Former Hearts players in EPL

Robbo27_22

I was thinking last night on this subject.

Hearts have by far the biggest number of players who have made it in this league.

The successes are not in great numbers - most scurry back up the road after six months citing homesickness as the reason.

However, Hearts have provided Naysmith, Weir, Niemi, Johnston (not a huge success, granted. But he did stick it out), Gordon looks like he will prosper and to a lesser extent, more down to choice of clubs than anything, Cameron.

The only one from other clubs who warrants a mention is McFadden imo.

Weird.

I was thinking last night on this subject.

Hearts have by far the biggest number of players who have made it in this league.

The successes are not in great numbers - most scurry back up the road after six months citing homesickness as the reason.

However, Hearts have provided Naysmith, Weir, Niemi, Johnston (not a huge success, granted. But he did stick it out), Gordon looks like he will prosper and to a lesser extent, more down to choice of clubs than anything, Cameron.

The only one from other clubs who warrants a mention is McFadden imo.

Weird.

McCann

McFadden was at hearts.. when he was a youngun....

McCann

McFadden was at hearts.. when he was a youngun....

i thought he had a trial and was moody SOB ? Don't think he was ever part of the youth set-up tho, could be wrong.

Celtic have had - MV, SM, petrov, PVh, Di canico, varga, some i have missed i think, ranager have a few too. so many apart from the OF then i would say you make a good point

i thought he had a trial and was moody SOB ? Don't think he was ever part of the youth set-up tho, could be wrong.

Celtic have had - MV, SM, petrov, PVh, Di canico, varga, some i have missed i think, ranager have a few too. so many apart from the OF then i would say you make a good point

Ah maybe I'm wrong, I thought he was with us but got the boot.

Ah well.

Who have hibs had? :)

Ah, can only think of Murphy.

Tugay, Reyna, Van Bronkhorst (sp), Ball, McCann, Johnstone, Hutton and Zurab Kishinavilli (sp) haven't done too badly...

Did Juanjo and Locke not get a month or two in the EPL under JJ at Bradford?

:rolleyes:

Ah maybe I'm wrong, I thought he was with us but got the boot.

Ah well.

Who have hibs had? :)

Ah, can only think of Murphy.

o connor's still down their as well. and has been de la cruz. cant think of many more though

exiledinnewcastle
Tugay, Reyna, Van Bronkhorst (sp), Ball, McCann, Johnstone, Hutton and Zurab Kishinavilli (sp) haven't done too badly...

Not many of them were products of the respective clubs or even made their name there. Most were bought and sold jobs.

buca junior

Henrik had a brief but successful loan at Man U last year.

St Johnstone had Calum Davidson.

Big Duncan Ferguson.

Archived