U20 bounce game this morning

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Tweet from Hearts youth.

Hearts Youth?@HeartsYouthFans Popped up to Riccarton this morning to watch training & find out there is a bounce match with St. Mirren kicking off at 11.30am.

Hearts Youth?@HeartsYouthFans Not fully sure who will be playing, but assume it is U20s as Darren Murray mentioned the match to me. Will post team news & updates

I'm guessing that this game will be for the younger guys who haven't played much in recent weeks. I had previously heard that the opposition was to have been Rangers, but it will be better for the youngsters to have SPL opposition. :whistling:

any team news Ross or FF ?

Trialist GK

Mullen Saunderson Gordon Keegan

Scott A.King M.Thomson

B.King Oliver Nicholson

Subs: Hamilton (GK), Beith, McGhee, Duffie, Wylie

Charlie-Brown

Trialist GK

Scott A.King M.Thomson

B.King Oliver Nicholson

cheers Ross :thumb:

kylelauren01

Goal Hearts 3-1: Gordon heads in a cross from Mullen after short corner

A short corner you say...maybe they should explain that one to the first team :whistling:

TheMaganator

Heard Billy King mentioned a few times on here.

Does he look useful other than for having 'KING Billy' on the teamsheet? :whistling:

Footballfirst

Finished 3-3. Conceded two goals due to poor play by the centre backs. First Liam Gordon was short with a back pass, which he made when he should have been told to clear the ball, then sub Jordan McGhee got pulled out of position, then lost a challenge as he attempted to recover. The defence still had a couple of opportunites to clear the ball, before it was played into the back post where there were two unmarked Saints players six yards out and one of them scored. It might have been worse as St Mirren hit the post with a couple of mins left.

Overall it was actually a really good performance from what was an U19 side (+ Mullen). They passed the ball really well perticularly in the first half, and could have been about 6-1 up by half time. The Saints keeper had great saves from Oliver, Thomson, Nicholson and B King..

Hearts still had the better of the play in the second half, and barring the defensive errors would have run out comfortable winners.

I understand that the trialist keeper is 17 year old Aiden Grant from Newcastle. He looked to be about about 6' 6" and pretty competent with it.

http://www.nufc.co.u...2383135,00.html

I understand that the trialist keeper is 17 year old Aiden Grant from Newcastle. He looked to be about about 6' 6" and pretty competent with it.

http://www.nufc.co.u...2383135,00.html

How did he do? Some fecking size for a 17 yr old and Newcastle have a pretty decent record of producing keepers recently with both Krul and Forster coming through the academy in recent years!

tartofmidlothian

Trialist GK

Scott A.King M.Thomson

B.King Oliver Nicholson

:yas:

CRAIG GORDON'S SIGNING!!!!!1! I'm off to start a thread.

(what I meant to say was, cheers for the info all :thumbsup:)

Finished 3-3. Conceded two goals due to poor play by the centre backs. First Liam Gordon was short with a back pass, which he made when he should have been told to clear the ball, then sub Jordan McGhee got pulled out of position, then lost a challenge as he attempted to recover. The defence still had a couple of opportunites to clear the ball, before it was played into the back post where there were two unmarked Saints players six yards out and one of them scored. It might have been worse as St Mirren hit the post with a couple of mins left.

FFS Zals influence really spreading through the squad.....

Footballfirst

How did he do? Some fecking size for a 17 yr old and Newcastle have a pretty decent record of producing keepers recently with both Krul and Forster coming through the academy in recent years!

He had no chance with the goals, but his handling and distribution were excellent.

How on earth did this end up 3-3?! I left just after half-time to go to Uni & Hearts were well in control! Obviously made a few errors but still shocked!

The keeper is huge though, seemed ok but wasn't all that tested from what I seen

Footballfirst

How on earth did this end up 3-3?! I left just after half-time to go to Uni & Hearts were well in control! Obviously made a few errors but still shocked!

The keeper is huge though, seemed ok but wasn't all that tested from what I seen

Hearts continued to have the bulk of the play, although not to the same extent as they did in the first (probably because of the number of subs) , but were let down by the defensive errors.

FFS Zals influence really spreading through the squad.....

Good to see that our young centrebacks were striding forward majestically, spraying excellent passes left, right and centre and, of course, scoring vital goals.

Footballfirst

Do u know where mckay, tapping and hamilton were today?

McKay and Tapping were training with the first team. Hamilton was on the bench for the game v St Mirren

McKay and Tapping were training with the first team. Hamilton was on the bench for the game v St Mirren

ah cheers mate.

Archived