Vlad speaks once more 'Scottish football fans and the public love me'

CJGJ

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov last night launched yet another withering attack on Scottish referees, accusing them of benefitting financially from the Old Firm.

The Tynecastle club have fallen foul of Scottish football?s authorities for failing to pay their players on time on several occasions, face an upcoming HMRC tax case and have serious financial issues.

However, none of that seems to bother Romanov, who chose to dwell on what he believes are the failings of Scottish officials. In an interview with Russian newspaper Izvestia, the controversial Baltic businessman had another blast at the Scottish game He said: ?Sport has become showbusiness. I went to Scotland and bought a football team and I thought it wouldn?t be like that there. But no, it?s the same everywhere. No democracy. The referees there take money out of the top two teams and we expect them to judge fairly. Scottish referees have to love Rangers and Celtic. Otherwise, it?s the end of their career and they go down to the lower leagues. But it isn?t possible to change the situation there.

?You try to fight the system, but the machine breaks you. As soon as I said what I thought, the mafia creeps up on you. If you try and break their showbusiness structure there, everyone turns against you and then your team has to fight the whole system.?

Romanov has launched into several rants about Scottish referees and the media in the past. In October 2006, Hearts were fined ?10,000 by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute after further criticism of match officials. A ?25,000 fine from the Scottish Premier League followed in February 2007 after accusations of the ?buying off? of match officials and the club were fined ?100,000 last year for their poor disciplinary record.

Meanwhile, Romanov claimed again that he almost bought Liverpool last year. He explained: ?I had the opportunity to buy Liverpool for as little as ?200 million. Frankly, I then got scared. After a few days, the price had gone to three times that value and I realised that missed my chance. I already own Hearts in Edinburgh and the Scottish football fans and the public ?love me.?

i am one of vlad's biggest fans...............But if he was close to spunking 200mil on liverpool , get you're wallet out again and we will love you again!

c'mon vlad!

Cannae even be arsed any more.

Nothing that he says is a lie, but I just cannae be arsed. Ken?

Bending over and accepting your lot is all we'll ever be, as a game, as a nation.

We can always greet like **** about it, though, so it's ok.

GOD BLESS SCOTCHLAND, MY HOME, SWEET HOME.

Scottish football fans and the public stopped loving you along time ago Mr Romanov, every neutral wanted us to break the old firm's stranglehold in 2005 but you lost them when you got rid off Burley and blew a great opportunity then.

Scottish football fans and the public stopped loving you along time ago Mr Romanov, every neutral wanted us to break the old firm's stranglehold in 2005 but you lost them when you got rid off Burley and blew a great opportunity then.

Agree man. Mind that time we sold Willie Wallace?

In totally unrelated news, it'd be smashing if we could see when all of the 200 posts new guys registered in 2006, mods.

:disguise:

In totally unrelated news, it'd be smashing if we could see when all of the 200 posts new guys registered in 2006, mods.

You're writing a lot of odd comments today.

Are you ok?

Here is the link to the russian paper http://izvestia.ru/news/538758 which is an interview which he gave and the google translation is not quite the rant that our wonderful press is suggesting. Perhaps any one with better knowledge of Russian than me can clarify this

Italian Lambretta

Don't know if it's this article or another but he has said that he hopes to end his time at Tynecastle by the end of 2013. probably old news?

stirlingshirejambo

Who is this Burley chap some talk of?

Jimmy Bone was quite burly, so was Ian Baird.

No on reflection Baird was more burly Bone was more rotund

Absolute gibberish. So refs have to love Rangers and Celtic or they get sent down the lower leagues? Much like Rangers then.

Going to buy Liverpool were you Vlad? I don't think that's true. .

The Great Khali

The thing is, whilst he talks about things in a bit of a roundabout way, he still makes sense when talking about mafias and the two teams from Glasgow.

Here is the link to the russian paper http://izvestia.ru/news/538758 which is an interview which he gave and the google translation is not quite the rant that our wonderful press is suggesting. Perhaps any one with better knowledge of Russian than me can clarify this

I speak Russian (and Lithuanian, as it happens). The Scotsman article repeats pretty much word-for-word what is in the Izvestia article. The one key difference is that in Izvestia Vlad is quoted as saying that the reason he did not follow through on Liverpool is that his Russian [business] partner pulled out at the last minute. That does not feature in the Scotsman piece.

Most countries in the world are dominated by two of three big clubs who get the majority of the decisions.

Spunk ?200m on Liverpool Vlad, win **** all and run to the Russian press greetin about the mafia protecting man united. Or buy Valencia and moan about Barca/Real.

A little known fact is that he nearly bought Man City before the latest owners came in.

That's very unfortunate then as I hate City.

What a ****.

Not the time to come out with that.

He needs to get his own house in order first.

Either he is speaking bull about Liverpool or e has the money to sort us out.

Scottish football is set up for two teams but refs aren't 'bought' for them.

Agree his timing is odd. He's either trying to self destruct or will easily pay whatever fine or bill & damn the ignorance of the SFA.

ToadKiller Dog

Fuss about nowt , he is clearly speaking to the Russian market , he has not said anything he has not said before if anything it's a rehash of an early

Interview again given to the Russian press .

Doesn't change anything .

Fuss about nowt , he is clearly speaking to the Russian market , he has not said anything he has not said before if anything it's a rehash of an early

Interview again given to the Russian press .

Doesn't change anything .

I'm sure the Russian press are raging Celtic bought the ref when they tucked away Spartak Moscow in there own back yard.

i know a ref who got dumped back to junior fitba after a complaint from the old huns, he just chucked it after that.

vlad is correct in what he says about scottish fitba, run by a bunch of blinkered bellends, the fiasco surrounding rangers and sevco stuck them right in the spotlight so anybody havin a go at what vlad says, are talkin pi**

and i'm no vladite

Drewjambobusby

Scottish football fans and the public love me.?

Eh ???? Good to see his delusion hasn`t subsided ? And if he uses phrases like as Little as 200m, then feckin bail us out of the situation ,HE is largely responsible for. F Buffoon.

As for The comments re Ref`s etc. He would fit in well with Paranoia F.C, and there fan base.

And, if we get a fine "Again" is he just going to add that onto debt as well ? Or maybe just use the share money ?

Just wish he would STFU.

The message to our owner should be very clear - shutp up you are a disgrace and you are costing us a fortune in fines, grosss incompetence at best, the arrogance of the man knows no bounds, completely stupid.

I can't think of one game this season when a refereeing decision has altered the result.

Hmm, I wonder why?

I can't think of one game this season when a refereeing decision has altered the result.

Last Saturday v Ross County?

Doubtful pen to County and, from where I was sitting anyway, the cross in seemed to leave about 3 County players offside. One of which was "fouled" for the pen.

Not saying it was a deliberate cheat, but certainly a wrong decision by the match officials in this fan's eyes.

Same part of the pitch in the first half and Paterson is felled by the COunty keeper, but no pen to Hearts.

Again, probably just piss-poor decison making rather than any conspiritorial.

Isn't this just a rehash of an old interview?

Not as if there's anything new about what he's said.

I'm sure some will want to bash their heids off the keyboard in rage though so I'll leave those folk to get on with doing so. :)

"I already own Hearts in Edinburgh and the Scottish football fans and the public ?love me.? - For the record Vlad, I don't!!!

Just one more particular poster and I have a hatkicker house!

Fair enough GK but whilst there are hundreds of Jambos making sacrifices to buy shares, Vlad comes out with something he knows may cost the club tens of thousands of pounds in fines.

I repeat the guy is a *****

Selkirk_Jambo

Most countries in the world are dominated by two of three big clubs who get the majority of the decisions.

Spunk ?200m on Liverpool Vlad, win **** all and run to the Russian press greetin about the mafia protecting man united. Or buy Valencia and moan about Barca/Real.

To be fair Liverpool fans would absolutely lap that up. They already believe 'Mr Ferguson' controls English football.

And I love Vlad. Even if he is a senile auld duffer. :10900:

The Old Tolbooth

I do like his rants about Scottish football and how absolutely 100% corrupt it is, because he's bang on the button with that imo, however I don't believe for a minute that he could've bought Liverpool for ?200m, and if he could, then why the feck is he letting us struggle from month to month facing sanctions from the SPL for contracts that he sanctioned in the first place if he's got a spare "?200m" kicking about???

I do like his rants about Scottish football and how absolutely 100% corrupt it is, because he's bang on the button with that imo, however I don't believe for a minute that he could've bought Liverpool for ?200m, and if he could, then why the feck is he letting us struggle from month to month facing sanctions from the SPL for contracts that he sanctioned in the first place if he's got a spare "?200m" kicking about???

Even if you had the money would you put it into something that you have publically called corrupt?

9 Scottish FA regions, 26 Grade One refs.

· Aberdeenshire and District FA

· East of Scotland FA

· Fife FA

· Forfarshire FA

· Glasgow FA

· North of Scotland FA

· Stirlingshire FA

· Southern Counties FA

· West of Scotland FA

As the SFA website now doesn't tell you where the refs live (to save their windaes from OF fans?) I think that kickback can pool it's knowledge and work out how many come from the Glasgow FA or West of Scotland FA by a process of elimination.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064

East of Scotland would be Calum Murray, George Salmond & Mike Tumilty? Any advance on this? Hopefully the Aberdeen & Fife jambos can spot any local lads from their area!

PS - has anyone spotted Brines at a game recently? Not that I miss him, but I'm wondering if he has been quietly moved aside due to the amount of howlers he had last season?

Prince Buaben

Agree totally.

Poor old man has only a few marbles rolling about upstairs now.

I guess he'll be heading over to FIFA as we speak with his dossier of evidence of referee bribery ::troll:::'>

I used to be one of Vlad's greatest fans, but this is now a load of nonsense. Not the bit about how there might be a bias towards the Glasgow clubs, that is more than possible, but it is not at the root of Hearts' problems.

Had he installed a competent manager, given him funds to spend on players, rather than impose loads of over paid underachievers on managers, and left well alone, we may well have won the league title by now.

If Vlad has the funds which he claims to have, and the desire, that could still be achieved. In fact this season would have been the best opportunity, given the demise of Rangers. Can you imagine a side of the calibre of Hearts under Burley against the dross in the SPL now? We would be taking 3 or 4 off every team, and giving Celtic a run for their money.

Instead he just talks rubbish about buying Liverpool and meanwhile allows the life to be strangled out of our club, because of errors of judgement on his part.

Is that what vlad is essentially asking fans to do?

It would seem that some sections of the support don't seem to mind and would rather keep quiet and let the powers that be carry on as per.

The Old Tolbooth

Even if you had the money would you put it into something that you have publically called corrupt?

If it had been me that agreed to the larger contracts in the first place, then I would honour them.

Archived