106 Years Ago on Saturday

Hearts Heritage

Congratulations to Hibernian FC on reaching such a milestone. :)

Today was also my dear old mum's birthday (RIP) :sad:

Whilst I appreciate the 107 (or however big the number eventually gets - infinity would do me) years is more of a hoot, it is technically inaccurate as today marks only (:laugh:) the 106th anniversary.

I suppose there won't be much mileage in the suggestion since the counting-one-year-in-advance until they might get their mucky paws on it is more of a wind-up, don't you think we could show jut that wee bit more class and accept that we're happy with acknowledging tha real anniversary, and not a future one - even though it is guaranteed?

Hearts - classy.

Them - not.

Charlie-Brown

The quality of match reports was infinitely superior to the opinionated drivel 'alleged' journalists spout forth now - even tho it was the Hobo's last great cup triump :laugh: you get quite a good impression of the match from that report.

In fact, just to show there's no real enmity - at least on my part - I've sent the wee dears a card.

Anniversary Card

I encourage y'all to clog up their inbox on this auspicious day :laugh:

chester copperpot

Happy anniversary to our small rivals from across the city. Lets hope you see another 106 years until another Scottish Cup victory.

Either that or wait until I'm dead (Approx 10-15 years should do it ;))

Na stick to the original plan please.

Hearts Heritage

Just found this ....

"The first Edinburgh Derby was arranged soon after and the Hearts team jogged on to the pitch in the Meadows that sunny Saturday afternoon to the delight of their 100,000 supporters clad in their traditional maroon, white & blue - waving Union Flags - who sang along to "God Save The King" and another favourite at the time "Hello, Hello" written specially for the Hearts by Sir Walter Scott, the bus convener for the Borders Hearts Supporters Club who also penned their name - The Heart of Midlothian. "

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Hib_of_Midlothian_FC

Dr Ian Malcolm
Whilst I appreciate the 107 (or however big the number eventually gets - infinity would do me) years is more of a hoot, it is technically inaccurate as today marks only (:laugh:) the 106th anniversary.

I suppose there won't be much mileage in the suggestion since the counting-one-year-in-advance until they might get their mucky paws on it is more of a wind-up, don't you think we could show jut that wee bit more class and accept that we're happy with acknowledging tha real anniversary, and not a future one - even though it is guaranteed?

Hearts - classy.

Them - not.

Ah, but seeing as they can't win it for at least another year, it would 107 by the time the won it anyway. We need a new song for this year - seven has one syllabul too many.

"You've won it no times,

you've won it no ti-i-imes,

Since ninteen-oh-two,

you've won it no times!"

Ah, but seeing as they can't win it for at least another year, it would 107 by the time the won it anyway.

Yes, that's what I said.

But technically, despite it being more of a wind-up, today is only :laugh:...only :laugh: the 106th anniversary.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Yes, that's what I said.

But technically, despite it being more of a wind-up, today is only :laugh:...only :laugh: the 106th anniversary.

and I look forward to the 107th.............and 108th, 9th, 10th etc.

Archived