Smith and Rankgers really get on my t!t$

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Rankgers complaining again that "Scottish" football isn't doing enough to help them with their backlog of games.

Is this the same Rankgers that refused to postpone a game with Hearts 24

hours to help us.

Is this the same Rankgers that cant wait to dump Scottish football for greener pastures.

Shut up ya piece of $#!t. No one other than your own fans really gives a crap.

Every day on here I hate them more and more.

Drew Busby !
Rankgers complaining again that "Scottish" football isn't doing enough to help them with their backlog of games.

Is this the same Rankgers that refused to postpone a game with Hearts 24

hours to help us.

Is this the same Rankgers that cant wait to dump Scottish football for greener pastures.

Shut up ya piece of $#!t. No one other than your own fans really gives a crap.

Every day on here I hate them more and more.

Scottish clubs have already done their bit by allowing der hun to win most of their games in 3rd gear this campaign.

i am sick and tired hearing how its good for scottish football for rangers to do well in europe. could someone explain to me how its good for our game to have 2 clubs racking in ever increasing amounts of money and year after year widening in financial terms the gap between them and the rest. this results in both of these teams being guilty of buying up scottish talent from smaller clubs and then not playing them( gow, riordan etc) how is this good for scottish football? the old firm then make the point they need large squads to cope with the demands of european football but then ask the spl to extend the league to help them!!! it is bad for scottish football for these teams to do well in europe as it widens the gap and perpetuates the above situation!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
i am sick and tired hearing how its good for scottish football for rangers to do well in europe. could someone explain to me how its good for our game to have 2 clubs racking in ever increasing amounts of money and year after year widening in financial terms the gap between them and the rest. this results in both of these teams being guilty of buying up scottish talent from smaller clubs and then not playing them( gow, riordan etc) how is this good for scottish football? the old firm then make the point they need large squads to cope with the demands of european football but then ask the spl to extend the league to help them!!! it is bad for scottish football for these teams to do well in europe as it widens the gap and perpetuates the above situation!

I've never blamed the Old Firm for hoovering up Scottish talent and letting it go to waste. If the players are stupid enough to go they deserve all they get.

but in what way is it good for scottish football having talented young players sitting on the bench(in theyre lucky)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
but in what way is it good for scottish football having talented young players sitting on the bench(in theyre lucky)

It's not good for Scottish football, it's just not Rangers and Celtic fault. It's the players' fault for going there just for the cash.

Gigolo-Aunt

I would imagine that the money is certainly in the thinking of players.

I would also imagine that the majority of players sign thinking they can make the step up and be a regular and take their career to the next level.

As we all know, the percentage is not good.

Players who play football will be confident in their own ability.

colinmaroon
I've never blamed the Old Firm for hoovering up Scottish talent and letting it go to waste. If the players are stupid enough to go they deserve all they get.

So you wouldn't blame a pimp for getting young girls on the game, after all, "if they're stupid enough to go, they deserve all they get!"

alwaysthereinspirit
It's not good for Scottish football, it's just not Rangers and Celtic fault. It's the players' fault for going there just for the cash.

Some of them are just wide eyed and think they're good enough for the step up.

Gigolo-Aunt
Some of them are just wide eyed and think they're good enough for the step up.

Correct.

I dont think the majority of players heading west think its just the wage slip.

Unfortunately the SPL is still so parochial and poor that decent players will always flock to the old firm be it for wages or prestige,imagine if a team outside the OF were to put in a serious challenge for the SPL Mmmmm,now that might make a difference! maybe not then!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
So you wouldn't blame a pimp for getting young girls on the game, after all, "if they're stupid enough to go, they deserve all they get!"

Yeah, I would probably blame a pimp.

Iain Blair, Company Secretary of the SPL, commented:

"It is well documented that this has been an exceptionally challenging season in terms of fixturing. The combination of a number of diverse circumstances has produced unparalleled scheduling problems.

He concludes with the -

"It is clear that future requests for changes to our scheduled fixture list will have to be compelling before approval is given."

I read that to say "franked with a govan postmark" ;) and I await the

first genuine request from one of the 'provincial' teams like ourselves :mad:

They also go on about maintaining the integrity of the league ?

Yet Rangers asked for the Gretna match to be postponed citing a similar

request from the French opponents as ........ahem 'compelling'

That was proved to be a friggin lie ...........either from Rangers OR from the SPL in an attempt to justify their West Coast driven complicity (?)

:mad::sad::evilno:

Heard on the radio earlier that Smith had a right rant tonight to the written media and it'l be in the tommorows papers,its no goin to change anything him throwin the toys out the pram,he'l just have to get on with it

But didnt WS tell us just a couple of weeks back that he was not requesting an extension to the season?

How can he expect something he doesn't ask for?

JamboGraham
i am sick and tired hearing how its good for scottish football for rangers to do well in europe. could someone explain to me how its good for our game to have 2 clubs racking in ever increasing amounts of money and year after year widening in financial terms the gap between them and the rest

I struggle with this one as I don't 100% believe it. However, you could take the opinion that Rangers and Celtic are consistently getting into the group stages (and beyond) of the Champions League and, if knocked out of that, the UEFA Cup. This is almost guaranteed despite what the rest of the SPL do (given the current resources available to all non old firm SPL sides).

Therefore they are both raking in a huge amount of cash that is never going to be shared across the rest of Scottish football. However, if they were to win just a few more games each year in Europe then Scottish football may be able to earn more places in the UEFA competitions. This means that although the gap does not get significantly smaller between the old firm and everyone else, the non old firm sides will have more UEFA cup places to fight for making the SPL more attractive to investors, players and supporters.

PS, I have no idea how much our UEFA reps would need to improve to get the extra places....

TBF the SPL really effed up by allowing Gretna to share the notoriously poor Fir Park pitch which has caused some problems this year, but I guess they could not really veto it.

The reason that Rangers have a backlog is that they always want games postponed after or before European matches rather than put back a day. I have no sympathy for them at all as they?ve needed replays against the likes of Partick Thistle in the Cup because they think their second team could do the business with the same negative tactics as they?ve played all season. Screw ?em.

I struggle with this one as I don't 100% believe it. However, you could take the opinion that Rangers and Celtic are consistently getting into the group stages (and beyond) of the Champions League and, if knocked out of that, the UEFA Cup. This is almost guaranteed despite what the rest of the SPL do (given the current resources available to all non old firm SPL sides).

Therefore they are both raking in a huge amount of cash that is never going to be shared across the rest of Scottish football. However, if they were to win just a few more games each year in Europe then Scottish football may be able to earn more places in the UEFA competitions. This means that although the gap does not get significantly smaller between the old firm and everyone else, the non old firm sides will have more UEFA cup places to fight for making the SPL more attractive to investors, players and supporters.

PS, I have no idea how much our UEFA reps would need to improve to get the extra places....

Then again with the likes of Gretna and QOTS getting into Europe the rest of the SPL are not really pulling their own weight...

Harry Palmer

This entire situation could have been avoided if the SPL (who are they?), had taken the decision to extend the league weeks ago, say Feb/Mar. Or at least put a contingency plan in place.

If an extension had been suggested when more than one team were in Europe there would not be such an outcry.

Anyway, at least we won't have European footie, so we can concentrate on our league campaign next season....

(Just to end on a -ve note!)

Broxburn_Jambo
Scottish clubs have already done their bit by allowing der hun to win most of their games in 3rd gear this campaign.

Edward Scissorhands certainly did his bit at Ibrox.

Comments from Smith which, I think are interesting, if only for the fact that someone is finally having a pop at Celtic's Lawell, who seems to think Celtic are above the law, even when compared to Rankgers.

"It's the kind of thing that managers don't normally get involved in but, from my own point of view, it has a direct effect on my job in this instance," said Smith.

"The sporting integrity comments actually gave me a good laugh. Peter Lawwell seems to be the person who is the head of the sporting integrity committee of the SPL, its chairman and chief spokesman.

"Peter would be better coming out and saying he wants Rangers to play four games in a week because it suits his team and helps their quest to retain the championship. If it was the other way around, I would be hoping Celtic would have to play four games in a week.

"So he is as well coming out and being honest about it, rather than trying to hide behind what he is calling 'sporting integrity'. In sport, we have to win. He is doing what he feels is the right thing for his club, by saying the season shouldn't be extended, but he is doing it for his own reasons. He is not doing it for 'sporting integrity', he is not doing it for the league. The thing that bothers me most about it is that the SPL has acceded to every request that has been made by Celtic this season, especially in the placing of the two Old Firm games we are having at the moment.

"It is no co-incidence that we are playing one of our biggest league games of the season at a period of time when they would have a fair idea that we would be between two very important Uefa Cup semi-final games.

"The SPL had the option of placing these last two Old Firm games at other times, but in the end have agreed to Celtic's requests. They are being played at the times, from Celtic's point of view, when it is the best time to play them. There were several other dates when they could have been played.

And as for OF-bias, what about the persistent missile throwing by Celtic fans at Parkhead during OF games? How on earth do they get away with their unwashed fans doing this on a very regular basis, never catching them and then getting no punishment form the authorities.

Sorry, but while I have nothing but dislike for both halves of the OF, Celtic's constant holier-than-thou attitude really winds me up.

Archived