'memberships'

OTT

Spitballing here but what if the club offered 'memberships', essentially you pay ?100 and you become a member of the club and are given a number e.g 00001 this says you are the first 'member', on top of being given said number you are also given a certificate, Basically this whilst raising money for the club proposes a scheme to get real fans who may not be able to make it week in week out/live outwith the country/cant afford regular attendance to feel involved with the club and to feel they are doing their part

Once again there is no other benefit to this other than say a monthly newsletter and to say you have put your ?100 in

Thoughts?

There use to be something similar. No idea why they got rid of it- maybe lack of interest?

Anyway, I'd sign up.

Was thinking if 2 million is needed to be raised then that would require 20,000 fans to buy into this,

FYI thats everybody at the cup final

Charlie-Brown

I too think we should have a membership scheme albeit for a much smaller annual amount to encourage as widespread participation as possible.

I think a tenner for basic membership might be able to attract as widespread interest as possible with a sliding scale of higher payments or contributions/benefits for those who could afford it.

Barcelona have 100K members, Shalke-04 have 70K+ members, I don't believe the basic membership cost is prohibitive otherwise they wouldn't get so many people joining.

It's about time we seriously studied these models and take the best bits from all of them. We need to get club ownership & participation into as wide a cross secton of the Hearts family as we can, even if some of them are just child or junior or OAP members people have bought for their kids & family etc.

The lessons that Mercer & Robinson/Deans & Romanov have taught us is that it is folly to hitch our wagon to the fortunes and become over reliant on 1 or 2 'wealthy' individuals.

I too think we should have a membership scheme albeit for a much smaller annual amount to encourage as widespread participation as possible.

I think a tenner for basic membership might be able to attract as widespread interest as possible with a sliding scale of higher payments or contributions/benefits for those who could afford it.

Barcelona have 100K members, Shalke-04 have 70K+ members, I don't believe the basic membership cost is prohibitive otherwise they wouldn't get so many people joining.

It's about time we seriously studied these models and take the best bits from all of them. We need to get club ownership & participation into as wide a cross secton of the Hearts family as we can, even if some of them are just child or junior or OAP members people have bought for their kids & family etc.

The lessons that Mercer & Robinson/Deans & Romanov have taught us is that it is folly to hitch our wagon to the fortunes and become over reliant on 1 or 2 'wealthy' individuals.

Reason i came up with ?100 is i reckon most people realise the severity of the situation so more will be inclined, ?10 sounds too low, i'd say somewhere between ?50-?100 would generate as much revenue as possible whilst no detering people from investing, plus means shares do not have to be diluted

Charlie-Brown

Reason i came up with ?100 is i reckon most people realise the severity of the situation so more will be inclined, ?10 sounds too low, i'd say somewhere between ?50-?100 would generate as much revenue as possible whilst no detering people from investing, plus means shares do not have to be diluted

How many people that went to the cup parade could afford to pay a tenner or fiver each for themselves or their kids?

How many people of that same group can afford to pay ten or twenty times the amount? + buys shares, tickets, strips etc

How many people that went to the cup parade could afford to pay a tenner or fiver each for themselves or their kids?

How many people of that same group can afford to pay ten or twenty times the amount? + buys shares, tickets, strips etc

true initial suggestion anyway, so glad to see it makes sense

Why don't you charge ?50 with the option to pay monthly for those who can't afford the up front charge. Normally ?50 wouldn't be a problem for me but with the extra tickets and shares i have bought i would struggle to pay another ?50 to help the club.

I think alot of other people would struggle as well

think you'd be surprised how much a barca adult membership is. 1st rung starts at 131 euro

agree with your pricing idea....... benefits could be loyalty points, price reduction on match tickets (say ?5), hospitality etc..........

Archived