Cheap palces to stay in Dublin

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

Hi folks,

Going to see Tiesto play at Ballinlough Castle on the 2nd of Aug, and have never been to dublin before so could someone recomend me places to stay for 2 nights please as i havent got a scooby, cheap as possible is the way forward.

Many thanks

Ray Winstone

Try any of the numerous youth hostels!

Cheap as you like!

Just google Youth hostels in Dublin.

We staying in one right on the river and it was dirt cheap (cant remember the name though!)

Hi folks,

Going to see Tiesto play at Ballinlough Castle on the 2nd of Aug, and have never been to dublin before so could someone recomend me places to stay for 2 nights please as i havent got a scooby, cheap as possible is the way forward.

Many thanks

Can I just say that Ballinlough Castle is about a 70-80 minute drive from Dublin?

When are you travelling to Dublin? When are you flying back? How are you going to get to and from the venue? Might you have to think about staying nearer to the venue?

If you're going to go out in the centre of Dublin, here's my advice mate: get steamin' in the hotel.

I was there a fortnight ago and paid 14 euros for two drinks in the Temple Bar area.

If you're going to go out in the centre of Dublin, here's my advice mate: get steamin' in the hotel.

I was there a fortnight ago and paid 14 euros for two drinks in the Temple Bar area.

Yeah, and if you want to go out for a meal you'll need to cash in your pension!

Goose Baxter
Can I just say that Ballinlough Castle is about a 70-80 minute drive from Dublin?

When are you travelling to Dublin? When are you flying back? How are you going to get to and from the venue? Might you have to think about staying nearer to the venue?

Going on the 1st of aug to the 3rd. The concert is on the 2nd. It says on the web site that it is an hoursa drive from dublin. Was thinking about staying close to it but because we are going for 3 days we thought it would be better to stay in dublin.

Going on the 1st of aug to the 3rd. The concert is on the 2nd. It says on the web site that it is an hoursa drive from dublin. Was thinking about staying close to it but because we are going for 3 days we thought it would be better to stay in dublin.

You should check if anyone will be running buses. A lot of summertime gigs take place in places like Ballinlough Castle, and there usually are buses to and from the venues. If there are, then a Dublin B&B or hostel near to the departure point for the bus is your best bet. I did a bit of a search but I couldn't find anything.

Dublin is expensive, though, and the sterling-euro exchange rate doesn't help. Drinking and eating out is cheaper in the towns and villages nearer to the venue, but I reckon you'd be bored out of your box staying two nights in those places. I get bored out of my box after two minutes in some of them. :confused:

I did a bit of a search but I couldn't find anything.

There is a shuttle bus service to and from the venue.

Here is a link for the event promoters - it says when and where in the city centre the shuttle buses will depart.

If you want some more details about the area, drop me a PM.

http://www.pod.ie/list_events.php?view_details=1&event_id=1480&venue=29

vladtheexhaler

How many are going? Four of us stayed here for much the same as the price of a hostel.

http://www.staydublin.com/apartment-millennium.php

You get allocated to either the tower or the walk apartments and it's luck of the draw. Have heard the walk ones are not as good and are a bit further away but the tower was very central. I asked for the tower specifically as one of our party has difficulty walking very far and they were very accomodating. Fill the fridge up with beer from the supermarket downstairs and then empty it in front of the telly (they had various sky channels) before heading out to save some Euros.

Archived