What would you have?

nade-nade

Right because I am younger I wasn't there in 86 but I put this question to my dad and I was wondering what you guys would prefer?

We won it in 86 and lost the cup final to hibs 5-1 or the other way around ?

Don't know. That's a tricky one, and one which puts my "there could be no feeling worse than Dens" mantra to the test.

HEARTS FOREVER

I would have took a draw at dens and a 3-1 win against the shite at Hampden!

Dens park will always be the darkest day for me but thrashing HIbs at Hampden in a Scottish cup cup final certainly eased the pain.

Winning at Dens every day of the week. I was there and it was a real sickener that supporters of wee teams like Hibs will just never understand.

Beating Hibs in may was no feat, they are utter gash and are not even our nearest rivals. The cup was won the minute Beattie knocked in the penalty v Celtic so we may as well have played Arbroath in the final such was the standard of our opposition. Winning the league would have been incredible in 86 as we were up against very strong Celtic, Utd and Aberdeen sides that regularly challenged domestically and in Europe back then.

Cracking question.

I think the league as we would / might have kicked on and won more than the 3 cups that we have (maybe)

Would the hobos now be "claiming" us though?

Humped us in the biggest derby ever.

It's a tough one.

Archived