Presidential Race

Liam_madjambo

Liam_madjambo

Just wondering what peoples views are on Hillary Clintion. Does anyone think she should drop out of the race for the good of the Democrat party?

BoJack Horseman

She needs to have a serious word. Obama is pretty much a shoe in now, although I can't see her ever dropping out. She'll fight to the end.

Rick Grimes

i think she'd make a better President & there's a fair chance that the remaining super delegates will see it the same. for all Obama's talk about being a new breed of politician he seems to me to embody the zeitgeist of modern politics, all style & little substance.

that said, if i were either candidate i've had made sure that behind the scenes, win or lose, that both of them were on the Democratic ticket come november.

BoJack Horseman
i think she'd make a better President & there's a fair chance that the remaining super delegates will see it the same. for all Obama's talk about being a new breed of politician he seems to me to embody the zeitgeist of modern politics, all style & little substance.

that said, if i were either candidate i've had made sure that behind the scenes, win or lose, that both of them were on the Democratic ticket come november.

There's not a chance in hell that either would take either as their running mate.

Rick Grimes
There's not a chance in hell that either would take either as their running mate.

probably not, but it would be the smart move. instantly unite the party after the wrangling & offer the voters the best of both worlds. the landslide win could set records.

maltese jambo
probably not, but it would be the smart move. instantly unite the party after the wrangling & offer the voters the best of both worlds. the landslide win could set records.

dont be too sure about a landslide...

i think you underestimate the stupidity of the average american and their ignorance as to the damage the republican government has done.

this was perfectly illustrated by the response of hilary clinton when asked if Iran were to attack israel..she said they would obliterate Iran...

just shows you; mention war or oil to an american and they will literally froth at the mouth.

Between Obamas grandmother comments and his religious em mentor I really do think he's lower than a snakes belly. Go Hillary

Patrick Bateman

Between Obamas grandmother comments and his religious em mentor I really do think he's lower than a snakes belly. Go Hillary

:rolleyes: Try watching Pastor Wright's speech in full. He basically says America is a nation formed on bloodshed (which is is) and that 9/11 had been coming (which it had)

Clinton is a liar, Obama might seem a little too sugar-coated and fluffy, but he'll at least bring a fresh approach.

As for McCain, if you think he'd be an improvement, you might want to watch this.

:rolleyes: Try watching Pastor Wright's speech in full. He basically says America is a nation formed on bloodshed (which is is) and that 9/11 had been coming (which it had)

Clinton is a liar, Obama might seem a little too sugar-coated and fluffy, but he'll at least bring a fresh approach.

As for McCain, if you think he'd be an improvement, you might want to watch this.

Have you seen McCains response "lighten up" :biggrin:

Doctor FinnBarr

Don,t give a damn about US elections, not my country and I don,t see why it should be widely reported in this countries media!

:boak:

The speech I was reffering to was the one where the Pastor was reffering to the treatment of black Americans.

?The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ?God Bless America.? No, no, no, God damn America, that?s in the Bible for killing innocent people,? he said in a 2003 sermon. ?God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.? :oopsoops:

Don,t give a damn about US elections, not my country and I don,t see why it should be widely reported in this countries media!

:boak:

Obviously dont understand how the world works then.

The USA is the largest economy in the world, like it or not the actions of the US government effect Britain greatly.

Iraq?

Global economy slowdown?

You should take some time to read Obama's book "The audacity of hope" it's basically a manifesto.

Doctor FinnBarr
Obviously dont understand how the world works then.

The USA is the largest economy in the world, like it or not the actions of the US government effect Britain greatly.

Iraq?

Global economy slowdown?

Mr Vodka dictates what I think and he says not to give a damn!

:ceesmiley:

No.

Well thats makes your statement even funnier. The last few weeks he has done everything he can to try loose it. Dont under estimate the white vote and dont under estimate the Clintons. Bill was a very popular president and many cant resist the thought of him being inolved again (dont think he wont cause he will)

The super delegates as they are called will have a huge say and there will still be some jumping ship by some who initially backed Obama. His pastor old has seen to that

Dont under estimate the white vote and dont under estimate the Clintons. Bill was a very popular president and many cant resist the thought of him being inolved again (dont think he wont cause he will)

The super delegates as they are called will have a huge say and there will still be some jumping ship by some who initially backed Obama. His pastor old has seen to that

Good call, IMHO. Clinton knows she's still in with a real chance of the nomination, otherwise she'd have quit by now. Many key senior Democrat strategists believe it is impossible for Obama to beat McCain in November. If she can blur the lines with the superdelegates (the void primaries in Florida and Michigan), she'll get the nod. But I also think McCain's chances are improving by the week.

Boaby Ewing
Good call, IMHO. Clinton knows she's still in with a real chance of the nomination, otherwise she'd have quit by now. Many key senior Democrat strategists believe it is impossible for Obama to beat McCain in November. If she can blur the lines with the superdelegates (the void primaries in Florida and Michigan), she'll get the nod. But I also think McCain's chances are improving by the week.

Poppycock. Clinton's only still in it as she knows that eight years down the line she's too old. This is her last chance, and when your entire life has been geared around one thing (including the humiliation of knowing your hubbies been sucked off by the intern... and then some... but being able to do nowt about it) she'll fight to the death.

She's hoping for a skeleton to leap out of Obama's closet... but the Wright thing's not done it, the elitism's not done it. Unless something even bigger happens... well, she's screwed.

The numbers just don't add up for her - and the claim that only she can win the big swing states is shown up by the fact that she's struggled whenever the primary system allows unregistered Democrats to vote.

McCain's benefiting from the current impasse. But the Republicans are still far more scared of Obama than they are of Clinton.

Bill was a great President during a time when politics didn't really matter. Things are different now. And his wife is a poor imitation anyway.

Oh, and she's a bit of a psycho. *Ducks imaginary sniper bullet*

Poppycock. Clinton's only still in it as she knows that eight years down the line she's too old. This is her last chance, and when your entire life has been geared around one thing (including the humiliation of knowing your hubbies been sucked off by the intern... and then some... but being able to do nowt about it) she'll fight to the death.

She's hoping for a skeleton to leap out of Obama's closet... but the Wright thing's not done it, the elitism's not done it. Unless something even bigger happens... well, she's screwed.

The numbers just don't add up for her - and the claim that only she can win the big swing states is shown up by the fact that she's struggled whenever the primary system allows unregistered Democrats to vote.

McCain's benefiting from the current impasse. But the Republicans are still far more scared of Obama than they are of Clinton.

Bill was a great President during a time when politics didn't really matter. Things are different now. And his wife is a poor imitation anyway.

Oh, and she's a bit of a psycho. *Ducks imaginary sniper bullet*

Hey Dave, it takes a poppycock to know a poppycock;)

Politics didnt matter when Bill Clinton was president?........Thats not poppycock it's Bullpoop:p

Boaby Ewing
Hey Dave, it takes a poppycock to know a poppycock;)

Politics didnt matter when Bill Clinton was president?........Thats not poppycock it's Bullpoop:p

It didn't matter to the same degree... it was the glorious twenties, redux.

It was a lot easier to focus on Bill's indiscretions, as if they really mattered, in a time when the biggest enemy was Ken Starr and you could have a deficit countdown off Times Square.

It's not quite the same situation now. I quite like John McCain, but tbh, his policies (if not his character) are too similar to Bush junior. And I think that will override everything else when it comes down to it,

I've had a bet on Obama winning the presidency for well over a year now though, so maybe I'm biased.

It didn't matter to the same degree... it was the glorious twenties, redux.

It was a lot easier to focus on Bill's indiscretions, as if they really mattered, in a time when the biggest enemy was Ken Starr and you could have a deficit countdown off Times Square.

It's not quite the same situation now. I quite like John McCain, but tbh, his policies (if not his character) are too similar to Bush junior. And I think that will override everything else when it comes down to it,

I've had a bet on Obama winning the presidency for well over a year now though, so maybe I'm biased.

Dave. I'm getting worried about you tonite mate. This is two seperate threads now where you discuss putting things in ones mouth:eek:

Maybe you should crack open that Polish beer of yours

It's irreleavnt as McAin is going to win regardless. America ain't ready for either of them to be in charge!

Patrick Bateman
It's irreleavnt as McAin is going to win regardless. America ain't ready for either of them to be in charge!

McCain has very little chance of winning. You only need to measure the number of people voting in the primaries, especially early on, to see that not many people care.

I think he's a commendable person, but not a president.

Poppycock. Clinton's only still in it as she knows that eight years down the line she's too old.

Clinton's only in it because she thinks she has a chance of winning the nomination. And she does.

If the Democrats nominate Obama I'm off to put my money on McCain.

If the Democrats nominate Obama I'm off to put my money on McCain.

Aint that a safe bet.

This country really could do with a change away from the Republicans but I cant see Obama being that change. Where I live its a pretty liberal county and state but when push comes to shove most people I know cant see America being ready for a black president

Rick Grimes
You should take some time to read Obama's book "The audacity of hope" it's basically a manifesto.

cheers, will do that :)

BoJack Horseman
Aint that a safe bet.

This country really could do with a change away from the Republicans but I cant see Obama being that change. Where I live its a pretty liberal county and state but when push comes to shove most people I know cant see America being ready for a black president

For a country that isn't ready for a black president, he's had a fairly good response, no? Granted, the media tried putting him down at first, claiming Hillary as the front runner, but even they now see that he's in for the nomination.

The Democrats have to vote either for a black president or a woman. Two major changes. I still think the majority of male democrats will vote for a male, black or not, over a woman. And the only reason that Hillary is still in the race is due to woman voting for her. I'm not saying they are racist/sexist, I just think that the majority of Americans are very apathetic towards politics and at the end of the day they're vote will come down to "Do I vote the black guy, or the chick?".

Also, i think it's fairly obvious that McCain would rather run against Clinton, and Clinton would rather have McCain as the next president over Obama. Christ I take back saying he's a shoe in, it's all too confusing. Infact i'll stick with him definitley getting the nomination, depends how stupid the Americans are in whether they vote him into the oval office or not.

• 4 months later...

Have finally taken your advice. A very good read indeed. Here's hoping he's elected.

Archived