Tonight Matxh - The Famous VS The Arabs!

Stuart McNeill

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dislike it when people refer to our club as "the famous". So cringey.

On a brighter note I predict a 2-1 win for Heart of Midlothian.

Prince Buaben

I really dislike it when people refer to our club as "the famous". So cringey.

On a brighter note I predict a 2-1 win for Heart of Midlothian.

I agree with both points.

scott herbertson

It wil be a famous win for the glorious Hearts - 3-2 after extra time, with Driver finally scoring and crossing to someone's head

Tough game to predict. We're certainly capable of getting through however our record against Utd over the last 5 years is not great. I'd like to think we could scrape through without the need for extra time and/or penalties....... heart says 1-0 JT's, head says Utd will win by either a scrappy goal or 3-0 comfortably.

Think it'll go to extra time, but we'll come out on top. No reason for thinking that way tbh, just a gut feeling.

portobellojambo1

The only safe predictions I'd make about tonight are that the crowd will be piss poor, and the weather just as bad. Hope we will win, but honestly not sure, we could just as easily have a nightmare of a performance and get humped. If pushed to suggest a result I would go for 1-0 Dundee United.

Maybe I've over simplifying things here but tonight is a massive game. Win and we are in a Cup semi and that brings some much needed money...... we'd be one match away from another final (yes I know its the wee cup) and more financial rewards.

A win tonight might not just buy McGlynn more time.... it could buy the club more time.

2-1 to the Hearts after extra time!

Does anyone think there will be changes to the team tonight?

I'd give Paterson a rest and start Sutton. Maybe bring in Robinson for Taouil too.

Captain Price

I can't see us getting a clear result tonight. It's going to be a dodgy deflected goal, or a penalty.

Does anyone think there will be changes to the team tonight?

I'd give Paterson a rest and start Sutton. Maybe bring in Robinson for Taouil too.

Agreed

MacDonald

Usual back 4

Arvy Barr Medhi 3wood

Sutton & Smith

Might be the night to start Sutton with Paterson....Jon Daly is being lauded as the next beckenbaur after the weekend and I'd like to see us put him under plenty pressure..we need to keep Paterson up there for his movement which could trouble him. Also, playing one up is what Utd will want us to do. Whoever is playing alongside Daly will be his sweeper of sorts given he's not a natural CH. Put Sutton up against the other CH and gie them something to think about.

portobellojambo1

any idea what the weather is like in Scumdee?

Very similar to Edinburgh at the moment it appears. BBC forecast seems to suggest that it will continue to rain until around 7pm and then stop (although how much you can trust such forecasts is anyone's guess).

Captain Price

any idea what the weather is like in Scumdee?

Currently looking out the window - it's light rain. Think it might get heavier though.

ToadKiller Dog

Just back from a walk with the dog , it's light rain in Dundee but that horrible cold scottish rain that gets into your bones . It's not great .

The Tannadump pitch is not the best for drainage ( only slightly better than Murderwells ) more so at the bottom of the slope .

Not a night for great skilled football

Hearts to win and Rudi to come on as a sub and score a superb goal that won't affect the result in the slightest.

ToadKiller Dog

Hearts to win and Rudi to come on as a sub and score a superb goal that won't affect the result in the slightest.

Sky sports hinting he may get his first start .

Morgaro Gomis

The Famous, to record a famous victory over Dundee United tonight. 3-0 to the Famous, Captain Zal with a hattrick to outdo his famous double in the previous round.

mahgrassyshoes

Sky sports hinting he may get his first start .

They hinted Robinson and Sutton would start on Saturday.

7-5 Hearts. John McGlynn to come on himself and score a last minute equalizer to take the match to extra time. 2 goals from glorious captain Zal in the last few moments of extra time to take us back to Hampden once more.

Will the Gorgie Famous Jam Tarts be able to famously turn over Dundee Hibernian in the quarter-final of the Scottish Communities League Cup tonight or will they be on the wrong end of a Halloween horror show-style drubbing? I reckon that Hearts will just edge it with our glorious cup winning club captain Marius Zaliukas scoring an injury-time winner!

2-1, Sutton & Driver.

2012 Scottish Cup Winners - Heart of Midlothian Football Club

2013 League Cup Winners - Heart of Midlothian Football Club

:verysmug:

Prince Buaben

Hope the fans give him a big "RUDI! RUDI! RUDI! RUDI!" tonight.

Only if we are winning

Archived