Acquiring Shares for Kids

Chip Douglas

Has anyone tried to acquire shares in the name of their kids?

I don't know if Hearts prohibit this or not.

I have already contacted Hearts about this and got a reply from Amanda Dixon yesterday. I've included Amanda's email in case anyone has any other questions.

Amanda Dixon [email protected]

As your son is under 18, you are unable to put the shares in his name, however you can purchase the shares in your name and once your son turns 18, you can transfer them into his name.

If you have any further questions, please just let me know.

Kind Regards

Amanda

I have already contacted Hearts about this and got a reply from Amanda Dixon yesterday. I've included Amanda's email in case anyone has any other questions.

As your son is under 18, you are unable to put the shares in his name, however you can purchase the shares in your name and once your son turns 18, you can transfer them into his name.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Thanks mate, ahead of the game!

There's no general rule prohibiting children being shareholders but obviously Hearts have specific provision.

It now makes it harder for me to sell it to the better half that I'm using the wee yin's fund to buy shares....

Italian Lambretta

I've had to do this as.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Archived