Train station etiquette

Marvin

Following the gig etiquette post I thought I'd post a similar topic of good manners at the train station. Its not too much to ask really. What I hate is the way people barge past you to get on the train. There's this kid who always barges pat people at Chippenham every evening and his Dad and somtimes his Mum say nought to him despite the looks of scorn from other train users. Sometimes the train pulls up to you and other times not. So await your turn to get on show some good manners with other passengers by allowing one or two to jump ahead of you and they will return the favour. Any women struggling to lift a heavy suitcase - give them a hand - you will always find them apppreciative of your help even if its not required. Thank you.

Folks trying to get into a carriage before everybody gets out ... ridiculous behaviour. :down:

Folks trying to get into a carriage before everybody gets out ... ridiculous behaviour. :down:

That also applies to buses, except its worse on them because noone can get off!

That also applies to buses, except its worse on them because noone can get off!

This is very true, however what tends to compound matters on the train is luggage, and the consequences of failing to control said articles.

I'd also add that anybody that doesn't litter their train table with cans of McEwan's Export, sweetie wrappers and papers is a total knob.

Folk that pick a door they want to go into and walk alongside the train till it stops to get in that door really piss me off.

Stand still and a door will stop where you are! Arseholes.

Get the train from Polmont to Waverly every weekday morning and it's incredible the amount of roasters trying to barge their way on. I tend to stand at a place I know a door will probably be at when the train stops but I take a look around and if I notice anyone that has been waiting longer than myself I will let them on first.

Getting the train home at night from Waverley is a nightmare, I actually seen this one fat boy push a woman out the way so he could get on first! I tend to just get on last as I only go one stop. Don't even get me started on bikes when it comes to trains!!

Following the gig etiquette post I thought I'd post a similar topic of good manners at the train station. Its not too much to ask really. What I hate is the way people barge past you to get on the train. There's this kid who always barges pat people at Chippenham every evening and his Dad and somtimes his Mum say nought to him despite the looks of scorn from other train users. Sometimes the train pulls up to you and other times not. So await your turn to get on show some good manners with other passengers by allowing one or two to jump ahead of you and they will return the favour. Any women struggling to lift a heavy suitcase - give them a hand - you will always find them apppreciative of your help even if its not required. Thank you.

Anti-Irish-ist remark.

This. I've mastered the art of making 'excuse me' sound remarkably like "**** off you fat ignorant unwashed cretin, wait your turn and let your betters through."

A solid shoulder to the face can also work wonders during rush hour.

Passengers who have booked a seat and then go on a completely different carriage,then walk all the way through with cases causing grief to everyone else.

Passengers who have booked a seat and then go on a completely different carriage,then walk all the way through with cases causing grief to everyone else.

Or loads of empty booked seats where the passenger has sat elsewhere on the train verymad.gif

Folk who act as if you've asked to shite in their mouth when you inform them they're sitting in your seat.

A young couple were actually refusing to move for my 80 something year old grandparents a couple of years ago and it took other passengers to have a word before they would budge. Luckily I wasn't there, ignorant ***** :vrface:

Then there the ones who sit in your booked seat and look at you as if you have just pumped their Granny and left a big jobby floating in the pan, after you ask them to move verymad.gif

Daydream Believer

Or loads of empty booked seats where the passenger has sat elsewhere on the train verymad.gif

TBF I always book a seat on the train that I think I'll be on but sometimes get a later/earlier train.

It's kids in the quiet coach that piss me off. If you're not supposed to have a phone conversation then it doesn't take a genius to work out that you shouldn't take your greeting bairns on.

Daydream Believer

Also,

The trolley guy on the 5.40 to Kings X who NEVER has change. (even change of a fiver for a cup of coffee)

People who put stuff on the table next to them to pretend someone is sitting there.

People who want to sit in the aisle seat and plug their laptop/phone in next to the window.

The madman who designed the LED displays over the seats that mean that everyone who gets on the train has to pause at every single seat to see if they're reserved and if so, from where, holding up everyone behind them.

Virgin trains (now cross country) who charge ?230 for a 1st class return to Leeds and don't provide a trolley service, put the buffet car at the opposite end of the train and when you get there the free coffee comes in a smaller cup than the one that you pay for.

?3.30 for a warm can of carlsberg

Marginal kudos for changing to Starbucks instant from crappy Kenco

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

There were these doddering tourists at Waverley today standing in doorway of the automatic doors. I was already annoyed cos my train was cancelled and I was going to be late and I was seriously thinking about blootering the boys suitcase out the road.

When you book a seat and the ticket is on the back and some idiot still sits there.

Last time it happened to me the guy never moved so I sat opposite and started at him the whole journey. laughing quietly inside when he couldnt get the wifi to work. Kept asking the conductor what was wrong.

Archived