to my club again. Again, just my opinion.

Captain Canada

I'll go first:

Well Done Stevie.

I agree, and another clean sheet too. He could win every game between now and the end of 2008 5-0 and he still wouldn't be good enough for some people.

He's doing a good job in the circumstances and doing his chances of finding himself a permanent manager's job elsewhere no harm at all.

I fully expect him to walk at the end of the season and go to manage in the first division.

chester copperpot
I was cussing when he replacd Elliot with Zaliukas but fair play he got lucky this time :P

Anyone who knows football knows that was a terrible decision, but I remember Burley did a similar one against Hibs in his reign and I went mental.

Mibee its me who doesn't have a scooby. At least we've got Shaggy ;)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I agree, and another clean sheet too. He could win every game between now and the end of 2008 5-0 and he still wouldn't be good enough for some people.

He's doing a good job in the circumstances and doing his chances of finding himself a permanent manager's job elsewhere no harm at all.

I fully expect him to walk at the end of the season and go to manage in the first division.

I openly admit that. I still wouldn't want him as manager. Totally illogical, I know, but I want to have some sort of fresh start.

Charlie-Brown

Zaliukas (like Moose a few years before him) looked more mobile and caused defenders more problems up front than Nade has done in most games. It was a clever if unpopular tactical substitution - it also worked as Zaliukas was involved in the build up to the goal.

chester copperpot
Zaliukas (like Moose a few years before him) looked more mobile and caused defenders more problems up front than Nade has done in most games. It was a clever if unpopular tactical substitution - it also worked as Zaliukas was involved in the build up to the goal.

Right so we've established that Zaliukas is pretty crap at Defending, useless in midfield, so here's a thought, lets try him upfield in a forward role.

NMH, You're defence of the indefencible sometimes is rather embarrassing.

Only a Game

Cant really argue with that. It was brave because he must have known he'd get pelters for doing it. But it did work. If only because his, yes HIS, first choice striker AGAIN failed to contribute ANYTHING.

The substitution gives him a point on the plus side I suppose, but his graph is heavily overloaded with minus points IMO.

Charlie-Brown
Right so we've established that Zaliukas is pretty crap at Defending, useless in midfield, so here's a thought, lets try him upfield in a forward role.

NMH, You're defence of the indefencible sometimes is rather embarrassing.

How was it indefensible? manager puts centre half up front late in the game & a goal is the result.......didn't Levein do that at Tynecastle recently to try to salvage a point?

Dr Ian Malcolm

I wouldn't say its indefencible at all - he tried something different in what was a meaningless game and it paid off.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Yes, Frail deserves credit for today, Zal sub and all. But does that mean he should be manager? If you are happy with Vlad buying players and Frail coaching them then yes, you might be happy if he's appointed. I'm not happy with that situation so I don't want him as manager.

chester copperpot
How was it indefensible? manager puts centre half up front late in the game & a goal is the result.......didn't Levein do that at Tynecastle recently to try to salvage a point?

I see where you're coming from, and sorry for the arsey comment, there was no need.

However this is Zaliukas, I just dont agree with it, but I guess there's no point getting stroppy about it.

chester copperpot
I wouldn't say its indefencible at all - he tried something different in what was a meaningless game and it paid off.

so Zaliukas is the 'Go to' guy when we're in need of a goal then :evilno:

He has some decent strikers to work with, we don't. Dead simple.

You sir, have no clue.

Would you have swapped (pre season) Pospisil, Bednar, Pinilla and Velicka for Porter, Clarkson and McCormack?

Anyone who knows football knows that was a terrible decision, but I remember Burley did a similar one against Hibs in his reign and I went mental.

Mibee its me who doesn't have a scooby. At least we've got Shaggy ;)

You? - Shhhhhurely not!

Point is Andy, us experts have been saying for years it's results that count.

Now, Frail may not be the answer, but I reckon that fair minded Hearts fans would at least acknowledge that the bloke has, against all odds, taken us from relegation candidates to possibly getting as many points as 4th, maybe, who knows, 3rd place. Ok, he has lost his first game - (to those who witnessed it) a bizarre one if ever there was at DU - and has lost 3 times to the OF and once to Motherwell (by the thinnest of margins)

Some want to crucify Frail - I just want to see some fair play to the lad

Anyone else with those results and we would have been much, much fairer.

Charlie-Brown
I see where you're coming from, and sorry for the arsey comment, there was no need.

However this is Zaliukas, I just dont agree with it, but I guess there's no point getting stroppy about it.

No problem Mister Copperpot :) I'll admit it was a very crude tactic but it did work - playing Moose up front years ago was similarly 'out there'

Dr Ian Malcolm
so Zaliukas is the 'Go to' guy when we're in need of a goal then :evilno:

Maybe for the opposition, but seriously, as a one off it worked pretty well, so I didn't really have a problem with it today. Frail being in charge is a totally different argument.

To all those critics and master tacticians -- how would you have lined up today given the injury and illness problems Shaggy faced ?

Fed up with many of the moaning , groaning , whining fans who have no solutions but are quite happy to criticise any decisions or selections made -- we only had 2 strikers fit today (1 aged 18 years of age) plus a 16 year old -- what else could he have done ? -- we needed some form of physical presence and Frail recognised this -- credit where credit is due.

I am not a Frail supporter but neither am I blind to the problems he faces -- please try and think at times before posting.:mad:

chester copperpot
Now, Frail may not be the answer, but I reckon that fair minded Hearts fans would at least acknowledge that the bloke has, against all odds, taken us from relegation candidates to possibly getting as many points as 4th, maybe, who knows, 3rd place. .

Mate my beef isn't with Frail, have never really slated him, I just want to know the extent of his control, as I dont think any manager decent would've made this decision, thats all.

I'm maybe a bit far down the line to be reflective and fair minded these days friend. ;)

Your language is deplorable you sound more like a Hibby , Miko has been our best player since the turn of the year , Frail should have played him more ahead of chesney and driver. My money is on him for MOM again today.

Frail has steadied the ship to a degree but it's still sinking and imho he is not the man to get it sailing again.

chester copperpot

Miko deserves his place after the last few weeks. IMO he's been probably our best player since the away game up in Inverness on 01/03/08

Guest casper

I'll go first:

Well Done Stevie.

So now we're measuring ourselves against Inverness.

How the mighty have fallen.

So now we're measuring ourselves against Inverness.

How the mighty have fallen.

Rubbish. I'm tired of folk telling me that beating these teams is easy, it aint.

You have to beat what's in front of you, just like the rest.

You can argue about the cup games and getting draws where we would have liked wins, but Frail, in comparison with all, but GS and WS has had the best results, points wise since taking over.

Surely folk aren't SO mean spirited to at least acknoweldge that he has actually delivered AS MUCH as could reasonably be expected of him and more.

Frail has steadied the ship to a degree but it's still sinking and imho he is not the man to get it sailing again.

Yeah. That is the extent of it. There is no doubt we have improved under Frail. You never know what he would be able to do with his own team after the transfer window.

But to be honest I don't want to find out. We were promised an experienced manager. And we should get one. There is no point appointing him and taking a risk agin like we have in the past two season for them to end in disaster.

Guest casper
Rubbish. I'm tired of folk telling me that beating these teams is easy, it aint.

You have to beat what's in front of you, just like the rest.

You can argue about the cup games and getting draws where we would have liked wins, but Frail, in comparison with all, but GS and WS has had the best results, points wise since taking over.

Surely folk aren't SO mean spirited to at least acknoweldge that he has actually delivered AS MUCH as could reasonably be expected of him and more.

I never said beating Inverness was easy.

But 2 years ago we were splitting the OF.

Now we are happy to get a couple of wins against Inverness.

Yes, things have improved slightly since we were 2nd bottom but given the squad and wage bill we shouldn't have been there in the first place and you are conviently forgetting that Frail was part of the coaching team that got us down there.

Frail for me will always be tainted for his part in the early season shambes and his willingness to accept and being complicit in romanovs interference.

Yes, we can ignore the cup games and draws - why don't we just ignore the defeats as well.

Wow, he's won all his games!!

Archived