Celtic V Hearts

H J Simpson

H J Simpson

After the intial outrage at the treatment of the Hearts fans at *hitehead and the investigation etc that was supposed to be happening by the club I was wondering if anyone knows if it's still on-going, been swept under the carpet or whatthe outcome was.

Cheers

After the intial outrage at the treatment of the Hearts fans at *hitehead and the investigation etc that was supposed to be happening by the club I was wondering if anyone knows if it's still on-going, been swept under the carpet or whatthe outcome was.

Cheers

Along with the broken promises and the World cup stars etc.

Nothing will come of this and the same thing will happen next time.

chester copperpot

I emailed the club twice to get a meeting with myself and S.U.S.S to hand over the various collections of info we had been given from fans who had experienced problems at Darkheid.

Never even got a response on either request that I made.

I have given up, seems the club dont give a flying what happened that day. I would have taken it further if I'd been able to meet with one of the club officials, but seen as they couldn't be bothered giving me a response, have decided not to bother with this as it was taking up a bit too much time in my home life.

H J Simpson
I emailed the club twice to get a meeting with myself and S.U.S.S to hand over the various collections of info we had been given from fans who had experienced problems at Darkheid.

I have given up, seems the club dont give a flying what happened that day. I would have taken it further if I'd been able to meet with one of the club officials, but seen as they couldn't be bothered giving me a response, have decided not to bother with this as it was taking up a bit too much time in my home life.

Thats crap - not you dropping it - the fact the club didn't bother their erse doing anything about it. Looks like my 8 year boycott of Parkhead & Ibrox continues then

The behaviour of the police and stewards that day was outrageous :evilno:

I sent a letter to Strathclyde Police to see what they had to say about it, but predictably that was a waste of time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

boabyarsebiscuit

Very sad to hear this, given that there was some publicity in the EEN (and also given the misguided official statement given by Hearts in the immediate aftermath of that day's events).

People were picked on that day by stewards and police, merely for supporting Hearts.

Seems Romanov and his subordinates really do not give a monkeys about the Hearts support. Truly shoddy. Although nothing surprises me these days at our rotten club.

Guest JamboRobbo
Very sad to hear this, given that there was some publicity in the EEN (and also given the misguided official statement given by Hearts in the immediate aftermath of that day's events).

People were picked on that day by stewards and police, merely for supporting Hearts.

Seems Romanov and his subordinates really do not give a monkeys about the Hearts support. Truly shoddy. Although nothing surprises me these days at our rotten club.

It's very similar to what happened to me when I complained about certain clubs (Dundee Utd and St Mirren) charging more for away fans than home fans for similar seats.

The club pretended to show an interest, but when it came down to it, they did nothing, and left the fans to be ripped off by opposing teams. The SPL weren't interested in helping as they said I should take it up with Hearts. Just a shame HMFC were not willing to do anything about it.

Oh yes they do they give free tickets to kids you know....

The Old Tolbooth
Oh yes they do they give free tickets to kids you know....

They also fleece the season ticket holders and then give away tickets and strips for virtually nowt at the end of the season for anyone who has never been to a game all season.

Hearts FC, always looking after fans first! :evilno:

Andy, I cant believe they didn't respond to you mate, that is a complete disgrace! They would have plenty to say if we took 2-3K through to darkhied and decided to take the law into our own hands because they wont do anything for us, for a Scottish Cup game I bet!

They really don't give a toss about us!

Boab Mugabe

Hearts not standing up for its supporters is unforgiveable.

It appears all and sundry in Scotland have been inTIMidated. :mad:

I spoke to a pois friend of mine who happened to be on duty at the game. He said that he was appalled by the behaviour of Celtic's "own" stewards. He was going to complain to the inspector in charge about the one guy who assaulted the young lad, but was called away to accompany the boy with the heart attack to hospital.

*By the way the guy survived and was actually sitting up in bed before the final whistle!

I've lot of sympathy for the people involved - personally , apart from the 98 cup final ,I haven't been to Ibrox or Sellick Park in over 20 years and I've no intention of going back for reasons which have been better documented by others over the years.

However, why can't we just get organised and start playing the victim card in this. If the club refuse to support us , boycott Sellick Park , ask Sellick for responses to legitimate questions (if we don't get them take it up thru SMPs/MPs). But don't let it wither and die if you feel that strongly about it.

If this was Sellick we'd have had banners , a song or two , accusations of bias etc , etc, etc:rolleyes:

Where's the Federation in all of this ?

As far as i know its still ongoing and from what i remember i think there was talk that next time Hearts would take their own stewards and Celtic wouldnt interfere.

The club is also to meet Strathclyde police but this wont be till the start of next season nearer the first game.

Boab Mugabe
I've lot of sympathy for the people involved - personally , apart from the 98 cup final ,I haven't been to Ibrox or Sellick Park in over 20 years and I've no intention of going back for reasons which have been better documented by others over the years.

However, why can't we just get organised and start playing the victim card in this. If the club refuse to support us , boycott Sellick Park , ask Sellick for responses to legitimate questions (if we don't get them take it up thru SMPs/MPs). But don't let it wither and die if you feel that strongly about it.

If this was Sellick we'd have had banners , a song or two , accusations of bias etc , etc, etc:rolleyes:

Where's the Federation in all of this ?

Celtic fans would have whacked out the candlelit vigils for folk who got a dirty look from the Polis. As rank as they are, they at least stick together when they're faced with an issue and see it through. At fan level, that's how you get things done.

The Federation is a farce anyway. Certain members are more interested in shopping our own than standing up for the support as they're apparently meant to do.

portobellojambo1
As far as i know its still ongoing and from what i remember i think there was talk that next time Hearts would take their own stewards and Celtic wouldnt interfere.

The club is also to meet Strathclyde police but this wont be till the start of next season nearer the first game.

Correct.

Although in saying that it is going to be difficult to get anywhere, because both Celtic and their stewards deny any wrong doing on the day, and say they behaved in a perfectly appropriate manner.

The behaviour of the police and stewards that day was outrageous :evilno:

According to the moral majority on here, the police and stewards are always right. This is based on reaction/comment to the Inverness "Train of Hate" and Tynecastle "sectarian singer" incidents.

You can't have it both ways. :evilno:

The White Cockade
According to the moral majority on here, the police and stewards are always right. This is based on reaction/comment to the Inverness "Train of Hate" and Tynecastle "sectarian singer" incidents.

You can't have it both ways. :evilno:

more nonsense from our resident comedian

the fact that the police/stewards were guilty of outrageous behaviour at Parkhead (and Glasgow in general) doesn't mean that at other times some of our own "fans" can't have been out of order at other times

One doesn't contradict the other

it is in fact you who sice you absolve any blame over any Hearts fans sectarian/obscene singing who can't have it both ways as since according to you we never do any wrong- therefore the other side will sing from the same hymnsheet

One doesn't contradict the other

I'm afraid it does. The hand wringers on here soon changed their tune when it was them who were on the receiving end of police and steward bully boy tactics.

portobellojambo1

Those arrested at Parkhead were arrested/ejected as part of an anti sectarian operation, and amongst the sectarian comments made which led to such arrests/ejection were things like "excuse me do you actually have a season ticket" and "can I have my mobile phone back please".

If those who had been arrested/ejected at Parkhead had been guilty of sectarian behaviour the level of support they received from other fans inside the ground that day would have been minimal.

Those arrested at Parkhead were arrested/ejected as part of an anti sectarian operation, and amongst the sectarian comments made which led to such arrests/ejection were things like "excuse me do you actually have a season ticket" and "can I have my mobile phone back please".

This is exactly the type of thing that happened on the "Train of Hate" and at other events. Yet everyone rushed to condemn the perpetrators. :sad:

Boab Mugabe

Come on people, we all know that the "better Hearts supporter than you" game takes precedence over the general welfare of our support. :sad:

Doctor FinnBarr
This is exactly the type of thing that happened on the "Train of Hate" and at other events. Yet everyone rushed to condemn the perpetrators. :sad:

I,m pretty new really, what was the train of hate?

:confused:

I,m pretty new really, what was the train of hate?

:confused:

It was how you got to/from Inverness if you couldn't get a seat on the Minibus Of Loathing.

Archived