robbo's back

sally27

Hi everyone as promised i am back later in season for some more Q&A if you guys/girls fancy it

got couple of hours today and everything left we can do again sometime this week so fire away

robbo (27)

:yas:

Welcome back Robbo :thumbsup:

Sorry if someone's asked this before:

What was your opinion of the group of imports that arrived at roughly the same time during your spell as manager (Miko, Chesney, Kizys, Hjalmar)?

Hi everyone as promised i am back later in season for some more Q&A if you guys/girls fancy it

got couple of hours today and everything left we can do again sometime this week so fire away

robbo (27)

Hi Legend

What are your thoughts on John Sutton

Cheers

Clerry

How do you judge McGlynn's start to the season? As bad as the league position suggests or do you think he's close to getting it right?

Good afternoon your Royal Highness.

Question - in your opinion, is John McGlynn the right man for the managers job and if you were asked would you accept the position at this time?

babertonjambo

Hi Robbo,

What are your thoughts on the job that John McGlynn has done so far this season and had you been in charge what would you have done differently?

babertonjambo

19th may was very special day and was termendous for all Jambo's did feel a we bit for my big brother and youngest son but hey ho that is football

i dont think anyone could have imagined the game would have panned out like that but got to say relief was the 1st feeling as defeat would have been a nightmare scenario

I was quite happy with the ability that Miko Cesny and Kzics showed and they settled in well enough and the system we played 4-2-3-1 suited them at the time so all in all not really a problem

Hi John...Rangers situation, do you agree / disagree with 3rd division? Further punishments ?

Also, which young players at Hearts impress you ,who to watchout for ?

Hi Robbo

Do you regret not planting the napper on that wee rodent Albert Kidd when you were sent off at Falkirk?

Once he took the dive that got you the red card, did it cross your mind to repeatedly stamp on his throat?

Wish you had.

amadjambo

Hi John, it's Leanne, I used to work at Hearts while you banged them in every season. Would you like to get back into management?

Hi John...Rangers situation, do you agree / disagree with 3rd division? Further punishments ?

Also, which young players at Hearts impress you ,who to watchout for ?

And would you have dropped to the 3rd division for extra money, if you were on the verge of international honours, or would you have taken another chance in England?

W

Hi John,

Why do you think over the years, we seem to have struggled to produce a top quality striker, regardless of personnel or management?

Cheers, Robbo :thumbsup:

How angry/frustrated were you after the game against Rangers when Andy Davies gave a ludicrous last minute penalty at Tynecastle?

Auldreekie1874

Hi Robbo,

Have you seen the bricks they are now selling at Fester Rd?

If you were to buy one, what message would you write on it?

:thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

It was the 30th anniversary of your first Hearts competitive goal last week scored vs Alloa. Any memories of it?

Rudi's Left Peg

Dear The Hammer,

Now that the season is underway without Rangers, what are your thoughts on how the SPL has progressed and do you feel there could be a challenger to Celtic after Xmas? Also do you feel our squad should be capable of finishing 2nd?

regards,

RLP

John Sutton in my opinion is a more than decent striker but you have to play to his strengths and that is getting wingers and full backs to the byline and create chances for him to score.

i dont think the lone striker rol suits him that well a i believe he would benefit from having a partner alongside him or an attacking midfield player (rudi) playing close to him . . . . remember he is constantly playing against 2 defenders every game

Guys as in said before this is tough season and we all have to be patient . . . we have a good experienced 12-13 players and the rest will have to be fed in to the side and this is best done when the team is winning and playing with some confidence

John McGlynn needs time amd suppourt from EVERY hearts fan he works very hard and in some games this season we have been unfortunate and whilst results have not been great awee bit of fortune here and there and 4-5 more points we would be sitting second so come on get behind the manager and suppourt him remeber with a sronger squad last season we finished 5th !!!!

Jambo near Motherwell

Would you ever come back to hearts as coach/manager?

Do you think Rudi will be back?

Cheers legend :)

John Sutton in my opinion is a more than decent striker but you have to play to his strengths and that is getting wingers and full backs to the byline and create chances for him to score.

i dont think the lone striker rol suits him that well a i believe he would benefit from having a partner alongside him or an attacking midfield player (rudi) playing close to him . . . . remember he is constantly playing against 2 defenders every game

Guys as in said before this is tough season and we all have to be patient . . . we have a good experienced 12-13 players and the rest will have to be fed in to the side and this is best done when the team is winning and playing with some confidence

John McGlynn needs time amd suppourt from EVERY hearts fan he works very hard and in some games this season we have been unfortunate and whilst results have not been great awee bit of fortune here and there and 4-5 more points we would be sitting second so come on get behind the manager and suppourt him remeber with a sronger squad last season we finished 5th !!!!

Jam Tarts 1874

Hi Robbo,

What do you make of the youth accademy?

Their new website is interesting - 65 international players, but are there enough top-flight quality players being brought through? and almost as importantly - being sold?

Would you ever return as Hearts manager if Vlad offered you the position?

What possessed your youngest son to support Hibs when his dad's a Hearts legend? :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Robbo, who is the one current SPL player in Hearts' current wage bracket that you think the club should target?

Lochend Brazil

Dear legend

Mr Romanov has got bored of his toy and seems now to be interested in Basketball and being a failed politician. with the a lack of investment in players and a proven manager, where do you forsee us being within the next five years.

P.s will Hibs ever win the big cup.

Cheers

Spot on Robbo, isn't it great to agree with a "ledge"

Cairneyhill Jambo

Hi Robbo.

When you broke through to the first team, I think Willie Johnston called the team Dad's Army.

Yourself, Gary Mackay, and Davie Bowman etc provided the young legs whilst seasoned pro's like Jimmy Bone,Donald Park, Willie Johnston, Alex MacDonald, Sandy Jardine, Roddy McDonald etc provided the experience.

Do you think that system would still work or is the game too fast nowadays?

Morale i would think would be ok living in Inverness i i am not down that often but certainly not herad anything other than its all fine

laots ofyoung players still comoing through and i am sure we will see more of Carrick Holt Dennis McGowan (D) etc once results improve

albert kidd incident was strange i genuinely thought Fozzy had clocked him one and could not believ it when no-one else about at the time

yes as said i hope to get back in mabagement have been offered a few jobs in lower divisions recently but nothing that really excites me at moment

Strikers are the hardest position to find and produce these days especially with the lastest trend of only playing 1 up . . just think if the under 20s and the academy teams copy this system you are losing 2 strikers at least per squad!!!! therefore it will be only natural that more defenders or midfield players will come through the system and the strikers who play the lone role tend to be quick players who more often than not are NOT natural goal scorers

Andy Davis penalty situation will always be weird/strange/unusal/bizarre take your own description and was annoying at time but what can you do????

?50million on lottery . . .head says no hearts says yes be nice to be in that position though

bricks at Easter Road ??? that would be funny but i dont know maybe thank you Mr Hart or maybe just two numbers 27

Craig Levein . . . i would not sack him results have not been great but he has built up decent squad amnd expectations rose but i would let him see the campaign out and then sit down and see wher we are . . remeber we were in pot 4 for a reason results of previous managers

SPL without Rangers is tough one Dundee teams happy Highland teams happy but most other clubs will be hurting as anything from 4-7000 away fans missing and i still have a feeling that the format will be changed at some timem we need to revoltionise our game starting with our league set up for me 2 full time divisions and 4 regional leagues produces les travelling for fans and more local derbies

Hi Robbo, cheers for the Q&A!!

My wee cousin is 9 years old, Ross Fulton, and looks like he could be a great wee player. His coaches at his local team are very impressed by his power in his shots and he is scoring lots of goals. He absolutely loves playing and watching footy (especially the hearts)!

With your experience, what advice would you give to someone so young starting out in football?

Cheers,

p.s One for the old man. Who was the dirtiest player you played against?

You had a young ex Hearts academy player banging goals in for you at East Fife, Ryan Wallace. I see he is now at Dunfermline and has had a good start to the season. Does he have the potential to be a good SPL goalscorer?

As said before i would love to come back as coach manager one day but remeber you have to be asked

I hope Craig at least sees out this campaign as it is not always the mangers fault

sorry Crabbogorgie i am spoken for x

the youth academy continues to provide alot of internationals at all age levels but the most important part is the final one when they reach 17-20 as that is when they start to fully develop as said if we went to 2 full time leagues 14 10 and then regional i believe the young players would get more games as less pressure on the manager s to stay in the league

I hope Scotland can get something tonioght but it will be mighty tough against Belgium

Scott was 'nobbled' by his uncle george at an early age and has stuck to his guns he bizarrelt has a hibs strip with robbo 27 on it which makes me giggle and all his mates dont mind it so as long as he is happy i dont really mind marc liam and jade have followed the right path

the two plyers i would love to see at hearts were jonny hayes and adam rooney they would have been the perfect fit

next 5 years i think will continue to see Hearts come back to a sustainable financial footing and i would love to see the club move towards giving the fans an opportunity to invest in the club and maybe have a bigger stake in the club like a lot of cliubs down south are now trying to do

the old/young players scenario will always work look at how andy webster came through and then Lee W allace with solid pros around the if you can get the right pro next to the young player it will ALWAYS work

Suspect Device

Hi John

having just left school in 1982 as a young lad of 16, I was privelaged to see the majority of your goals mate, my dad brought me up on stories of Willie Bauld, and I am thankfull that I had my own legend

....so I wanted to say thank you sir :thumbsup:

met you a few times up town years ago, Gatsbys/Mr Mustards etc - there's some for the young uns :lol:

My Question...at Hampden on May 19th, when you passed the big cup over to Pat Stanton, what did you say to him ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dear John,

When you took the time to coach our strikers a couple of years ago, did you notice something lacking in their ability or habits? It is safe to say none of them who were there at the club at that time have managed to kick on to a better level. What is stopping us finding a goalscorer and bringing him through the ranks at Riccarton?

One last question, if you will. Is Calum Elliot the best striker we have produced in a decade? I personally would only put Kirk ahead of him in that time. He has flaws with his attitude and mental application, but I still feel like we never got the best he had in him... What do you think of him?

Dear Robbo, fancy coming to watch my game on sat? LR plays in goals for our team and your other laddys in the opp for sats cup game, I could also do with a few shooting tips. Cheers

mulleted_jambo

Is it true that at half time in the derby just after the Mercer take over that the police came in to the Hearts dressing room and told the player to take it easy to avoid a full scale riot? Any other memories from that day?

Auldreekie1874

Morale i would think would be ok living in Inverness i i am not down that often but certainly not herad anything other than its all fine

laots ofyoung players still comoing through and i am sure we will see more of Carrick Holt Dennis McGowan (D) etc once results improve

albert kidd incident was strange i genuinely thought Fozzy had clocked him one and could not believ it when no-one else about at the time

yes as said i hope to get back in mabagement have been offered a few jobs in lower divisions recently but nothing that really excites me at moment

Strikers are the hardest position to find and produce these days especially with the lastest trend of only playing 1 up . . just think if the under 20s and the academy teams copy this system you are losing 2 strikers at least per squad!!!! therefore it will be only natural that more defenders or midfield players will come through the system and the strikers who play the lone role tend to be quick players who more often than not are NOT natural goal scorers

Andy Davis penalty situation will always be weird/strange/unusal/bizarre take your own description and was annoying at time but what can you do????

?50million on lottery . . .head says no hearts says yes be nice to be in that position though

bricks at Easter Road ??? that would be funny but i dont know maybe thank you Mr Hart or maybe just two numbers 27

Craig Levein . . . i would not sack him results have not been great but he has built up decent squad amnd expectations rose but i would let him see the campaign out and then sit down and see wher we are . . remeber we were in pot 4 for a reason results of previous managers

SPL without Rangers is tough one Dundee teams happy Highland teams happy but most other clubs will be hurting as anything from 4-7000 away fans missing and i still have a feeling that the format will be changed at some timem we need to revoltionise our game starting with our league set up for me 2 full time divisions and 4 regional leagues produces les travelling for fans and more local derbies

HoboStone_zps0737fc59.jpg

:thumbsup:

I would just like to say what an absolute privilege it was to see Robbo play for Hearts. I was thrilled when eventually the Scotland caps (and far too few of those) came too.

If I could change anything about 98 it would be to allow Robbo on to the pitch. But nothing can take away from him being a Cup winning hero.

One question - which of the young players at Hearts just now is going to go furthest in the game?

Cheers Robbo. :thumbsup:

Would you fancy your chances in a square go with Csaba Laszlo? ::troll:::'>

Have you ever talked about the incident with him?

Victor Mancini

Robbo its great that your on here doing another Q+A but I must admit I opened this hoping to read you'd been appointed to coach our strikers!

As you mentioned earlier we don't play to JS's strengths but we could really do with someone like yourself at the club who scored goals freely all throughout your career with hearts, players like Patterson and Carrick could really benefit from having yourself on the training ground, I hoped Jankauskas was going to bring that to the table this year but it doesn't seem to have worked so far- although its early days yet.

Archived