Youngest team in spl history

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

We could play a team with the lowest average age ever in the spl tomorrow if we dont play Banksey.

I made the point that Hearts should go for youth after non top 6 qual,and must congratulate the club for doing so.

Drylaw Hearts

Hibs once played an SPL match with a team that was entirely born in Leith and had an average age of 13 and 4 months.

They were a joy to watch.

:rolleyes:

Colonel Kurtz
Hibs once played an SPL match with a team that was entirely born in Leith and had an average age of 13 and 4 months.

and they all had different mothers and the same faither

winston churchill
and they all had different mothers and the same faither

and they all stayed in the same big caravan ,with an in door toilet and running water.

...and spent their spare time writing angst-filled, bohemian poetry...

Seriously though, I wonder if the press would make anything of it if we did field the youngest ever SPL side. I'm tempted to think they wouldn't bother but regardless, I hope we do.

Charlie-Brown

That was true - it was Edina Hibs Boys Club. :)

No doubt the press will still print that Hearts were a big, strong, physical side even if we put out our U-19's tomorrow. Christ, if we are more physical than ICT then we must have some amount of 7 foot muscle men in or squad.

Guest S.U.S.S.
We could play a team with the lowest average age ever in the spl tomorrow if we dont play Banksey.

I made the point that Hearts should go for youth after non top 6 qual,and must congratulate the club for doing so.

You made the point;) Aye you and a thousand other people.:P

Colonel Kurtz

true,but I think it is right and proper to congratulate the club for doing this

David McCaig
Only if we win

I presume this is a tongue in cheek comment.

The positive of the bottom 6 is that whilst it would be nice to win it isnt the be all and end all.

If the final 5 games see Glen, Thomson, Robinson, McGowan et al arrive as first team players then they could down as 5 of the most successful in our history regardless of the results.

Horatio Caine
so who currently holds the record for the youngest SPL team..and in what match/season?

Has to be Tony Mowbray's `young team.

Or maybe it was John Collins' `young team`.

Or it could be Mixu Pantyliner's `young team`.

No matter what their age, the Hobos are always young. Aren't they?

Charlie-Brown
Has to be Tony Mowbray's `young team.

Or maybe it was John Collins' `young team`.

Or it could be Mixu Pantyliner's `young team`.

No matter what their age, the Hobos are always young. Aren't they?

In George Burley's 4-0 demolition derby the average age of the players we played was younger - more scots players also appeared for us than them but Mowbrays Hibs were still the young 'scottish' team.

Horatio Caine
In George Burley's 4-0 demolition derby the average age of the players we played was younger - more scots players also appeared for us than them but Mowbrays Hibs were still the young 'scottish' team.

Exactly my point. Hibs will always be the young team - irrespective of how young ours are. They have that as their excuse for inconsistency. We know that we're just p*sh too much of the time.

Anyway, our youngsters couldn't possibly have the same levels of flair as the bright up and coming talents we see rolling off the FR conveyer belt. I mean, how do they do it?

Charlie-Brown
[/b]

Exactly my point. Hibs will always be the young team - irrespective of how young ours are. They have that as their excuse for inconsistency. We know that we're just p*sh too much of the time.

Anyway, our youngsters couldn't possibly have the same levels of flair as the bright up and coming talents we see rolling off the FR conveyer belt. I mean, how do they do it?

Over-hype & fervent imaginations. ;)

some cracking posts on this thread until this sheite,lighten up

Archived