Ukio Bank Account

truejambo81

Would you put your money in an Ukio bank account  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you put your money in an Ukio bank account

truejambo81

To follow on from the previous thread. Would you put any of your money into a Ukio bank account if and when one opens here?

Nope

Although I would have thought Ukio would be focussing more on corporate accounts rather than public. As long as they offer competitive rates, then they won't be short of custom

Vlad would probably employ Rodney Romanov as his customer service manager or something.

"Hi, I set up a standing order into my son's account and the money hasn't gone through yet."

"INFIDEL! Your ignorance is astounding! There were no standing orders. No son. YOU DO NOT HAVE A SON! DISSENTIENT!"

No thanks :D

truejambo81

I would imagine they would focus on corporate accounts to begin with but eventually they will turn to the public too.

I can see them putting incentives up for grabs for Hearts fans. Example; A voucher for a free Rollover Hotdog on match days wiht every current account opened.

I would imagine they would focus on corporate accounts to begin with but eventually they will turn to the public too.

I can see them putting incentives up for grabs for Hearts fans. Example; A voucher for a free Rollover Hotdog on match days wiht every current account opened.

WOuld be enough to convince me :P

ToadKiller Dog

I dont have any wish to change banks at the moment but if i was looking i would consider what they had on offer they seem to have run well enough in lithuania making year on year growth.If the branch if it ever opens and the staff there were trained to treat the customer as a human and not cattle or a chance to try to sell you some insurance you are not looking for then the better.

Guest JamboRobbo

Ok, you've convinced me. I'd like to change my vote to a yes. I may risk losing a load of money, but I'll get my free hot dog.:P

PresidentRomanov

Yes.

I know alot of people on here are very young, and have limited life experience, but I fail to see how Mr Romanov having less money, is going to help him service our club financially - which , like it or not, he does.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Stuff like this is so hilariously British. Can you imagine some Italian ultras, with an unpopular chairman who also owned a bank, debating the economic factors regarding whether or not they will take a stand against that bank? It makes you proud, in a way.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes.

I know alot of people on here are very young, and have limited life experience, but I fail to see how Mr Romanov having less money, is going to help him service our club financially - which , like it or not, he does.

Well done. you're clearly a real fan, and I'm sure Mr Romanov wishes he had more like you.

truejambo81

On careful consideration I would probably open an account myself.

It would only be a savings account to hide away all those thousands of pounds I'll need to manage all those European trips that we will be on in the next few seasons. :P

Commander Harris
If their figures appealed, why not?

exactly. I'm going to chose a bank account on its individual merits - interest rates/facilities offered etc. - not who happens to own it.

quite happy with my current current account at the moment so I can't see myself changing but if I did it would based on whether I was going to get a good deal or not.

As others have said above, I would consider moving my account to UKIO if they had good enough terms...just like any bank.

PresidentRomanov
Well done. you're clearly a real fan, and I'm sure Mr Romanov wishes he had more like you.

Do you think denying Mr Romanov money will benefit Hearts?

ToadKiller Dog
Do you think denying Mr Romanov money will benefit Hearts?

Do you need to ask jamborobbo his view on Romanov,he has not hidden it very well over the last year!.

Nucky Thompson
As others have said above, I would consider moving my account to UKIO if they had good enough terms...just like any bank.
Snap. But I wouldn't buy a tyre from Farmer.

Leaving aside any views on Vladimir Romanov anyone thinking of putting anything into Ukio Bankas would need to be aware of its status. As it is incorporated in another EEA state it is automatically licenced to accept deposits in the UK. This however means that any compensation or complaints terms available to customers are those available in the home state. Having said that I would find it hard to divorce my views on how he runs his football business from my views on how he would conduct his other businesses. The whole of the UK banking industry is in turmoil just now and business is likely to be conducted in a much more conservative way for the appreciable future. If anyone was going to take a chance backing Ukio Bankas this would have been before the US sub-prime market exploded, damaging much of the UK banking sector.

So my answer to original question is absolutely not. I have worked too hard for my families well being to put it in any risk.

Mick Belker

Only if Vlad sorts out a new manager and lets him get on with running the team properly. I also believe he must get it right at the club to have any chance of getting his bank and other bussiness intrests up and running in Edinburgh. At the moment he is not endearing himself to the fans, he has got to be more transparent in his dealings. It's not really rocket science!

I don`t trust what that man has said or done for Hearts ( I know where would we be if he wasn`t here) why would l trust him with my money (if i had any) if he left things alone players who came in , went out,well,got us a manager who could by himself picked the team, well maybe then if l ever had money yes i would (will wake up in the morning and cringe i`m ****ed sorry :confused:) should be on the shed with the drinkers lol

siegementality

The only deposit they'll get of me is when I sheite through their letterbox.

you must be joking!!!
Why would i be joking?I pay for ma season ticket and buy drinks,food,clothes etc and hes giving my money to players that just dont care,so No never in a million years will i ever put money in his bank

In the current lending climate, the question should be the other way around. Would you accept a loan from Ukio Bankas? Answer - yes please! Big opportunity for them.

davemclaren
Leaving aside any views on Vladimir Romanov anyone thinking of putting anything into Ukio Bankas would need to be aware of its status. As it is incorporated in another EEA state it is automatically licenced to accept deposits in the UK. This however means that any compensation or complaints terms available to customers are those available in the home state. Having said that I would find it hard to divorce my views on how he runs his football business from my views on how he would conduct his other businesses. The whole of the UK banking industry is in turmoil just now and business is likely to be conducted in a much more conservative way for the appreciable future. If anyone was going to take a chance backing Ukio Bankas this would have been before the US sub-prime market exploded, damaging much of the UK banking sector.

So my answer to original question is absolutely not. I have worked too hard for my families well being to put it in any risk.

EU Banks have to provide minimum compensation for savers of 90% of deposits up to a maximum of ?20,000 regardless of where they operate within the EU.

Archived